Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by MysteryMan »

kafard wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:I notice Amazon France has just put the blu ray up on their site..........
......I assume Amazon UK and Amazon US will follow shortly with pre-orders too...
In fact, no.

It seems fairer than the boxset comes first in France and then, in few months, in the USA and England etc.

It is about copyrights's "problem", as the film will be included in the box (with or not the deleted scenes) and that the movie was never released in the USA on blu-ray, it would be strange, like it was the case with the first date, to see them appear on amazon.com or co.uk.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense....
The next time you see me it won't be me...
kafard
RR Diner Member

Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by kafard »

MysteryMan wrote:
kafard wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:I notice Amazon France has just put the blu ray up on their site..........
......I assume Amazon UK and Amazon US will follow shortly with pre-orders too...
In fact, no.

It seems fairer than the boxset comes first in France and then, in few months, in the USA and England etc.

It is about copyrights's "problem", as the film will be included in the box (with or not the deleted scenes) and that the movie was never released in the USA on blu-ray, it would be strange, like it was the case with the first date, to see them appear on amazon.com or co.uk.
Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense....
Why?

Do you already have the movie released in USA on blu-ray and in UK did they have the same transfert than the one which was released in France by MK2 (I don't talk about iTunes or Amazon vod or Netflix) ?

Which company is gonna sell the rights for release it in USA and UK ?

Which company owns the rights of the serie AND of the movie in USA or UK?

(I left the blank between the questions, feel free to fill them :-D)
A french little guy named : Dam.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by kafard »

dale_coop wrote:Thank you kafard for the news and links :)
Did you preordered ? I hope the box will include all the extras if the US box (I don't want to buy the too boxes :S)
Yes. I did. But not at the FNAC but on amazon.
And, if I'm unhappy with the french edition (i have a doubt about that...) I will buy, and it will just be for the extras (if there is good ones) the US one.
You will need to have a free, or zone A, blu-rays player ;-)
Last edited by kafard on Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

And it will be not the 11 June :-D
Mastershake
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mastershake »

kafard wrote:
Mastershake wrote:Until it's official it's worthless gossip.
So because many people have made rumors (or gossip thing) you do not believe it ...
For you, how the thing can become official?
Well I don't know, ever heard of a press release? That will confirm both date and content? Release date before confirmation is something shops put to check interest in upcoming release so date is almost always wrong. Starcraft 2 had like 20 release dates on sites like amazon.
Mastershake
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mastershake »

Lynchland wrote:It sounds quite strange and/or funny to me that one can have named "rumor" one quote I've shared from "the horse's mouth" on http://www.fb.com/Lynchland (i.e. the owner of MK2 video department)...
Sorry, no one reads your facebook :(
Lynchland

Post by Lynchland »

Mastershake wrote:
Lynchland wrote:It sounds quite strange and/or funny to me that one can have named "rumor" one quote I've shared from "the horse's mouth" on http://www.fb.com/Lynchland (i.e. the owner of MK2 video department)...
Sorry, no one reads your facebook :(
I don't have always the time to double post my news on Lynchland and here. "no one reads your facebook" though ? Uh, you should come and check this :)
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

Mastershake wrote:
kafard wrote:
Mastershake wrote:Until it's official it's worthless gossip.
So because many people have made rumors (or gossip thing) you do not believe it ...
For you, how the thing can become official?
Well I don't know, ever heard of a press release? That will confirm both date and content? Release date before confirmation is something shops put to check interest in upcoming release so date is almost always wrong. Starcraft 2 had like 20 release dates on sites like amazon.
You know that nowdays the press is on internet? :-D
dale_coop
Roadhouse Member

Post by dale_coop »

Yes, 25 years after, a lot of things changed, guys! Nowadays Internet is the main place for fresh (and official) news !
We aren't youngs guys anymore :p

++
dale_coop
"A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee"
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Looks like Amazon France has taken the release off their site again...
The next time you see me it won't be me...
kafard
RR Diner Member

Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by kafard »

MysteryMan wrote:Looks like Amazon France has taken the release off their site again...
Yep. Like I wrote it to Lynchland/Roland : "....when we talk about Twin Peaks (The movie like the Serie) on dvds there is nothing of sure."

And, we know it very well in France about Twin Peaks in DVDs because it last 6 years before the release has been done ; we can still hope that it will be faster with the Blu-Ray edition :-D
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

So is there any official word on this or not? I'm beginning to think that this isn't coming to fruition...
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Post by fearltd »

rocketsan22 wrote:I'd bet the farm FWWM is not included. My guess is it'll be released as a separate entity if at all.
rocketsan22 wrote:Will believe any and all when I see it.
rocketsan22 wrote:Until this set is in my hands, I won't believe it's coming :)
rocketsan22 wrote:So is there any official word on this or not? I'm beginning to think that this isn't coming to fruition...
Can you be a little less encouraging? You're really getting our hopes up too much.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

fearltd wrote:
rocketsan22 wrote:I'd bet the farm FWWM is not included. My guess is it'll be released as a separate entity if at all.
rocketsan22 wrote:Will believe any and all when I see it.
rocketsan22 wrote:Until this set is in my hands, I won't believe it's coming :)
rocketsan22 wrote:So is there any official word on this or not? I'm beginning to think that this isn't coming to fruition...
Can you be a little less encouraging? You're really getting our hopes up too much.
Been disappointed way too many times by this franchise and its handlers...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

image.jpg
image.jpg (175.2 KiB) Viewed 11685 times