Gold Set Postcard Trading Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Gold Set Postcard Trading Thread

Post by vancurenw »

Hey All,
I thought maybe a thread for trading the new postcards might be helpful. I have two sets coming on Monday, and I will post any doubles that I have. Anyone have doubles they want to list for trade?
Will
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

You guys may want to come up with some standard procedures for mailing the postcards. Here are my suggestions...

1) Postcards should be placed in a small, clean envelope.
2) The envelope containing the postcards should then be sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard.
3) The cardboard sandwich should then be placed in a large envelope.
4) The phrase "DO NOT BEND" should appear prominently on the outside envelope.
5) Delivery confirmation should be purchased if shipping with USPS.
vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Post by vancurenw »

Alright, I have a few doubles for trade:
11: Log Lady at town hall meeting
15: Big Ed's Gas Farm exterior
35: Owl in a tree
36: Gordon Cole headshot
41: Roadhouse exterior with lightning strike
44: Albert waist up shot
45: Denise Bryson

I need 31 different cards, so if you have any doubles to trade, either post here or shoot me a message. Thanks!
Will
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

doubles I have-

25 -Laura in the dream
28 -the deerhead
31 -Leland "I'm back!"
34 -Maddy (sending this to Magician, though)
35 -the owl
37- Andy
48 -Dennis and Cooper
58 -the grove
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

vancurenw wrote:Alright, I have a few doubles for trade:
11: Log Lady at town hall meeting
15: Big Ed's Gas Farm exterior
35: Owl in a tree
36: Gordon Cole headshot
41: Roadhouse exterior with lightning strike
44: Albert waist up shot
45: Denise Bryson

I need 31 different cards, so if you have any doubles to trade, either post here or shoot me a message. Thanks!
Will
i am looking to get rid of a donna and a james. i will trade for absolutely anything else.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Here's the doubles I have:

Edit: Woo! I've managed to trade off all the doubles I currently have. I have two more sets of cards arriving next week, so I will probably have some more to trade. :)
Last edited by KahlanMnel on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's good to want things..."
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Amanda, is that you licking your Gold Box? Must be love.....
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Heh, yeah, it took me about twelve tries to get a picture where I was able to lick both the box set and the CD at the same time. It's a take-off from my MySpace page, where I posted a pic of myself licking the S2 set the day it came out. It started with the fact that when something is really cool I'll say "That's so awesome, I could lick it!" and one time someone called me on it and I had to lick the object I was praising. And it's just become this running gag ever since. I have a picture of me licking the One-Armed Man's Chinook (that's his truck, people. Dirty minds...) that I took at the fest this past year. :D
shemsha
Roadhouse Member

Post by shemsha »

Some I have and don't mind replacing are:
#4, #49, #5, #7

But I live in Israel so the postage cost will be a bit more than sending inside the US.

MSG me if you're interested
GreatWent

Post by GreatWent »

KahlanMnel wrote:Here's the doubles I have:

Edit: Woo! I've managed to trade off all the doubles I currently have. I have two more sets of cards arriving next week, so I will probably have some more to trade. :)
Where are you getting all these cards?? There are a few on eBay, but I don't know how to get them seperate from the DVDs otherwise.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

i guess no one is interested in my james and or donna.
either that or i am invisible on here.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

You're not invisible! I'd be totally interested in your James card...I'm just out of duplicates right now LOL. I have no doubts that my next two sets will give rise to at least 8 duplicates, if not a whole dozen of them. :) So don't despair!
GreatWent wrote:Where are you getting all these cards?? There are a few on eBay, but I don't know how to get them seperate from the DVDs otherwise.
I decided that I wasn't willing to let the cards rest in the hands of people who truly didn't give a crap, so I asked around at work to see if anyone wanted the box set but wasn't such a huge fan that they'd want the cards. And I found some takers! :) I highly recommend that method. I even managed to persuade one of my cousins to buy a box set earlier than he'd planned (I bribed him with $20 and a six pack). :P
GreatWent

Post by GreatWent »

I decided that I wasn't willing to let the cards rest in the hands of people who truly didn't give a crap, so I asked around at work to see if anyone wanted the box set but wasn't such a huge fan that they'd want the cards. And I found some takers! :) I highly recommend that method. I even managed to persuade one of my cousins to buy a box set earlier than he'd planned (I bribed him with $20 and a six pack). :P
Great ideas! I'm getting a set from a friend who is a librarian. She bought the DVDs for her library, and they were going to throw away the post cards. She actually went and rescued them from a wastebasket, so I almost missed out.
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

They were going to throw them out? Good lord, sacrilege! I'm glad you were able to get your hands on them. :)

I'm wondering if putting anything on Craigslist would help? I never use it, but I know people who have good fortune finding things on there all the time. Maybe if someone put a note out there saying they were looking to get postcard sets from people who only wanted the DVDs, there might be a nibble. Dunno.
Superted455

Post by Superted455 »

I am looking for An Audrey Card? If anyone has an extra Email me At Superted455@hotmail.com