Do we know when Carl's Fat Trout Trailer Park was established in/near Twin Peaks?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Do we know when Carl's Fat Trout Trailer Park was established in/near Twin Peaks?

Post by LonelySoul »

As we've seen in the show and books, the Fat Trout Trailer Park moved from Deer Meadow to Twin Peaks. Did we ever learn exactly (or even generally) when this took place? Just before the events of season three? Years before?

I do not have my book copies on me right now, otherwise I'd check those. Any help is appreciated.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Do we know when Carl's Fat Trout Trailer Park was established in/near Twin Peaks?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

IIRC, TSHoTP seems to imply that Fat Trout was always just outside TP, contradicting FWWM, as well as the Pilot, which places Theresa’s murder in the south of the state whereas TP is of course on the Canadian border. The series is ambiguous on whether or not Fat Trout has changed locations, aside from the sign claiming it is “New.”
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: Do we know when Carl's Fat Trout Trailer Park was established in/near Twin Peaks?

Post by laughingpinecone »

Twin Peaks' own location changes at least twice throughout TSHOTP alone. I maintain that Mfrost's approach to canon continuity is "cat staring right at you as it slowly & deliberately pushes grandma's precious vase off the shelf"
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

The original series also bounced back and forth on whether TP was in the east or west of the state.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

And on whether it was set in 1989 or 1990! Nothing new under the sun really, except this time I suspect it's intentional and I love it.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.