To sell my Twin peaks DVDs or not? :-)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I think you'll find that that IS the color of the red room's floor as shown in Episode 2 and the European pilot. The floor didn't become stark black & white until the second season (And even then, I believe Lynch has said the stripes are actually an extremely dark maroon - but they look black).

If you have the original soundtrack cd, the back of the album is a picture of the red room with the darker floor.
benjamin

Post by benjamin »

ah, cool, good to know.
outofcontrol222

to sell or not?

Post by outofcontrol222 »

so what ended up being the concensus on selling our old artisan and paramount versions of twin peaks?

are there extra features on those releases that aren't on the gold? (i have all three but honestly didnt even get around to the paramount version and havent started the new cbs version yet...)

besides saving them as "collectors items," is there any compelling reason?
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

There is no correct answer to your last question. There IS exclusive bonus material on the others not on the Gold set. It really depends on how much you value the exclusive bonus material on the Artisan and Paramount S2 releases. I, for one, like the commentary tracks and the Mark Frost interview on the Artisan set. I never bought the region 2 season 2 set because it had a mastering error on one of my fave episodes, and included only half the Log Lady intros, but there are exclusive interviews there too that are nice to have.

The only repeated bonus material on the gold set are the Log Lady intros. If you enjoyed the other bonus material on the old sets, keep them. If not, sell them. Simple as that, really.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"