Sheryl Lee's performance in Twin Peaks FWWM......

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

That hospital series was called "L.A. Doctors," by the way, and only lasted a season. I still see her pop up in things from time to time and it's always a pleasure to see her and she looks great. Last thing I saw her in was a couple episodes of "Dirty Sexy Money" this past fall. They left it open for her to come back, so who knows?

And yes, I think she's extraordinary in FWWM, especially given the material she had to work with. Now granted, I would have loved to see a bit more range of emotions rather than just hysteria and misery, but it was the last week of Laura's life so I'll give her a free pass! But we saw plenty of Sheryl Lee being able to play the "good girl" when she was Maddie on TP, so I think that was more David Lynch's direction with the film rather than her performance.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

I think Sheryl is a wonderful actress & to me, she's shown plenty of range & consistency. I thought her performance in Mother Night was just amazing, & it was hard to believe that this was the same person who played Laura Palmer. Incredible actress in my opinion.

I'm in the minority here, but I'm also a big fan of John Carpenter's Vampires. I think its just a great fun movie to watch, & I think Sheryl gave a good performance here.
wilbur

Re: Sheryl Lee's performance in Twin Peaks FWWM......

Post by wilbur »

I think Sheryl Lee did an outstanding job with both the series and film. After Twin Peaks i remembered watching a tv movie call love lie's and murder her acting was top worthy that's when i knew she was a great and talanted actress.
Wilbur