Frost & Lynch nowadays

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Frost & Lynch nowadays

Post by TheArm »

What do we think the deal is in terms of Mark Frost and David Lynch's relationship these days? I just find it odd that there was very little mention of (and no appearance from) Mark Frost at the Emmy event last week, and he and Lynch have seemed very separate ever since the new series aired. Frost surfaced briefly when The Last Dossier came out and gave some interviews back then, but it's really hard for me to gauge whether or not there is a Lynch / Frost at the moment, or if the two of them are on very different pages? I thought it was interesting that Mark really was the "face" of the show's return after its announcement in 2014 and was the one giving all of the interviews, but has kept a much, much lower profile since then, and Lynch seems much more at the forefront of any conversations about the show these days. At any rate, not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, just curious if anyone knows what the status of that relationship is these days?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Re: Frost & Lynch nowadays

Post by AXX°N N. »

There was an interview a while back with Mark where someone asked him how he felt about Lynch being the centerpiece of media attention, and he seemed amiable and like he understood the fact of that. I don't believe I've seen Mark at any of the press-type things except attending the premiere forever ago, so I'm not sure him not being at the recent junket indicates a change.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Their public dynamic has always been an odd one. They have almost never done interviews/public appearances together (I think a very early interview/promo in 1990 and a 1991 event for the Citizens Opposed to the Offing of Peaks were the only times ever that they sat down in the same room to talk publicly?). It’s hard for me to even imagine them interacting, given their very different personalities. It sort of adds to the mystique. I don’t think anything has changed since the show was made and aired. Mark has praised DKL’s execution of their shared vision. It seems there was a very conscious agreement to let Mark take the early spotlight (particularly while he was trying to move copies of TSHoTP), and then to have him hand off to DKL (the celebrity director with far more promotional clout) when it came time for the series to air. I would love to have heard more from Mark (and it really makes me sad that he is represented so poorly in the Blu Ray bonus features), but I don’t think it is evidence of any animosity.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I think they're probably fine, good friends as always. If they're in touch a lot, talking or (gasp) even writing, they're probably the only ones to know since almost all their communication nowadays is through Skype.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."