"Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Re: "Do your palms ever itch?" All things Audrey

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Audrey Horne wrote:eh, I believe her. Not going to make her jump through hoops.

And that Prince story is pretty thorough. And I think a fake would be talking about Audrey in her blog more, or Johnny Depp.

Viva la Fenn!
I totally agree, I told her to ignore the nay-sayers. :lol: Hah, and filmmaker Kevin Smith replied to me - as he's often mentioned he's a Twin Peaks fan - bringing attention to her account: http://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/6213355492. Two people I admire replying to me? It's been a good day. :)
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Gerry found this gem in her blog -writing about auditioning for Audrey.

http://sherilynshines.blogspot.com/2009 ... -life.html

As I read the script I must admit that I did not find it so incredible. It was no Elephant Man. My agent kept referencing Peyton Place but this meant nothing to this young person. It read like a soap opera. Hence the reference but Blue Velvet meets Peyton Place. That was the one line pitch. I challenge anyone to have read it , in and of itself and guessed what it turned into. I inexperienced as I was could not see it. But was excited nonetheless. Be the magical hand of David Lynch would be touching it.

So there were the three options of roles for me as far as I could tell. The dead girl, Laura Palmer. The sweet girl who always cried, Donna Hayward. Or the sexy waitress who was being abused by her mean husband, Shelley. Sorry, I cannot remember her last name. [A tweetybird reminded me its Shelley Johnson. Thank you] Although in my life I was most like Donna, I did not think I could carry a show the way she had to. Let alone cry scene after scene. I would more than likely be seen as Shelley.

You see, there was NO AUDREY HORNE at this point. Sad but true. But ultimately not so sad as it turned out, right!!!!!

I remember sitting in the waiting room at Propaganda Films. My heart pounding out of my chest. Looking around at a few other girls no doubt experiencing the same emotions. Remembering what the manager said. Just be yourself. Just be yourself, was my mantra. Then my name was called. ldgutikehgsvrjmthnjbhvgfdsguritoyuiytyrtefwgshdjfmgnbvcdh!!!!!

The head shot they had was me in a black turtleneck with very short platinum blond hair. Very overexposed and artsy. It was why David brought me in. My hair had since been dyed to it dark color again. David immediately spoke of that. In fact, he did most the talking because I was being as I am in my life....shy. How I had to fight every impulse to be chipper and all this other stuff I had pretended to be in auditions and my young life up until now. And if forced him to talk more than he was accustomed to.

He said the picture reminded him of his daughter with the blond hair and all . A woman would I would come to know, love and work on one of my most intense jobs with. Boxing Helena. She is simply brilliant. Of course I am speaking of Jennifer Lynch. Again, this is another blog altogether. But did you know that Jen wrote the book of Laura Palmer's diary that came out while the show aired?! A little trivia.

David was kind and funny. Not at all what I expected. He was quirky but in an innocent way. I thought he'd be dark but he was not. Only the recesses of his mind were. Who's are not. And he had the courage to look at it. Through his work. The best description I have ever heard of him was Jimmy Stewart from Mars. That is the perfect one, to me.

Then he asked if I liked the script. Uh-oh!!!!!! The moment of truth. So far, I was true to me. Would I share my perspective? Could I??? It was nothing less than a character defining moment. A turning point in my life. The beginning of telling the truth. I said there, a huge lump in my throat, I felt like I couldn't breathe. He stared at me with a slight smile, prompting.....

I finally said.... well..... yea..... I thought it was ok...... He just looked at me. Not upset but wanting to hear more of my inexperienced perspective. And....... it seems like everyone is sleeping with everyone else. He smiled and seemed to appreciated my honesty. We finished and I left. Relieved to be finished and prayerful that it went well.

I got home to find an urgent message on my answering machine. My agent. Call asap. I was told that although it seemed that David was not offended, the casting director was outraged. She said I should've been more positive and tried to talk more and have more energy. It was devastating. Maybe that stupid fucking manager was wrong. Clearly she was and I blew a huge opportunity in the process.

I don't remember how long it was before I got the next call. But I do remember feeling lost and depressed. Wondering if I should even do this stupid Hollywood thing. Pulled out chicken soup again and isolated .

But the magic call came. One of the few I can count on one hand in this business that I will not ever forget. It seemed that the casting person was wrong. So wrong. That David loved me, wanted me on the show and was actually WRITING a role for me!!!!!!!! WHAT???!!!!!

I remember where I was standing as I got that call. I freaked out. I played it cool on the phone, mocking the casting directors earlier criticism. Hung up and lost it!!!! Jumping, screaming, laughing and crying. So much so that my crazy neighbor knocked on my door to check that I was ok. She then joined me in my celebratory dance and busted into some praise God's.

That David Lynch saw something in me that no one really had, save my dear agent of many years, was astounding to me. I am forever indebted to him. And frankly, I kind fell a little in love with him. As a patient does with a doctor that saves her and nurses her back to health.

It seemed for the moment, I had been saved.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Completely forgot all about this ad that was running on MTV at the height of Audrey Horne mania...

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Happy Holidays to all the Peakers out there.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Merry Twin Peaksmas to everyone! :mrgreen:
Roomservice...
Black Rose
Roadhouse Member

Post by Black Rose »

Audrey Horne,

That ad made me want a lot more than books. :D
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/6256/
New Sherilyn interview. The links at the end should put an end to the speculation her Twitter and blog aren't real! ;)
-- Gerry

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

great find, Gerry.

and here's the ABC promo featuring Audrey and a dancing ABC ball. (it's a trip to see how dated everything looks except Audrey Horne and Dale Cooper)

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

hmm, don't know if the above still is showing up. It shows up on my home computer, but not on this one.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Yes Audrey I can see it! It's great! :wink:
Roomservice...
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Never seen this. Beautiful.

And.... wow! :shock:

-- Gerry

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

-- Gerry

They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

-- Gerry

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

love these. And what great clarity.

I'll try to do some more write-ups.