Dale Cooper Vs Windom Earle

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Dale Cooper Vs Windom Earle

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Ever since my first viewing of the series, I'm always disappointed there was never a proper interaction and exchange between these two nemesis in the real world of Twin Peaks. (Not counting the surreal events of the last episode). Earle's first tape to Cooper, "It's your move." still gives me the chills on repeated viewing, and it's just a shame it never built to a proper face-to-face conversation between the two before they entered the Lodge considering how much Cooper talked of his former friendship with Earle, Earle observered\mainipulated events from the shadows, and that this was the chief plot of the last number of episodes. It's hard not to feel oddly cheated as a viewer...
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Despite my commitment that season 2 was a masterpiece, I would agree that it is a shame enough didn't happen at the end between Earle and Coop. I feel that this is maybe because Lynch returned for episode 29 and sort of "cleaned house" wiping away all the plot elements introduced after he left and made the episode about his own ideas. It was a great episode nonetheless, and maybe Earle isn't quite dead. Who knows what season 3, or a sequel film could have brought...
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.