Al Strobel suffered a minor heart attack

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Al Strobel suffered a minor heart attack

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Al Strobel suffered a minor heart attack

Post by Jasper »

Bad news, but it's good that he seems to be doing OK given the circumstances.

That's a lot of traveling and stress and excitement for an older gentleman.
The actor has requested that, in place of flowers, fans instead send messages of support and love via his official Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Al-Strobels-Tu ... 986785962/
People recover more quickly when they have a positive attitude and receive lots of social support. We should all send Al Strobel a little message.

In a show with a lot of very good actors, I always thought that Al Strobel and Ray Wise gave particularly electrifying performances. I hope to see Al on the screen in the future, and I mean under the direction of David Lynch, because Al Strobel was retired and only came out of retirement specifically because it was Lynch doing the asking. Al, like Michael Horse, has always demonstrated a deep appreciation and understanding of the artistry of Lynch.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jasper wrote:Bad news, but it's good that he seems to be doing OK given the circumstances.

That's a lot of traveling and stress and excitement for an older gentleman.
The actor has requested that, in place of flowers, fans instead send messages of support and love via his official Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Al-Strobels-Tu ... 986785962/
People recover more quickly when they have a positive attitude and receive lots of social support. We should all send Al Strobel a little message.

In a show with a lot of very good actors, I always thought that Al Strobel and Ray Wise gave particularly electrifying performances. I hope to see Al on the screen in the future, and I mean under the direction of David Lynch, because Al Strobel was retired and only came out of retirement specifically because it was Lynch doing the asking. Al, like Michael Horse, has always demonstrated a deep appreciation and understanding of the artistry of Lynch.
Agree with every word
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Jasper wrote:In a show with a lot of very good actors, I always thought that Al Strobel and Ray Wise gave particularly electrifying performances. I hope to see Al on the screen in the future, and I mean under the direction of David Lynch, because Al Strobel was retired and only came out of retirement specifically because it was Lynch doing the asking. Al, like Michael Horse, has always demonstrated a deep appreciation and understanding of the artistry of Lynch.
Seriously, he is very intense but quite subtle about it. That's part of what makes his character so believable, and man, when I watched the original series for the first time, I was mesmerized by his performance. Everything about his delivery made it all seem real, and I was filled with fear listening to the things he spoke about with such utter conviction. What a mysterious, burning drive that he commanded. Unforgettable!