Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by Brad D »

Interesting point Jer, there is a lot if grey area between his standards on releases. They went above and beyond for Blue Velvet, so hopefully it carries over here.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

After all this time, the FWWM scenes have to be this set's biggest selling point. So I'm surprised we haven't heard anything concrete.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Jerry Horne wrote:3/25/14 rumored release date as reported by The Digital Bits.
Given the Facebook page they sourced (always totally reliable) used the fake boxset art (editing out the credit) thats featured on WTTPs news post i'd say they were Digital Bits source, so it all rounds back to WTTP posting news that's nowhere else with questionable conclusions.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yep. All dubious to me at this point.

Let's hope for an official announcement soon.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I appreciate WTTP fervently celebrating the show, but time and again its been a bunch of carnival barking. There's a fine line between recognizing rumors to an audience and completely blowing smoke.
neverwakingworld
Roadhouse Member

Post by neverwakingworld »

This is I will admit very unlikely and information to the contrary might be out there but the WTTP article says Fox/Paramaunt are releasing it in Scandanavian countries either they are imply a US release as well or someone else is doing the US release. It probably is a coincidence but Criterion seems to be creating a Lynch stock pile. With streaming eraserhead and the hinted Muholland Drive blu ray could they be releasing Twin Peaks? With tv such as Mad Men and Breaking Bad getting so much critical hype maybe Twin Peaks would be a good place for them to start branching out into tv. Don't criticize too much I know it's mostly hope holding all those things together.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Confused...is the release confirmed but the content isn't...or is the release AND content unconfirmed???
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

rocketsan22 wrote:Confused...is the release confirmed but the content isn't...or is the release AND content unconfirmed???
I don't think anything has officially been announced (yet?)

But a few people "in the know" have stated that it is coming.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

If the rumors of a March 2014 release are true, we'll definitely get some kind of press release (or more concrete information) in the next month, before the year ends.

I have zero inside information, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to arrive in late 2014 (closer to the holidays, and closer to the actual 25-year anniversary of the series airing). I'm thinking 2014 because "25th anniversary editions" are a thing they tend to do for re-issues, and not so much because Laura Palmer mentioned it to Cooper in an episode. That would certainly be a neat idea, and it would make the fans smile for a few minutes, but what other advantage would there be to try and coordinate a big Blu-ray release for that very month/year? Ya know?

I imagine the people at CBS have more pressing reasons for when they put these releases on the schedule than Laura's "I'll see you again in 25 years" message. UNLESS Lynch were actually going to film something new for the BluRay to go along with that Red Room scene, but I don't see that happening. Just a thought.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

And wouldn't the logic of twenty five years still be 2015 regardless if you think the show takes place in 89 or 90? Meaning to keep that message in tact, and something came out literally twenty five years later, it would be when she said it to a television audience.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I like the idea of keeping with the show time. Plus we can always celebrate twice, once on the show timeline and once on the alternate timeline as after all it is "Twin" Peaks. :)
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

true, true -but when I kept hearing about people celebrating the 25th anniversary next year, to me it's like if people celebrated the 100th Anniversary of Gone With The Wind in 1965 because the film takes place in 1865.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

From my perspective it's a cool little way to merge the series timeline with our own.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Oh, I know... I was just being difficult.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Audrey Horne wrote:Oh, I know... I was just being difficult.
And that is why you are Audrey Horne and is also why we love you. :)