Twin Peaks Gold Box Available Now at Amazon.com

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Gold Box Available Now at Amazon.com

Post by dugpa »

The Twin Peaks Gold DVD Box Set is Now Available. If you would like to help support this site, please click below to place your pre-order. A small percentage will go towards paying for the monthly charge to my Internet Service provider for hosting Dugpa.com and the Messageboard.

Twin Peaks Gold DVD Box Set

Thanks!

-Dugpa
Last edited by dugpa on Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Anywhere from 1% to 4% depending on the type of item. Every bit helps especially since the costs for hosting the site is no longer free. Previously a friend of mine was hosting the site however last year, he decided that he could no longer host his friends site as it was becoming too much to manage and support. So since last year, we've been hosting the site at GoDaddy.com.

-B
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I had already ordered it but cancelled it and reordered it cos I love Dugpa.com!

Thanks Dugpa for everything - this is such a great site.

Everyone who orders from Amazon should post here. Would be good to get an idea how many copies are being sold.

I ordered two copies as $69.99 is a really great price. I want to keep one sealed. Wish I had done this before, particularly with Twin Peaks Season 1 US version, when it was first released.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

Ordered! :D
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

Tried to order but Amazon's gift certificate service is unavailable right now and I have a gift certificate I want to use.
Guess I'll try again in a few hours.

Thanks!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Gold Box Available for Pre-Order at Amazon.co

Post by snikgrif »

dugpa wrote:The Twin Peaks Gold DVD Box Set is Now Available for Pre-Order. If you would like to help support this site, please click below to place your pre-order. A small percentage will go towards paying for the monthly charge to my Internet Service provider for hosting Dugpa.com and the Messageboard.
Won't this effect the bias on future reviews of this item when it is released, considering dugpa.com will have a pro rata financial interest in sales through the site?
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
sstroud

Re: Twin Peaks Gold Box Available for Pre-Order at Amazon.co

Post by sstroud »

snikgrif wrote:
dugpa wrote:The Twin Peaks Gold DVD Box Set is Now Available for Pre-Order. If you would like to help support this site, please click below to place your pre-order. A small percentage will go towards paying for the monthly charge to my Internet Service provider for hosting Dugpa.com and the Messageboard.
Won't this effect the bias on future reviews of this item when it is released, considering dugpa.com will have a pro rata financial interest in sales through the site?
Are you serious? Don't you think he's probably going to be biased towards it regardless? I suggest going to a site that is not a Lynch fan-site if you're looking for unbiased reviews of his work/products. And I don't think this is any different than all of the other Amazon links he's always had on the site. And besides all that, I'm sure Dugpa is beyond reproach on such "ethical" matters. :mrgreen:
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I am a fan of Lynch, not a fan of Paramount's products necessarily. This is why reviews should be totally independent of sales. It is not a judgement on Lynch's work but that of how it is reproduced and sold to us by agents, such as Paramount, that I look for guidance.

I have no question about dugpa's ethics, I have followed his site for several years and have found him very unbiased on product reviews, I just think that this may cause some to question this strategy that is all. I would be more inclined to a donation approach than getting a dividend of Paramounts sales.

That said, I personally, am sure dugpa is way above any sort of misrepresentation, so I apologize for any hurt feelings that my concerns may have caused.
Si

D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Amazon added a fun little video with lots of clips involving coffee :D I also noticed that this boxset is now in the DVD top 100.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Amazon dropped the price to $64.99 today :shock: Did anyone notice that, in addition to the video, a cherry pie recipe was added? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Amazon is putting a lot of effort into this release (yay!). And the boxset is now in the DVD top 50 :P
sstroud

Post by sstroud »

D0ppelgangerDale wrote:Amazon dropped the price to $64.99 today :shock: Did anyone notice that, in addition to the video, a cherry pie recipe was added? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Amazon is putting a lot of effort into this release (yay!). And the boxset is now in the DVD top 50 :P
Just noticed the price drop a few minutes ago. Was checking to see where IE was on best-seller list, saw TP at #17 and then saw the price. Maybe it'll be down to $50 by release date. :)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

snikgrif wrote: That said, I personally, am sure dugpa is way above any sort of misrepresentation, so I apologize for any hurt feelings that my concerns may have caused.
No worries. To be honest, the revenue that is made from Amazon doesn't even cover my yearly costs to pay for hosting the site but it does help. As for being bias, rest assured, if the new box set is crap, I'll call it as such. If you're on the fence for buying this set, the best thing to do is go to other sites, read several reviews and make up your mind based on the consensus.

From what I know, it looks to be quite promising. Although I'm sure that I'll have the same gripes with compression that I had with the Season 2 set. Four Episodes to a disc projected on a big screen seems to have artifacts in all of the real dark scenes, Episode 29 being the best example. As for the sound, it's good to know that they are releasing the original sound mix so I may never listen to the 5.1 track after that.

-B
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Cheers Dugpa!
Si

Darth Bowie

Post by Darth Bowie »

I pre-ordered mine from the link on the 1st day for $59.99!

:)