LA locations?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

charles wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Everyone go here and help Charles from In Twin Peaks find some elusive California locations!
Hey, Thanks again Jerry!

The Arm is correct. Leo and Shelly's house was located in the Malibou Lake neighborhood in
Agoura--only, I've heard it has since been razed to make way for a "finer" home.

It's also been mentioned that many woodsy scenes were, in fact, shot in Coldwater Canyon Park 'so that sounds like a good bet.

Damn, what I wouldn't do to be able to go on that walking tour! I hope I don't get shooed out of the neighborhood when I go there for intwinpeaks.com!
Hey Charles! I was actually the one who posted all of those things on the guestbook on your site with the California locales that I'm aware of. Malibou Lake will be a tough one I think as they do like to keep it private and there are lots of "No Trespassing" signs around. Btw, they also shot the scene where Cooper & Truman pull Leland over in Episode 15 there (when he's swerving). But I'd try to get in there maybe early one morning, because it really does look the same as it did on the show (especially around the actually lake and gazebo). I think they also shot the scene where James leaves Donna in Episode 16 there, as well, but in a less residential area. I took some pics when I was there so I'll see if I can post them here if I can figure it out...
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

TheArm wrote:
Hey Charles! I was actually the one who posted all of those things on the guestbook on your site with the California locales that I'm aware of. Malibou Lake will be a tough one I think as they do like to keep it private and there are lots of "No Trespassing" signs around. Btw, they also shot the scene where Cooper & Truman pull Leland over in Episode 15 there (when he's swerving). But I'd try to get in there maybe early one morning, because it really does look the same as it did on the show (especially around the actually lake and gazebo). I think they also shot the scene where James leaves Donna in Episode 16 there, as well, but in a less residential area. I took some pics when I was there so I'll see if I can post them here if I can figure it out...
Thanks so much for those awesome tips! Very helpful!

Wow, I've known for some time that the Johnson's, One Eyed Jacks, Easter Park, Timber Falls Motel, Jacques apartment, and Harold Smith's were all shot right around the lake, but I always figured that the wooded Donna and James road was in one of the state and city parks they shot in --good idea to keep my eyes open around the Malibou Lake area for that one. Thanks.

I think I may end up renting the gazebo from the Malibou Lake Mountain Club in order to gain access/legitimacy in the neighborhood for the day. I don't relish the idea of being leered at otherwise. Wish me luck!
Last edited by charles on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let y'all know that I've updated my California Locations page to show specifically the locations I haven't yet found. Please take a look 'and thanks for all your help with the search thus far!
http://www.moreintwinpeaks.com/search/l ... 0LOCATIONS
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

charles wrote:... but I always figured that the wooded Donna and James road was in one of the state and city parks they shot in --good idea to keep my eyes open around the Malibou Lake area for that one. Thanks.

I think I may end up renting the gazebo from the Malibou Lake Mountain Club in order to gain access/legitimacy in the neighborhood for the day. I don't relish the idea of being leered at otherwise. Wish me luck!
Actually, the James and Donna road is at the Coldwater Canyon location. I've got this shot on slides but need to scan them.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm so excited everyone is coming together to help Charles make this happen. I can't wait to see the results. Hey Charles, where is the original Briggs' house located?

http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/20 ... house.html
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Charles,

Be sure to give me a call when you are in town. I should be able to get you to most if not all of the places on the list.

I've personally been to the Marsh House (outside the gate) as well as Glastonberry Grove. At Glastonberry Grove, you can still see the imprint of the oil although it was pretty faint about 4 years ago.

-B
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm so excited everyone is coming together to help Charles make this happen. I can't wait to see the results. Hey Charles, where is the original Briggs' house located?

It's in Snoqualmie or North Bend, but as far as a specific address goes, your guess is as good as mine. I've noticed that in the last few years a couple of the luckier guests at the Twin Peaks Festival posted their photos of the exterior of the Briggs house. I'll likely go to the Festival this year and will finally have time to find it myself, if not through the help of someone at the Festival, and post the results --unfortunately, now there's a 6' tall wooden fence around most of the house which makes it difficult to see.
Last edited by charles on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

dugpa wrote:Charles,

Be sure to give me a call when you are in town. I should be able to get you to most if not all of the places on the list.

I've personally been to the Marsh House (outside the gate) as well as Glastonberry Grove. At Glastonberry Grove, you can still see the imprint of the oil although it was pretty faint about 4 years ago.

-B
I certainly will! And thanks so much again for the very generous offer! I'm so excited to see where they shot Glastonberry Grove!!!

...hmmm, come to think of it, I wonder where in the North Bend/Snoqualmie area they shot the Glastonberry Grove scene in FWWM?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

charles wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I'm so excited everyone is coming together to help Charles make this happen. I can't wait to see the results. Hey Charles, where is the original Briggs' house located?

It's in Snoqualmie or North Bend, but as far as a specific address goes, your guess is as good as mine. I've noticed that in the last few years a couple of the luckier guests at the Twin Peaks Festival posted their photos of the exterior of the Briggs house. I'll likely go to the Festival this year and will finally have time to find it myself, if not through the help of someone at the Festival, and post the results --unfortunately, now there's a 6' tall wooden fence around most of the house which makes it difficult to see.
I meant this house:

joey m

Post by joey m »

If I had to guess, I'd say the bank explosion shot was done on a backlot.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I think that Horne's Dept. Store is somewhere in downtown Beverly Hills; maybe along Wilshire Blvd.? I can't be sure, but that's certainly what it looks like. Can anyone confirm?

And dugpa, care to help a fellow Angeleno find some of those spots? I would DIE to see where Glastonbury Grove was, and I've always wondered where the Marsh house is, Jacques' cabin, etc...
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Jerry Horne wrote:
charles wrote:

I meant this house:

WOW Jerry - where did you find that?? That's pretty incredible.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

My twin brother found it on a reel of deleted scenes :)
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Jerry Horne wrote:My twin brother found it on a reel of deleted scenes :)
Oh, I thought you meant the WA one.
Jerry, That's incredible! Amazing find! Hmmm.... it looks like L.A. for sure... vegetation wise anyway. I'd love to find that for the site as well.
pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Post by pvilmur »

The "The Briggs" sign posted in that cut scene was actually offered on ebay about a year ago by the same seller as that ice cream cone. The description said it was made of bullets and paper mache, and measured 28 inches long.

It was being offered for $400. Not sure if the seller still has it or not. In any case, the seller does say he was at that prop sale -- maybe Mischa should drop him a line?