Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

Discussion of Twin Peaks TV Series, Fire Walk With Me, and Books

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Forum rules
Welcome to the forum. We know our members are passionate about their love for all things Twin Peaks. You wouldn't be here if that wasn't the case. Despite having differing viewpoints it is a policy that we all treat each other with mutual respect.

Posting abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated, or any material that may violate any laws be it of your country or the country where this forum is hosted will get you permanently banned.

Posting of spoilers are allowed as long as you indicate (Spoilers) in the topic name and use the Spoiler Tag.
Neosmith
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Neosmith » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 pm

Gabriel wrote:
kafard wrote:...the U.S.A in 1989-90 was not ready for a Tv show like Twin Peaks that is why it has been canceled.
In europe we were more open-minded for more seasons and this is why the movie has been done, because the european understood it better ... they want to know more about Twin Peaks at this period of time.

I think, had Twin Peaks been a more recent HBO show, it would comfortably have run 10-12 episodes a season for seven years. The reason the first season did so well was, in part, down to the tightly-focused eight-ish episodes (seven episodes and a film.) I feel the show struggled with the demands of 22-26 episode seasons.

Oh, for sure. Though I think 5 seasons is the likelier number.

22 episodes easily leads serials to creative burnout and interminable storytelling. 12-13 hours per year would've been a much better deal.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Ross » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:19 pm

curzon wrote:That's exactly the point. Why don't they confirm anything? The deleted scenes would be the major selling point to promote the complete box. But nothing. Cause they won't add???

I think they're still working on the set, and just don't have all the extras confirmed yet. So they haven't officially announced anything. But I'm sure when they do make an official announcement, the deleted scenes (if included) will be promoted as a major selling point. If they went to the trouble of getting them on the set, they know how important they are, and will promote them as such. We just have to wait a little longer....
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
curzon
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 12:44 am
Location: Germany

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby curzon » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:40 pm

Ross wrote:
curzon wrote:That's exactly the point. Why don't they confirm anything? The deleted scenes would be the major selling point to promote the complete box. But nothing. Cause they won't add???

I think they're still working on the set, and just don't have all the extras confirmed yet. So they haven't officially announced anything. But I'm sure when they do make an official announcement, the deleted scenes (if included) will be promoted as a major selling point. If they went to the trouble of getting them on the set, they know how important they are, and will promote them as such. We just have to wait a little longer....


I hope you're right
User avatar
Dustin DeWinn
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Dustin DeWinn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Not to sounds like an ungrateful bastard, but let's say they secure 50% of the deleted scenes, or hell, all but one of them. That wouldn't be enough.

I used to work at a cafe in one of the most affluent towns in the country, and I dealt with some of the most elitist, entitled, immature, impolite pieces of garbage who thought the world owed them everything. When I say this, I am channeling them:

IF I DONT GET EXACTLY WHAT I WANT I WILL NEVER WATCH ANOTHER DAVID LYNCH MOVIE AGAIN! I AM VERY HANDSOME AND VERY IMPORTANT AND I AM INCENSED THAT THEY WONT GIVE ME WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT IT BECAUSE, WELL, LOOK AT ME! IS ANYONE LISTENING?! I WANT THOSE DELETED SCENES, AND I WANT THEM NOW, AND IF WE DONT GET EVERY SINGLE LAST DROP OF THEM, THEN MY LIFE IS...IS...ILL JUST SUE YOU TO OBLIVION!!!
Image
User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby dugpa » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:57 pm

People will complain regardless.

I remember when the Gold Box came out and some of the comments that flew around. Totally unnecessary and embarrassing to be honest. Especially after they released the Gold Box which was much better than I could have ever expected.

The Gold Box was and still is one of the best DVD box sets I own. They knocked it out of the park in my book.

Stay positive folks. I'm certain that something both wonderful and strange is in store for us.
User avatar
kafard
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:14 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby kafard » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 am

Gabriel wrote:Or, if Laura is to be referenced, maybe Sheryl Lee can play an amnesiac woman found walking across a bridge who thinks she might be Laura Palmer, days after Laura's grave is desecrated...


Mulholland Peaks, Twin Drive :-D ?

I see what you mean... Twin Peaks is still opened to many stories to tell. ;-)
A french little guy named : Dam.
User avatar
Dustin DeWinn
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Dustin DeWinn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:43 pm

kafard wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Or, if Laura is to be referenced, maybe Sheryl Lee can play an amnesiac woman found walking across a bridge who thinks she might be Laura Palmer, days after Laura's grave is desecrated...


Mulholland Peaks, Twin Drive :-D ?

