Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4468
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Postby Jerry Horne » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:06 am

From Z To A: (12/10)

Amazon U.S. Pre-Order: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTKFMLP/re ... way&sr=8-2
Bull Moose U.S. Pre-Order: https://www.bullmoose.com/p/31834568/tw ... dition-box
Amazon UK Pre-Order - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YQ8C4DC/ ... 456&sr=8-3
Italy Pre-Order: https://www.amazon.it/Twin-Peaks-Collez ... way&sr=8-7
Germany Pre-Order: https://www.amazon.de/Twin-Peaks-limite ... 007&sr=8-1
Sweden Pre-Order: https://cdon.se/film/twin-peaks-from-z- ... c-48517475
Amazon Canada Pre-Order: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WXV ... _231729930
France fnac - https://www.fnac.com/a13791698/Twin-Pea ... ee-Blu-ray

The Television Collection: (10/15)

Amazon U.S. Pre-order: https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Compl ... 655&sr=8-2
Amazon Canada Pre-order: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07WTSDWJC/ref ... ay&sr=8-11
Target - https://www.target.com/p/twin-peaks-the ... A-77661231

'From Z to A' will contain:

-Both seasons of the original series, with the U.S. and international versions of the pilot
-The Limited Event Series
-Fire Walk with Me and its deleted scenes: The Missing Pieces
-Never-before-released behind-the-scenes footage from the making of all 18 parts of A Limited Event Series
-A brand new interview with Kyle MacLachlan and Sheryl Lee
-A newly produced featurette with Harry Goaz and Kimmy Robertson
-Full-length, unedited versions of a number of the musical performances at The Roadhouse Bar from A Limited Event Series
-Many special features from previous Twin Peaks releases
-A 4K UHD disc of both the original pilot newly-transferred from film elements and “Part 8” of A Limited Event Series

“Once opened, a depiction of the infamous Red Room is revealed with its brown and crème chevron floor and brilliant red curtains. Sitting in front of the red curtain will be an exclusive die-cut acrylic figure of Laura Palmer kissing Special Agent Dale Cooper. This acrylic figure comes inside a plastic display holder held in place by magnets. Fans will have the option of leaving the figure in place inside The Red Room environment or removing and displaying it elsewhere. The plastic holder can also serve as an easel to display individual images from The Red Room Gallery, a curated set of 5” x 5” printed cards depicting memorable moments in The Red Room. Each package will also contain an individually numbered collectible certificate.”

Only 25,000 sets are being produced, releasing in the US & Canada on December 10, 2019.

Additionally, “Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection” will be released on October 15, featuring every episode of “Twin Peaks” plus previously released bonus contents.
Attachments
file.png
file.png (652.35 KiB) Viewed 1782 times
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1815
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby mtwentz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:30 pm

I think we all suspected this was coming at some point. Not sure if there's any extra that could get me to buy it.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2397
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:24 pm

I’m a completist, so if there are any substantial new extras I’ll be suckered into this triple-dip. Too bad it looks like FWWM won’t be on there, which makes the set pretty incomplete in terms of a major part of the story (FWWM might have more shared DNA with TP:TR than the original series does).
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

LOL @ "again and again," you don't say!! The Entire Mystery took a mere two years to not be so entire, but at least this is what it says on the tin, at the cost of a non-clunky tagline. But hey, it could have been worse, "Twin Peaks Ultimate Filmless Collection"? :o

FWWM not being on it would have been way, way worse had it not had a Criterion release, which is honestly as definitive a version as you could ask for, anywho.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4468
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby Jerry Horne » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:44 pm

It remains to be seen just what kind of release this will be. Will it be well thought out with all new extras or will it be a quick repackaging of previously released material designed to make a quick buck over the holidays? I would hate for it to be the latter considering the 30th Anniversary is around the corner. It already has one strike against it by (apparently) not having FWWM on it. Although to be fair, 98% of the people buying a set like this probably has it already.

S3 on 4K would be nice.
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:...or will it be a quick repackaging of previously released material designed to make a quick buck over the holidays?

You know, we've been so used to these massive undertaking type releases I never even considered ... it could just be a repackaging. I feel like 4K will be a while regardless--in its lifespan and at its current state of price and distrubution, it feels like too steep an undertaking for this much content.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2397
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:07 pm

AXX°N N. wrote: FWWM not being on it would have been way, way worse had it not had a Criterion release, which is honestly as definitive a version as you could ask for, anywho.


I dunno, I prefer the Entire Mystery extras. The new interviews for the Criterion disc are nice, but it’s missing the two terrific 2014 documentaries, and perhaps most importantly and inexplicably, deletes the “Between Two Worlds” portion of the Ray/Sheryl/Grace interview. The Entire Mystery will remain indispensable if it’s the only source for those materials.
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:41 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote: FWWM not being on it would have been way, way worse had it not had a Criterion release, which is honestly as definitive a version as you could ask for, anywho.


I dunno, I prefer the Entire Mystery extras. The new interviews for the Criterion disc are nice, but it’s missing the two terrific 2014 documentaries, and perhaps most importantly and inexplicably, deletes the “Between Two Worlds” portion of the Ray/Sheryl/Grace interview. The Entire Mystery will remain indispensable if it’s the only source for those materials.

