Boxset Now Available in NYC! (A Few Brief Comments)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Audrey Horne wrote: *I only know about the Ben Horne finished product because it's on THE NEW DVD (whoo hoo!!)
What Ben Horne finished project are you referring to?
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

KahlanMnel wrote:I'm about ready to pass out from anticipation of this box set. LOL At first I wasn't too hot on it...more like "Oh, yeah, complete set. I'll buy." But now hearing about how cool the documentaries and interviews are, I'm starting to get anxious for my copy!
KahlanMnel, did you have more details on the deleted scenes? I've been checking this post all day and it looks like someone cut some details out.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Audrey Horne wrote: *I only know about the Ben Horne finished product because it's on THE NEW DVD (whoo hoo!!)
The "story" is on the DVD, right? If the actual footage is on there, I just might die.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

Audrey Horne wrote:king, Ben was in all the episodes.

if you are correct i apologize. i am under the assumption he was not in the episode for Lelands funeral and the bobby/ben arc started the ep after. i may of course be wrong because i have held off watching the show when i heard of the gold box set.

they could have filmed all of ben's prison scenes at once though to compensate his not being on set....then again i dont think that makes much sense because he DID appear out of prison after that.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I think Ben is in all 30 episodes too. imdb list Beymer, Flynn Boyle, Ontkean, and MacLachlan as the only actors who appear in all the episodes, and (going from memory) I think they're right.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Charles, good to see you here and I just wanted to say great job on the documentaries, they are some of the finest I have ever seen on a DVD! So, in the name of all the fans, thank you for all the hard work!

Now, you HAVE to do one on "Fire Walk With Me"!! :P
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

FYI - regarding deleted scenes, here's a note I snipped from Jordan's mini-review of the set over at the Gazette:
Fans should also note that the reason why there are not more scenes is due to the fact that many of the unused video and audio masters from the series were destroyed quite some time ago. Before the scenes start, there is short note mentioning this.
Mystery solved. :)
Last edited by KahlanMnel on Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's good to want things..."
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

charles, great work.

king, Ben is in the post Leland death episode -Bobby comes to see him, while Audrey has a basket of scarves (??!!) -"there's a bug in my office!" The next episode is where Hank tells him he's out of OEJ/film projector/the next is with the feng shui tower and the blackmail photos.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I just took a look at this weekends Best Buy and Circuit City ads and neither mention the set at all, which really kind of surprised me. I haven't seen Target's yet. There goes my silly dream of a store exclusive of some sort.
Monty Props

Post by Monty Props »

Kim's Video on St. Mark's has the sets for sale (and lots of them). $79.99. No soundtracks yet though.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I'm tearing through the set and loving every second of it.
The documentary and Slice Of Lynch features are phenomenal.

I had to pop on to make a quick comment. I have seen the SNL skit a lot over the years, but I never noticed until tonight that Conan O'Brien was the silent Deputy Andy. I don't even remember him being on SNL.

:D
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

He was a writer for SNL. it's funny whenever I saw Conan I still thought of him as the guy who played Andy.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i'm not sure what Charles' user name is on here, but I have one question -

did the ben killing maddy footage get lost in the shuffle or is it still around? i imagine it was never edited to include bob slipping in and out of the picture but to me this is the most intriguing "deleted scene" even if it doesnt add to the story at all.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

brad, in the documentary Into the Night, it is talked about that the Ben footage was edited, and color corrected -and completely ready to go. Both versions were completely right up to the moment it had to be delivered to the network.