OFFICIAL List of Special Features for "Definitive Gold Box"

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks Pete! Those Japanese sites are amazing! Note the lower prices on the yen. I wonder when Paramount intends to show the Americans the same thing...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

Hi I'm new to the forum but I've been a TP fan since it came out but anyways you got to check this link out, even the disc are gold, thats right gold!
http://tv.eiga.com/seriescont.php?s=Twin_Peaks_1&t=10
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Welcome gstueve! That was one of the sites I was commenting on; there's a lot to read in here--I have trouble keeping track of all the topics and all the new members! :oops:
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

Can't help feeling a little dissapointed and ripped off by this set.
I'm looking forward to the documentaries and Beymers photographs obviously, but this set is hardly definitive. Where is all the stuff that we already know is out there? ?

missing:....
- An Introduction to David Lynch - 21 mins, from the S1 box set first release
- Shooting at the Mar T Diner - 10 min interview with Pat Cokewell from S1 box set first release
- Learning to Speak In The Red Room - 3.30min piece with Michael J Anderson from S1 box set first release
- Mark Frost Interview with Wrapped In Plastic - 14mins from S1 box set first release
- Script notes for every episode detailing deleted dialogue and scene and trivia from S1 box set first release.
- Commentary tracks for every S1 episode by each episodes director or writer - cannot believe these are not being included
- The fabulous DTS track for the entire first season - A first at the time for a television series. Why is this not being included - barmy!
- all of the easter eggs with directors from the s1 box set

also hardly definitive without Fire Walk With Me - but at least we were never expecting that.

So. Basically don't get rid of your S1 box sets
Shipslice99

Post by Shipslice99 »

I don't understand. You actually want to spend more money for material you already own? Personally, I would feel "disappointed and ripped off" if the same old material WAS on the set.
dunkrag
Roadhouse Member

Post by dunkrag »

Shipslice99 wrote:I don't understand. You actually want to spend more money for material you already own? Personally, I would feel "disappointed and ripped off" if the same old material WAS on the set.
I'd like to be able to sell on my current set so that I didn't have to double dip and have 2 sets of Season 1 one on my shelf. I will obviously buy the new set as it has new documentaries on there that I would like to have.

You don't work for a home video marketing department do you?
Shipslice99

Post by Shipslice99 »

dunkrag wrote:You don't work for a home video marketing department do you?
Nope. Never have, never will. However I do work for simple reason and common sense.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

It's highly unlikely that Paramount owns rights to the special features on the season 1 set.

I've done my share of bitching about the gold cover but they have made an effort with the complete box set and complaining because it doesn't include special features you've already seen is a bit petty. You don't have to put both sets on your shelf (assuming you didn't buy the season two set that's already out?). I must own at least 600 DVDs and they're on shelves, in cupboards, in the attic.

I'm over the ugly packaging and what isn't on the set and am looking forward to the documentaries, the European pilot in DVD quality, the interviews... Double dipping has never been an issue. I'm just glad it's finished and has a release date.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I hope the 10 discs won't mean too much compression. I know (based on other TV show on DVD releases) that 10 discs isn't bad. But I had envisioned a 13 or 14-disc set. Something along these lines:

DISC 1
Pilot - Both versions

DISC 2
Episodes 1 - 3

DISC 3
Episodes 4 - 6

DISC 4
Episode 7 (Season One Finale) and Special Features 1 (Season One Special Features)

DISC 5
Season 2 Season Premiere (Episode 8 ) or this and the previous Episode 7 (Season One Finale) so that Disc 4 would only be Special Features

DISC 6
Episodes 9 - 11

DISC 7
Episodes 12 - 14

DISC 8
Episodes 15 - 17

DISC 9
Episodes 18 - 20

DISC 10
Episodes 21 - 23

DISC 11
Episodes 24 - 26

DISC 12
Episodes 26 - 28

DISC 13
Episode 29 (Final Episode)

DISC 14
Special Features 2 (Season Two Special Features)

Now, for only 4 more discs, that would be a very cool layout and a dream for quality.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

I've rented a lot of TV on DVD, and four episodes per disc is pretty typical. I've noticed that HBO usually limits the number of episodes to three at most, but just about all of the other producers place four episodes on each disc. So I'm happy with the current layout, but then again, I don't consider myself a videophile. I really only notice the video quality when it's poor.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Has anyone noticed THIS on the Amazon pre-order page?
# Available Audio Tracks:
English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0)
Commentary by: David Lynch, Kyle MacLachlan, Mädchen Amick - Dolby Digital 2.0
Surely this is a mistake? No commentary is listed in the press release and the idea of Lynch doing a commentary is pretty shocking. At first I assumed they were confusing this with "A Slice of Lynch," but that is listed separately as well!
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Post by Red Room »

jmichael wrote:Has anyone noticed THIS on the Amazon pre-order page?
# Available Audio Tracks:
English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 2.0)
Commentary by: David Lynch, Kyle MacLachlan, Mädchen Amick - Dolby Digital 2.0
Surely this is a mistake? No commentary is listed in the press release and the idea of Lynch doing a commentary is pretty shocking...
It will be a mistake. David will never do a commentary track, EVER. I'd stake my life on that. Well, maybe not my life, ;-) but I'm 99.99% sure it won't happen in my lifetime, or his... :shock:

RR
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

you never know, though...
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

I managed to plug Lynch and the Peaks DVD set over at starwars.com -- Hey, gotta grab any opportunity! (and believe me, they don't often present themselves!)

http://starwarsblog.wordpress.com/2007/ ... cted-jedi/
imhotep

Post by imhotep »

Does anyone know if the version released in Sweden is identical to the one you are talking about?

All I know it's 10 discs.