The Gold box - region 2

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

I know these aren't R2, but DVDS Limited, [www.dvdslimited.com], in the UK are selling R1 gold box sets, complete with postcards etc.

I ordered on Wednesday and got it this morning, Friday, for £45.99 plus £3.50 p&p,[signed for delivery].

I got mine through his e-bay account, going under the name 'rinsalot' I have used him before and seems reliable. 100% f/b
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''
Double Identity

Post by Double Identity »

Trying not to look at this thread lol :lol: Still waiting for my USA copy!
Fan since 1990!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Double Identity wrote:Trying not to look at this thread lol :lol: Still waiting for my USA copy!
I hope you get it soon.
Si

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

I have ordered mine from Australia as their region 4 is compatible with my UK region 2 player! Much better than a European version as they will be in a foreign language at the backside of the box... By the way, does anyone know if the Australian release also includes the famous postcards?
Douglas_Fir

Post by Douglas_Fir »

snikgrif wrote:I know these aren't R2, but DVDS Limited, [www.dvdslimited.com], in the UK are selling R1 gold box sets, complete with postcards etc.

I ordered on Wednesday and got it this morning, Friday, for £45.99 plus £3.50 p&p,[signed for delivery].

I got mine through his e-bay account, going under the name 'rinsalot' I have used him before and seems reliable. 100% f/b
They are still only £36 on www.cdwow.com! Free p&p!!!
Douglas_Fir

Post by Douglas_Fir »

Double Identity wrote:Great idea but crikey though. This is what I need to do to mine: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-s35/2473 I absolutely do not want to be a stereotype but I'm a girl and looking at that is the equivalent of Charlie Brown trying to understand his teacher! Why on earth do they have all these different regions.
Sadly Panasonic & Sony dvd players are the toughest nut to crack. If all fails you can always watch your R1 boxset on your pc if you have a DVD drive. This will require some tinkering but it is simple, so simple even Snoopy could do it! :)

PM me if you need any help!
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Post by snikgrif »

Douglas_Fir wrote:
snikgrif wrote:I know these aren't R2, but DVDS Limited, [www.dvdslimited.com], in the UK are selling R1 gold box sets, complete with postcards etc.

They are still only £36 on www.cdwow.com! Free p&p!!!
Talking about prices, I saw this price $162.84, and called a real bargain [I don't think so], from the U.S. Even with the good exchange rate, that's over £80 before you pay p&p and import duty.
Si

Meriades

Post by Meriades »

Just wanted to say thank you to those who have posted helpful comments here, especially Douglas Fir. I've got my Region 1 Gold Box on order from CDWow and have re-adjusted my DVD player successfully. Now I just have to hope that amazon uk get their act together and get me my constantly-delayed Season 2 soundtrack some time before I die... *sigh*
For all fans of Twin Peaks, come visit Cougar Ridge - the interactive town where nothing is quite as it seems...

http://cougar_ridge_v2.livejournal.com
DexterII

Twin Peaks Gol Box

Post by DexterII »

I looking for release gold box edition Twin Peaks dvd's in Region 2 with CZECH o SLOVAK subtille. i'm in a sorry state, because info about that i can't find. Anybody have info about gold box edition twin peaks with mentioned subtitle.

thanx in advance
Double Identity

Post by Double Identity »

Douglas_Fir wrote:
Double Identity wrote:Great idea but crikey though. This is what I need to do to mine: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/panasonic-s35/2473 I absolutely do not want to be a stereotype but I'm a girl and looking at that is the equivalent of Charlie Brown trying to understand his teacher! Why on earth do they have all these different regions.
Sadly Panasonic & Sony dvd players are the toughest nut to crack. If all fails you can always watch your R1 boxset on your pc if you have a DVD drive. This will require some tinkering but it is simple, so simple even Snoopy could do it! :)

PM me if you need any help!
Thanks very much Douglas but I have got the box set from Amazon.com and a new dvd player. And oh my word I cannot tell you it is so wonderful! When I saw the first bit of the first episode of season 2 I just had such a sharp intake of breath. The colour! The detail! The last time I saw it in such high quality was in 1990, and it is most likely even better now than then. :D Oh, and I got postcards too!
Fan since 1990!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Anybody speak German? What's up with the Twin Peaks shirts here?

http://paramount.laura-palmer.net/
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

I tried to figure it out with Babelfish, but it didn't help much either. I wonder where those shirts are from? The don't show up on the "shop" tab for that site either.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Seems like they were only part of a contest that's already ended. But my German is extremely dodgy, so don't trust me. The collage of the items on the site is called "winstuff.jpg", btw. 8)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So where's everyone buying their Region 2 sets? And is it true postcards are now also in the Region 2 sets?

(Have US one but want a Region 2 one also for completion and region problems!)
Last edited by Jonah on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

1. I bought it in a regular store in Oslo. For the UK I think amazon.de seems like a good alternative.
2. Yes!
3. Probably not in a long while. I would buy the R2 set from some other country instead of waiting.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"