I see what you mean... Twin Peaks is still opened to many stories to tell. ;-)


Or John Merrick driving across the country on his lawnmower to meet the man who kidnapped the son of a singer who is trying to become an actress who has a mental breakdown.
Image
User avatar
kafard
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:14 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby kafard » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:32 am

Dustin DeWinn wrote:
kafard wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Or, if Laura is to be referenced, maybe Sheryl Lee can play an amnesiac woman found walking across a bridge who thinks she might be Laura Palmer, days after Laura's grave is desecrated...


Mulholland Peaks, Twin Drive :-D ?

I see what you mean... Twin Peaks is still opened to many stories to tell. ;-)


Or John Merrick driving across the country on his lawnmower to meet the man who kidnapped the son of a singer who is trying to become an actress who has a mental breakdown.


And everybody is sick and live on a desert planet full of highways created by worms.
A french little guy named : Dam.
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Jerry Horne » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:52 am

Amazon UK cancelled my order and said the item was discontinued.
User avatar
MysteryMan
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:52 am

Got this email from amazon today:

"Hello,

Regarding your Amazon.co.uk order 204-5816583-3225929 which included the following:

------------------------------------------------------

B00H9BFV98

Twin Peaks: Collection [Blu-ray]

------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, we’ve had to cancel this item from your order as this item has been discontinued. You haven't been charged for this item.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk"

Does this mean the whole release has been cancelled now or put on ice?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
User avatar
Gabriel
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Gabriel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:14 am

The UK has never seen HD marketed properly and most people don't understand what Blu-ray is. It's deeply frustrating as we often get shafted with DVD-only releases.

I had a feeling TP would be messed around. I have the Gold DVD set on import from the US because they took so long to release it here. Sadly, I think this will have to be an import. Then, as usual, the UK division will claim there's not enough demand for Blu-ray, because everyone who wanted it already spent a fortune importing it.

I mean, if you're a fan of the likes of David Suchet's Poirot or Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes, you have to import them from Spain. It's amazing that there's apparently a demand for British Blu-rays in non-English-speaking territories, yet they claim there's no demand here!
User avatar
Dustin DeWinn
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Dustin DeWinn » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:48 pm

Gabriel wrote:The UK has never seen HD marketed properly and most people don't understand what Blu-ray is. It's deeply frustrating as we often get shafted with DVD-only releases.

I had a feeling TP would be messed around. I have the Gold DVD set on import from the US because they took so long to release it here. Sadly, I think this will have to be an import. Then, as usual, the UK division will claim there's not enough demand for Blu-ray, because everyone who wanted it already spent a fortune importing it.

I mean, if you're a fan of the likes of David Suchet's Poirot or Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes, you have to import them from Spain. It's amazing that there's apparently a demand for British Blu-rays in non-English-speaking territories, yet they claim there's no demand here!


I think it justifies torrenting and pirating in a way. I've had several experiences where foreign releases of songs (bonus tracks, etc) were not available here in the States, so even when I went to legitimately buy it, I couldn't. Torrenting was the only way I could obtain it. It's like, "Dudes, I will pay you for this content" and they still don't want to give it to me.

I don't understand that business model or the legality behind it.
Image
User avatar
Gabriel
Posts: 787
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby Gabriel » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:21 am

Dustin DeWinn wrote:I think it justifies torrenting and pirating in a way. I've had several experiences where foreign releases of songs (bonus tracks, etc) were not available here in the States, so even when I went to legitimately buy it, I couldn't. Torrenting was the only way I could obtain it. It's like, "Dudes, I will pay you for this content" and they still don't want to give it to me.

I don't understand that business model or the legality behind it.


One example was the soundtrack CD for Ghost in the Shell SAC: Solid State Society. Having collected all four of the other CDs from the series, I couldn't get the SSS soundtrack because it was included with the US DVD release of the film, but not the UK one. I replaced my hooky copy as soon as it showed up on iTunes, which I always do on principle, but I had been left with little choice. I wish I had the CD though!

The fact the UK dropped the import VAT cutoff from £20 to £15 makes importing much more expensive doesn't help either. When I bought Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome on Amazon.com, it was just below £15. By the time it got here nearly a month later, with changing exchange rates, it was £15.13. I got charged £3.04 VAT and £8 holding charge by the post office, meaning it almost doubled the price.

And they wonder why people download!!!
User avatar
MysteryMan
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Just found out Paramount Australia is set to release Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Limited Edition) on April 30th 2014. Only 1700 copies and just the series, not the movie. Doesn't bode well... :(
The next time you see me it won't be me...
User avatar
GeekBoyEric74
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Postby GeekBoyEric74 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:25 pm

MysteryMan wrote:Just found out Paramount Australia is set to release Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Limited Edition) on April 30th 2014. Only 1700 copies and just the series, not the movie. Doesn't bode well... :(


Wasn't FWWM already released on Blu-ray in Australia though? There could be a pre-existing licensing deal there that precludes it being included in that territory. It was never released on Blu in the states.

Return to “Twin Peaks Movie, TV, Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bowisneski, Mr. Reindeer and 19 guests