Twin Peaks recap

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Twin Peaks recap

Post by MysteryMan »

Back in 1990/1991 when Twin Peaks first aired I remember seeing a quite long recap at the beginning of episode 8 (first episode of the second season), summing up everything that had happened in the first season. It was quite long too I think, lasting about 10 minutes! Does anyone know how to get hold of this recap or if it can be downloaded/viewed somewhere? I notice it has not been included on any of the DVD or VHS releases for that episode. Would love to see it again.....
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I don't recall that, though there was a similar recap for Season 2 when the show returned from its long hiatus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agcMGFGksD4
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

I was living in Norway at the time, was only 15 (a month or so away from my 16th birthday), but can remember it clearly... If I remember correctly Kyle MacLachlan was reading over the clips from earlier episodes just like in the youtube link. Curiously we never saw that recap in Norway, neither was the Next On Twin Peaks segments included. Only the Previously On Twin Peaks and this 10-minute recap at the beginning of episode 8 or 2.01
Last edited by MysteryMan on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

there was never a recap before or into the second season -there was a quick lead in with clips from the finale -Shelly in the mill, Leland smothering Jaques, Audrey being discovered, Cooper being shot -with the voice over, "and now the season premeire of Twin Peaks... next"

The second showing of season one's finale had a preview for the premiere that only featured the donuts on the table in the sheriff's conference room, and voice over of the Giant with the blurred vision of BOB walking towards the camera.

Also, episode 1.05 and 1.06 were pieced together into a two hour episode. There was the Alan Thicke hosted recap a few weeks before the premiere too.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

There definitely was a recap at the beginning of episode 8, I can remember it vividly. It was trying to tell us everything that had happened in the first season lasting about 10 minutes. It may not have been shown on American TV (I couldn't tell because I never lived there) but it was definitely included on the first Norwegian broadcast of that episode and I would guess in the rest of Europe as well.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I don't know then. but for the American premiere, there was not a ten minute recap, and then the long credits and then the long intro with Cooper being shot.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Audrey Horne wrote:The second showing of season one's finale had a preview for the premiere that only featured the donuts on the table in the sheriff's conference room, and voice over of the Giant with the blurred vision of BOB walking towards the camera.
That I remember vividly - it scared the bejesus out of me! I would love ot see it again.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

That was the best promo for the series hands down. I have it on VHS somewhere. I was really hoping it would be on the new box set...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks recap

Post by mavenickster »

Are the recaps of the episodes available somewhere to see/download?

Some years ago I recorded all the episoses from television (Italian) except the last three ones!!
So I have all the recaps but the last three ones.

Currently, Italian television is broadcasting the series again, but those idiots have decided not to broadcast the recaps of the last 10 episodes!! :(
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

I have all the recaps of the second season (Italian). I also have the long recap before the last episode. I wish I can post it on youtube as soon as i can.
Roomservice...
mavenickster
Roadhouse Member

Post by mavenickster »

piero wrote:I have all the recaps of the second season (Italian). I also have the long recap before the last episode. I wish I can post it on youtube as soon as i can.
Oh please, do it! :wink:
You can start with the last three ones which are the ones that I am missing. :)