Twin Peaks DVD at Comic Con Reports

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

benjamin

Post by benjamin »

i don't know, maybe this release of the complete mystery will broaden the fanbase and light a fire under the production for FWWM deleted scenes. at least thats what I can only hope for.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I think at this point the only way New Line will be able to get people to double dip on another FWWM DVD release is if they release the Deleted Scenes.

The current transfer looks good enough but outside of Deleted Scenes, there is no real reason the hardcore fan or even the casual fan for that matter would repurchase the DVD unless they up the ante on this one.

MK2 has been laying low on their side of the FWWM DVD re-release. I fear that the DVD may have gotten cancelled but have not heard an official word either way.

-B
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Maybe - just maybe - they're waiting to see how this "definitive collection" sells. If it is good as it sounds and it generates as much excitement/sales amongst fans as possible, New Line/M2K might release the potential of fixing up those deleted scenes for a new special edition.
tj o'pootertoot

Post by tj o'pootertoot »

Oh well...I'm annoyed.

This set sounds like it's going to be great but I still say they should have released the details before S2 came out so we had a proper choice.

I'd love to get it but simply will not be able to justify the cost unless it's awful cheap and I can maybe find someone to buy my "old" set. I love all the extras but I have the great S1 set and the mediocre-but-satisfactory S2 set and the Hong Kong DVD of the pilot; a total cost of about $150, I think.

I look at the Lord of the Rings or the new Blade Runner set (details just announced) as good examples of how to give consumers a choice. Whether Paramount didn't know the details two months ago or whether they were "hiding" them until now, I don't know. But I wasn't going to NOT get S2 with all the details so vague and I was kinda hoping the complete set would suck so I wouldn't be tempted.

Sorry for the bad vibes, but that's how I feel, darn it.
purpleturtle

Post by purpleturtle »

This set is still being referred to as the 'Definitive Gold' set. Does anyone know if they are still choosing to go with the hideous artwork that had to be removed?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

It has been stated that the "gold box" was not the final artwork. CBS/Paramount pulled it off of TVShowsOnDVD.com with the promise that it was not the final design.
Killing The Shadows

Post by Killing The Shadows »

OMG! This site is brilliant - this is very good news about the full boxset arriving, amazing features - Why has it taken so long and how much longer will it be............

Who is this sitting with Kyle?

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

It's Madchen Amick.
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

Is this box set going to be released on the same date on R2?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

this may be obvious, but madchen looks incredible.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

I agree
imbeanie

What if we already have Season One & Two Sets?

Post by imbeanie »

Does anyone know if they will be releasing Epsiode One (both versions) and the bonus features seperately, or will those of us who loyally bought Seasons One and Two have to re-buy all that duplicate material? I know that when Warner released the second box of the complete Astaire-Rogers films those of us who already had the first set were able to buy (I am eclectic, I know) --through Amazon-- the additional material in a special package to have one "complete" box set. It was a great gesture to their customers.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

There's been no announcement at this time that the pilot or the special features will be sold separately.
Bob's Socks

Post by Bob's Socks »

jmichael wrote:It's Madchen Amick.
Wow!

I couldn't make my mind up whether it was Teri Hatcher (No idea why she'd be on there to be honest) or Laura Elena Harring.

She does look good!

Kyle seems to think so too, but you'd think he would at least try to make eye contact ;)
tj o'pootertoot

Post by tj o'pootertoot »

[quote="jmichael"]There's been no announcement at this time that the pilot or the special features will be sold separately.[/quote]

I doubt they will be released separate but I'm with imbeanie - that would be my ideal.

I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll buy the new set unless:
a) I can sell my old ones on eBay
b) Reviews etc. indicate the video/audio quality is better
and c) The new box is a decent price

I really want the extras but since they are all on Disc 10 I'll likely just rent that and maybe the pilot disc or something...
The press material for the box mentions that Lynch supervised the transfers which makes me wonder because I'm sure he did for the S1 set and though this claim was not made for the S2 set I can't understand why they'd do two sets of transfers...

I dunno. Basically, as someone who has supported TP by running out to buy S1 and S2 I would be very disappointed if there was no way to get the extras and pilot without buying the new box.