Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Sabrina Sutherland Reddit AMA on Sun., Sep 10 @ 3PM PT

Post by N. Needleman »

AgentEcho wrote:Is that a guess or confirmation?
It's an educated guess.

I got a good look at Laura in that scene, both onscreen and in stills. I'll bet money it's just 2015-16 Sheryl in the wig and makeup. Audacious - I was stunned at the time amidst my tears over the scene - but by god if it didn't work for me. There is no chance it is anyone else AFAIC.

And that's definitely Sheryl's voice performing as Laura. She had FWWM Laura's broken voice, body language and delivery ("do I know you?") down again instantly. It was eerie, like she'd just been filming the movie the other day.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Came to bump the post as a reminder and I see it's been stickied. Cool! See all of you glorious Peaksies at 3 PM Pacific Time.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Strange to be so secretive over who voiced the gumtree / EoTA. Was it perhaps requested by the actor to remain not only uncredited in the series but also in subsequent post-broadcast materials?
This is a very shy boy, Will.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Interesting confirmation that the story about frogmoths in the Quinoa video was indeed the origin of the frogmoth in part 8.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Novalis wrote:Strange to be so secretive over who voiced the gumtree / EoTA. Was it perhaps requested by the actor to remain not only uncredited in the series but also in subsequent post-broadcast materials?
And she now just said "That is a fair assumption" to someone who assumed that The Arm is played by someone who wants to know about the little girl who lives down the lane.
Tailsun
Roadhouse Member

Post by Tailsun »

I'm going to dig into the Reddit thread now but if any kind soul is willing to compile her answers in a post here it would be much appreciated. Call me old fashioned but I find large comment threads on Reddit damn near impenetrable once they reach a certain size due to the way they sort and hide content.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Easiest way to do it is to go to her profile and look at all her posts. You can click on the "context" link underneath to see the questions she was answering.

https://www.reddit.com/user/SabrinaSOfficial
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

AgentEcho wrote:
Novalis wrote:Strange to be so secretive over who voiced the gumtree / EoTA. Was it perhaps requested by the actor to remain not only uncredited in the series but also in subsequent post-broadcast materials?
And she now just said "That is a fair assumption" to someone who assumed that The Arm is played by someone who wants to know about the little girl who lives down the lane.
I feel dumb because I never thought The Arm's voice actor was that important until someone asked this in the AMA and SS answered the way she did.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

ThumbsUp wrote:I feel dumb because I never thought The Arm's voice actor was that important until someone asked this in the AMA and SS answered the way she did.
Haha yeah I never even thought about it but after reading the AMA my curiosity was spiked by about 1000%.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

Is there an article that sums up the AMA somewhere?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I guess Heather was telling the truth that they never approached her. lynch and Frost must have decided they reeeally didn't like the Annie character. :roll:
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Ross wrote:I guess Heather was telling the truth that they never approached her. lynch and Frost must have decided they reeeally didn't like the Annie character. :roll:
Which is weird, since Lynch brought her back in FWWM. I guess he just needed a way to have Laura write about Coop in her diary.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

ThumbsUp wrote:
AgentEcho wrote:
I feel dumb because I never thought The Arm's voice actor was that important until someone asked this in the AMA and SS answered the way she did.
I mean I don't know we should think it's "important" but I always found it curious, especially after they credited the Bowie voice actor.

My theory is that they used old MJA audio without his permission as a little secret "fuck you", and thus they couldn't credit it.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I think it was Lynch who voiced the arm.