Sam Esmail interviews Mark Frost

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Re: Sam Esmail interviews Mark Frost

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

Do you remember which interview he says they didn't remember the 25 years later thing until after they started? I have not even been thinking that the way back in wasn't the 25 years later thing because I thought he had explicitly stated that it was in one or more of his interviews.

Hmmmm...
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
kitty666cats wrote:I suppose "I'll see you again in 25 years" is too obvious to be this "Way back in". Wonder what it could be. Judy? Though Frost wasn't involved in FWWM. Evil Cooper cliffhanger? Well that was already a given anyway... HMM
Yeh Frost has said that the doppel cliffhanger was a given, and both said they didn’t remember the “25 years” line until after they started tentatively thinking about doing the show and watched Episode 29 together...so it wasn’t that.

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

There's a video from his promotion of TSHOTP last year where Frost says that he rewatched the finale before even talking to Lynch, and that's where was reminded of the 25 years line.
It's the one where he quotes Lynch as going "Holy jumping George!", if that rings any bells. Still up on YouTube tho I can't seem to find it from my phone.

Idk if this recent retcon is some RL TSHOTP-like memory fudging, an attempt to share the credit for that stroke of luck or something else still?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

DeerMeadowRadio wrote:Do you remember which interview he says they didn't remember the 25 years later thing until after they started? I have not even been thinking that the way back in wasn't the 25 years later thing because I thought he had explicitly stated that it was in one or more of his interviews.
Sadly, I don’t. I want to say it was in one of his recent podcast appearances.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

The most recent MR Robot episode definitely has some Peaks vibes. If you ask me very deliberate.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Warning: spoiilers for Mr Robot's s4
Spoiler:
There is an intriguing parallel between the Leland, BOB, Laura and the Edward Alderson, Mr. Robot, Elliot dynamics as it was recently revealed Elliot was molested by his father which is what triggered his DID/why he created Mr. Robot
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."