OFFICIAL List of Special Features for "Definitive Gold Box"

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

OFFICIAL List of Special Features for "Definitive Gold Box"

Post by jmichael »

There's even MORE than was previously announced.

SNL Skits!! Old commercials!! Many documentaries! All the trading card images!

One downside - looks like there's fewer deleted scenes then we had anticipated...but look at everything that's in here! I'm stunned.

Disc One:
# Pilot

Special Features:
Log Lady Intro For Pilot
International Version With Alternate Ending

Disc Two:
# Episode 1
# Episode 2
# Episode 3
# Episode 4

Special Features:
Log Lady Intros For Each Episode

Disc Three:
# Episode 5
# Episode 6
# Episode 7

Special Features:

Disc Four:
# Episode 8
# Episode 9
# Episode 10

Special Features:

Disc Five:
# Episode 11
# Episode 12
# Episode 13
# Episode 14

Special Features:

Disc Six:
# Episode 15
# Episode 16
# Episode 17
# Episode 18

Special Features:

Disc Seven:
# Episode 19
# Episode 20
# Episode 21
# Episode 22

Special Features:
# Log Lady Intros For Each Episode

Disc Eight:
# Episode 23
# Episode 24
# Episode 25
# Episode 26

Special Features:

Disc Nine:
# Episode 27
# Episode 28
# Episode 29

Special Features:
Deleted Scenes (4 scenes)
Production Documents

Disc Ten:

Special Features:

* A Slice of Lynch
* Northwest Passage: Creating The Pilot
* Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season 1
* Where We're From: Creating The Music
* Into The Night: Creating Season 2
* Saturday Night Live Featuring Kyle MacLachlan (Monologue and Twin Peaks Sketch)
* Return To Twin Peaks
* Interactive Map (8 Pods)
* "Falling" Music Video
* Georgia Coffee Commercials (5 Spots)
* Image Galleries
o The Richard Beymer Gallery
o Unit Photography
o Twin Peaks Trading Cards
* TV spots
o Premiere Spots (8 Spots)
o There's No Place Like Home Spot
o 1-900 Promo Ad
o T-Shirt Ad
o Holiday Greeting
o Patriot Greeting

Read the full story from TV Shows On DVD
Last edited by jmichael on Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Just to add - there's a lot of detail listed in full press release you should read.

For example, the interactive town map has clips of the actual shooting locations as they appear today! "Return to Twin Peaks" is about the TP Fest! (Perhaps some of our message board friends are featured!?)

Some of the people interviewed are mentioned with some great surprises - Kenneth Welsh and Joan Chen among them.

YES the original broadcast stereo sound is on there along with the 5.1 (Dugpa should be very happy to hear that!)
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt if there are any deleted scenes from the last episode. I'm very excited that these features have been confirmed. Commentaires would have been the cherry on the top. Oh well, hard to complain at this point!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

That post is from June 18th
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

The final cover art, nor the suggested price, have been revealed yet. Stay tuned.
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Sounds pretty great. Wondering if we'll get the "Previously/Next Time on..." snippets. The "Next Time" bits from the 2nd season were really cool (and so ambiguously frustrating at the time). Would be a shame if they weren't included.

How about the missing dialouge from the second to last episode. I'm guessing (hoping) this will be at least OK on the original sound track.

What about the extras from the two individual releases? Guessing those won't be there.

My biggest question right now is what's going on with Badalamenti's second season soundtrack. I guess it won't be part of the box set. But when will it see the light of day!?? Will it be released around the same time? In stores or only online?

Excited about the release though- sounds like some actual work went into it. Will be great to see the Coffee commercials again (they are great). And the TV ads from back then.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Don't know about the Previously/Next Time segments. I'd really love if they were there. Funny how the Season 1 "previously" clips were released on VHS, laserdisc and DVD, but non Season 2 release has ever had them. I wonder if they don't exist on the original negatives?

The special features from the previous sets will not be included. Remember that the season 1 special features are likely still owned by Artisan/Lionsgate. Perhaps some of the interview segments on the Season 2 set might be repeated in the documentaries (Though I'm hoping there's little to no repeat interviews).

As for the new soundtrack CD...don't know. I'm sure Dugpa will update us when there's word. Both this and the Inland Empire cds are apparently having some legal items cleared up. Hopefully this will be released in conjunction the complete series set, or before.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

SRP is $108.99 Gold cover is confirmed.

The 10-disc set will street on 10/30. It will include both versions of the pilot episode (including the international version) and all 29 episodes from seasons one and two. You'll also get Log Lady introductions for each episode, never-before-seen deleted scenes, production documents, the 4-part Secrets from Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks documentary (includes Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot, Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season 1, Where We're From: Creating the Music and Into the Night: Creating Season 2), the A Slice of Lynch retrospective roundtable discussion video, the Return to Twin Peaks featurette, 13 TV spots, 3 image galleries (The Richard Beymer Gallery, Unit Photography and Twin Peaks Trading Cards), 3 Georgia Coffee commercials, Julee Cruise's Falling music video, 8 interactive maps and Kyle MacLachlan's monologue and Twin Peaks sketch from Saturday Night Live. The episodes have all been remastered from the original negatives (a process personally supervised by Lynch) and will be presented in the original full frame aspect ratio with audio in both newly-mixed Dolby Digital 5.1 and the original 2.0. That is one damn fine slice of cherry pie!
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Thanks for that, Jerry - I was just coming back to post that DigitalBits had posted the SRP. That's not so bad, especially considering Amazon will probably pre-sell at at least 30% off that.

TV Shows On DVD has just added the cover art. It's the same crapppy gold thing from before.

This set is so close to being perfect...if only the box art were too.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Agreed. New box and commentaires would make it near the ultimate release. It's great timing for the Deep Discount DVD sale in November! P.S. There should be 4 Georgia ads, not 3
LeoFaraon
Roadhouse Member

Post by LeoFaraon »

~
Last edited by LeoFaraon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

LeoFaraon wrote:What is "Holiday and patriot greeting" anyway?
I believe these are short spots featuring the cast wishing happy holidays and well wishes to the troops (Probably in Iraq, as the first Gulf War began during the series run). I don't know for sure if these ran on ABC or were for limited circulation.

As for the Georgia Coffee commercials - I think Jerry is right - there are 4 ads. The TVShowsOnDVD press release says there's 5, DigitalBits says 3. Either way, I think we'll be getting everything that was made for that particular campaign.