Kyle McLaughlin as Ray Manzanec {spelling?} in 'The Doors'

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

human germ
Roadhouse Member

Kyle McLaughlin as Ray Manzanec {spelling?} in 'The Doors'

Post by human germ »

what a pleasant suprise to see him in this role. lol, i couldn't miss that strong chin in profile. to be sure, he looked funny to me with long-ish light colored hair; he also smoked a lot.
i enjoyed this movie [ on a dvd rented from netflix] and it was facinating to see Kyle in such an unlike agent cooper role.
i know that Kyle played a pivotal role in 'Dune', but i have to say that i just didn't care for that movie at all, except for the huge worms.
done bun; can't be undone
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Actually is Manzarec.The movie wasn't very good and i don't like 'The Doors' either.
human germ
Roadhouse Member

Post by human germ »

yeah, i figured that i had the name a tad wrong...this is typical of me when it comes to names. i generally have a very poor recall for them.

i wasn't too wild about the movie itself, either. it was hard to follow at times. it pretty much dealt with a very decadant/debauched lifestyle, and offered little more beyond that. what made it somewhat more bearable was seeing Kyle in the role of keyboardist. but having always been a fan of the doors, i did like hearing its soundtrack.
D0ppelgangerDale
Roadhouse Member

Post by D0ppelgangerDale »

Funny, I just watched this movie for the first time about a week ago. I immediately recognized MacLachlan as well. His character kind of disappeared during the second half of the film, unfortunately.

The film itself was interesting, but I am disappointed that I didn't gain more insight into the inner workings of Morrison. Oh well. I like the music, so I ordered the Doors Collection DVD yesterday.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Since we're on the subject of spelling, Kyle MacLachlan played Ray Manzarek. And that concludes the classes for today. :P
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
human germ
Roadhouse Member

Post by human germ »

lol, seems i messed up with the proper spelling of both names here.*blushes*
geez, what a prize i am. seems the older i get, the more i fail in this area, lol.
thanks for the correction.
speaking of the doors music collection, damn, that sounds sweet indeed! enjoy!