Ugh, I forgot they snipped that part out. It's essential alone just for Zabriskie's performance. I forgot about the new docs because my hatred of the old Newline doc totally overwhelms my memory.

In 50 years, despite no season 4, the definitive TP collection will be 6 releases in total!
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
LateReg
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby LateReg » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:56 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote: FWWM not being on it would have been way, way worse had it not had a Criterion release, which is honestly as definitive a version as you could ask for, anywho.


I dunno, I prefer the Entire Mystery extras. The new interviews for the Criterion disc are nice, but it’s missing the two terrific 2014 documentaries, and perhaps most importantly and inexplicably, deletes the “Between Two Worlds” portion of the Ray/Sheryl/Grace interview. The Entire Mystery will remain indispensable if it’s the only source for those materials.


I was going to mention this but you beat me to it. When I noticed this, my first thought was that Lynch for some reason didn't want the Between Two Worlds portion included. If that is the case, what would be the reason? Obviously he made it knowing that The Return would be coming soon, so what made him change his mind? Did he not like the way it turned out? Did his vision for The Return change and thus negate the sequence? Was it just a fun teaser that only exists in an alternate dimension from The Return? I doubt it would be that Criterion couldn't get the rights to that missing portion, I wouldn't think, anyway, but maybe it was some strange snafu since the actors are playing trademarked characters. But could that even be the case since Lynch controls the property?

And it is essential to me not just for the performances, but because it at one time seemed like the first and last new bit of Twin Peaks we'd ever receive, and I find that fascinating given that just two months later we'd learn that wasn't to be the case. The memory of that feeling of seeing that new bit as a standalone is quite a unique sensation when I access it.
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby krishnanspace » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:45 pm

If a Season 4 comes out, we'll have one more "The Ultimate Collection"
User avatar
AXX°N N.
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby AXX°N N. » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:56 pm

The facebook post that the Twin Peaks Archive twitter account linked as source to this news appears to have deleted mention of Twin Peaks and this set from the post here. Did you have a difference source, OP?
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2397
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:56 am

LateReg wrote:I was going to mention this but you beat me to it. When I noticed this, my first thought was that Lynch for some reason didn't want the Between Two Worlds portion included. If that is the case, what would be the reason? Obviously he made it knowing that The Return would be coming soon, so what made him change his mind? Did he not like the way it turned out? Did his vision for The Return change and thus negate the sequence? Was it just a fun teaser that only exists in an alternate dimension from The Return? I doubt it would be that Criterion couldn't get the rights to that missing portion, I wouldn't think, anyway, but maybe it was some strange snafu since the actors are playing trademarked characters. But could that even be the case since Lynch controls the property?


Maybe it’s partially owned by CBS as original scripted material, since it was produced by them for their set of the series? That’s the only thing I can think of, unless it’s just Lynch’s own preference/quirk as you say. Might be a question worth asking Charles De Lauzirika, if anyone has his ear on social media.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4468
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby Jerry Horne » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:22 am

AXX°N N. wrote:The facebook post that the Twin Peaks Archive twitter account linked as source to this news appears to have deleted mention of Twin Peaks and this set from the post here. Did you have a difference source, OP?


The only place it was mentioned was 'TV Shows on DVD'.
User avatar
eyeboogers
Posts: 502
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby eyeboogers » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Maybe it’s partially owned by CBS as original scripted material, since it was produced by them for their set of the series? That’s the only thing I can think of, unless it’s just Lynch’s own preference/quirk as you say. Might be a question worth asking Charles De Lauzirika, if anyone has his ear on social media.


My guess is that the storylines hinted at in "Between Two Worlds" were mostly abandoned during the later stages of writing. Sarah's storyline still checks out, but the things Laura are saying about her current state don't fit with what we see in TPTR.
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2397
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Twin Peaks: The Complete Television Collection (Paramount) 10/15/19

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:39 pm

eyeboogers wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Maybe it’s partially owned by CBS as original scripted material, since it was produced by them for their set of the series? That’s the only thing I can think of, unless it’s just Lynch’s own preference/quirk as you say. Might be a question worth asking Charles De Lauzirika, if anyone has his ear on social media.


My guess is that the storylines hinted at in "Between Two Worlds" were mostly abandoned during the later stages of writing. Sarah's storyline still checks out, but the things Laura are saying about her current state don't fit with what we see in TPTR.


What I recall of it was vague enough that it checks out ok. She talks about meeting people with no names, etc. TPTR didn’t particularly utilize most of the stuff she talks about, but it also didn’t negate it. Maybe Lynch disagrees, but I find it hard to believe he’d scrap the actors’ incredible work just because it didn’t directly lead anywhere. Heck, a large portion of TPTR’s screentime is devoted to moments that don’t “go anywhere” in a traditional story sense.

EDIT: It’s also possible that, since we’ve heard that Lynch conceived the “in-character” portion on a whim pretty close to the shoot, perhaps he subsequently decided upon further reflection that he didn’t like the deuterocanonical “interview” aspect of it, with him playing himself interacting with the Palmers. Who can guess at Lynch’s quirks. I still think the most likely explanation is a rights thing with CBS, though.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 30 guests