17 years

Discussion of Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
worthit

17 years

Postby worthit » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:36 pm

November 17th 1990, Twin Peaks aired for the first time here in Norway. I was 11 years at the time and after I had watched 2-3 episodes, I said to myself that one day I'm gonna buy the whole thing so I can watch it whenever I want. In 1998, after 8 years of searching, I finally found it on VHS. I had to import it from Australia and I paid 2.500 NOK (about $450). It was insanely expensive, I know. But it didn't matter to me. It was worth it after 8 long years. By that time, I had seen the whole series 3-4 times on TV too, but I still wanted to own it.

In 2001, 3 years later, the first season was finally released on R1 DVD. I bought it ofc instantly only to find that the pilot was missing. One year later, in 2002, it was released on R2 DVD with the pilot, so I bought that one instead. But I still needed the second season to make my life's goal complete.

After five years of silence, the second season was finally released in 2007. I bought this one only on R2 DVD and realised the log lady introductions was missing on the first half of the season. I was thinking about buying it on R1 too, but since I heard rumors (thanks to dugpa.com) about the gold box, I thought it was best to wait and see.

Six months later the gold box was finally released on R1. But since I apparently live on the wrong side of the Atlantic Ocean, I had to wait one more month before it's released on R2. The release date was finally given and everywhere I look it says November 28th, 2007. Which brings me to my point...there's three more days of waiting. I have been waiting for 17 years and 9 days now. Three more days...and then an almost life-long waiting time will be over. That must be the biggest waiting room in the history of movie releases. I have used 17 years of my 28-year life waiting for Twin Peaks.

Like LMFAP says: This is the waiting room. Indeed it is...indeed it is.

Thank you for your time. I just had to share my story

Return to “Twin Peaks”