LA locations?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

LA locations?

Post by TheArm »

I live in LA and watching the "Secrets from Another Place" documentary made me want to seek some of the locations out from the show that were shot here in Southern California. I know that all of the Easter Park/Black Lake scenes were shot in Malibou Lake park, the Invitation to Love scenes were shot @ Ennis-Brown House in Griffith Park, and that the interiors were all shot in City Studios in Van Nuys, but does anybody know about any of the other places? The Haywards' house? The Johnsons'? Glastobury Grove? Wally's? That great path at the end of Ep 16 where Cooper and the guys take a stroll?

Just curious! Thanks in advance :)
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Charles from In Twin Peaks mentioned i belive that this summer he was going to complete his site with the remaining L.A. locations. Charles?

Does anyone know where they filmed the hospital interiors in episode 8?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

My cousin lives in Reseda, not far from Agoura, so I decided to take a little side trip to Malibou Lake and saw the gazebo and the lake that showed up so many times throughout the series (Donna and James talk about James' mom, the video of Maddy as "Laura," Dr. Jacoby is attacked, when Maddy says goodbye to James, Cooper & Annie's nature study, etc.); it looks exactly the same today as it does on the show! Next time I'm in the area I'll take a camera and get some shots to share, but it was neat to see it! The area is a bit more populated with houses than you would think, as it looks more "secluded" on the show, but I guess that's Hollywood magic for you. Having driven around the area for a few mins., I would also be willing to wager that Leo & Shelly's house is by that lake too, though I couldn't figure out which house and the lake is pretty big, but the setting looks about right. Anyway, for TP fans in So Cal, it's def. worth a stop if you're in the area (it's in Agoura Hills, off the 101) and it's a very pretty area. Now I need to find the other filming spots around here!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

were the diner locations shot on a set or in the actual diner in north bend?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Pilot and FWWM were location. All others were studio.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

ha! the diner is in FWWM? i totally forgot.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Pilot and FWWM were location. All others were studio.
Well, that's not completely true now is it. We're just not talking about how the Gazebo episodes where shot at Malibu Lake. :)

Pilot and FWWM were on location in Washington state. Some exterior shots that appear throughout the whole show were shot back when they filmed the pilot. Other outdoor stuff was shot on location around LA. Everything else was shot in studio.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:were the diner locations shot on a set or in the actual diner in north bend?
jlyon1515 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Pilot and FWWM were location. All others were studio.
Well, that's not completely true now is it. We're just not talking about how the Gazebo episodes where shot at Malibu Lake. :)

Pilot and FWWM were on location in Washington state. Some exterior shots that appear throughout the whole show were shot back when they filmed the pilot. Other outdoor stuff was shot on location around LA. Everything else was shot in studio.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify :)
Actually, i was just answering Brad D's question pertaining to the filming of the Double RR interior. I'm fairly sure we only see the real inside of the Mar-T cafe in the pilot and FWWM...
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

My bad. Apologies.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

when i visited the diner it had burned down and been completely re-done, but the general layout looked as if that's where it had been filmed. i suppose that's why i was confused on that front. thanks as always jerry.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

It's funny, coincidentally there was a big article in the LA Times the other day about Malibou Lake and how it's been featured in hundreds of films and TV shows. They're actually having an "event" there a week from this Sunday in case any SoCal TP fans wanna see the site (it's part of a private neighborhood so this is a rare chance to actually walk around it; I got frowns when I drove through it the other day without permission). Check out www.hollywoodescapes.com.

I'm gonna check out Coldwater Canyon Park too and see if I can't figure out where some of the woods scenes were shot. Maybe I'll start my own "In Twin Peaks" site for the California locales!
recordroomx

Post by recordroomx »

so did we ever figure out where the houses were?
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

i am actually moving close to where the palmer house was. i will find it!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Everyone go here and help Charles from In Twin Peaks find some elusive California locations!

http://www.moreintwinpeaks.com/search/l ... 0LOCATIONS
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

Jerry Horne wrote:Everyone go here and help Charles from In Twin Peaks find some elusive California locations!
Hey, Thanks again Jerry!

The Arm is correct. Leo and Shelly's house was located in the Malibou Lake neighborhood in
Agoura--only, I've heard it has since been razed to make way for a "finer" home.

It's also been mentioned that many woodsy scenes were, in fact, shot in Coldwater Canyon Park 'so that sounds like a good bet.

Damn, what I wouldn't do to be able to go on that walking tour! I hope I don't get shooed out of the neighborhood when I go there for intwinpeaks.com!