Would you prefer more Twin Peaks or an original Lynch/Frost production

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.

Would you prefer more Twin Peaks or an original Lynch/Frost production?

I'd prefer more Twin Peaks.
41%
I'd prefer an original Lynch/Frost production.
8%
I'd be equally thrilled with either.
32%
I'm equally uninterested in both possibilities.
5%
I'd prefer more Lynch without Frost.
11%
I'd prefer more Frost without Lynch.
3%

Total votes: 37
AgentEcho

Would you prefer more Twin Peaks or an original Lynch/Frost production

Postby AgentEcho » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:29 am

Hypothetical situation: While discussing more Twin Peaks, Mark Frost and David Lynch bounce around ideas for an original story, and they both decide they want to do that instead of another season of Twin Peaks. Showtime green lights it. Like Season 3 it's entirely written by Frost and Lynch and directed by Lynch, but it's an original story and original characters.

How would you feel about it compared to the possibility that they do more Twin Peaks?
laughingpinecone

Re: Would you prefer more Twin Peaks or an original Lynch/Frost production

Postby laughingpinecone » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:42 am

That'd be my preferred option, I would really like to see them work together on something new! Lynch also expressed an interest toward podcasts, I'd love that too.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:57 pm

I tend to lean toward more TP, largely because I tend not to love their few other efforts (On the Air, One Saliva Bubble). It would certainly be interesting to see what else they would cook up as long as it was in a non-comedy vein. But TP:TR was in many ways an original idea, or at least, contained many ideas unrelated to the original show. The world of TP is always evolving, and I’d love to see what unexpected place they’d take it next.
mickeyfickey

Postby mickeyfickey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 am

I would love a Lynch podcast so much. Not sure if you will see Lynch/Frost collab on anything other than Twin Peaks at this point in their careers, but like anything else, that's just a hunch.
baxter

Postby baxter » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 pm

For me, season 3 was both of the things you mention. It was more Twin Peaks, but it was also an original story with totally new elements that they cooked up.

That tells me that Twin Peaks is flexible enough for them to go where they want, so hurry up and announce season 4!
eyeboogers

Postby eyeboogers » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 am

The wait between season 3 and 4 is starting to feel longer than the one between 2 and 3 :o

Return to “Twin Peaks”