Subtitles

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
worthit

Subtitles

Postby worthit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:49 pm

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I was wondering if there are any subtitles on the R1 version of the gold box. If there are, can anyone please tell me which languages they are in?

I'm wondering whether I should buy R1 or R2 of this box (I live in Norway, but I have a region-free dvd player).

If I buy R2, that means I get norwegian subtitles, which could come in handy, but then I have to wait another month before it is released.

If I buy R1, I don't know what kind of subtitles I get (if any), but I'll get it sooner than R2.

Hope you can help me. Cheers!
Jerry Horne

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:56 pm

Subtitles: English/Spanish/Brazilian Portuguese
worthit

Postby worthit » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:12 am

Thank you!
silenttwn

Postby silenttwn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:26 am

I hated how in the original Season 1 release they didn't have any subtitles. Subtitles are great. I always find they help you follow the story when you watch a movie or TV show with subtitles.
worthit

Postby worthit » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:17 am

I speak english pretty fluently even though I'm not from an english-speaking country. The main problem for me when watching something without subtitles, is that I can't even cough without missing a piece of dialogue. And when I'm watching something with other people in the room, there's automatically some sounds all the time (laughter etc). That's why I like subtitles. That way I won't miss out on anything. I don't really care if they are in english or norwegian as long as I can understand the language :)

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”