What other TV shows do us Peak Freaks like?!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I must admit I like Season 1 of Millennium but am finding it bit hard going, impossible to watch one after the other, too self-contained and very depressing at times. But I DO like it a lot. However, I am really looking forward to overarching themes/story in Season 2 - that's why I bought it and started watching it, based on this.

So some people are saying it's not that good (i.e. Ross) and some that it's brilliant (i.e. eyeboogers). :?:

So - conclusion- will have to get to Season 2 and decide for myself! More to follow .... :D
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just bought final season of SEINFELD on DVD. Yeah! :D
Parkamarka

Post by Parkamarka »

John From Cincinnati was incredible. That, along with The Wire, and possibly Deadwood are the only shows I'd consider putting in the same league as Twin Peaks.

Although, I thought Mad Men was a tremendous show that went a little bit under the radar this year.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

1. Twin Peaks

2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

3. the new reimagined Battlestar Galactica

4. Lost
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Watched all 83 episodes of The Sopranos in three months - finishing just after the last set came out. :shock: In the meantime, randomnly picked up 'Buffy' Season Two - and it's amazing how fresh and entertaining these early seasons seem to more recent fare. For instance, just finished the first season of Heroes on DVD - second time watching it - and Jesus, that finale is a real dud. And while some moments I liked in the 11-episode second season (usually to do with Horn-Rimmed Glasses or Kristen Bell's character), it's a series that really needs to pick up it's game after the Writer's Strike is resolved.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night