Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote: Thanks Sam! Very much appreciated.
You're very welcome. I'm a big fan of the work you did for the soundtrack :)
If someday you feel like doing your own design for the Blu ray set, please show it to us
Ross wrote:I have to say I'm not a fan of the cover art at all. It makes Laura look kind of like a zombie. Oh well...
Exactly, I was expecting something like the cover art for Artisan's Season 1 DVD set. That really blew me away.
Since CBS/Paramount got their hands on TP, the art just doesn't look good to me.
I can see they're trying but it's just not good. The Gold Box was beyond tacky in my opinion lol
Neosmith wrote:I'm thinking the rationale behind the art was that Laura has missing pieces.
Yeah, I can see they were playing with that idea, but it doesn't look so good to me :?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I will make a tasteful slip cover for mine. Naturally with Cooper and Audrey in the diner.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

YOU'VE GOT GOOD NEWS! THE FACE OF THAT TAPE...IT HAS BEEN DISCLOSED...AND IT'S COMING BACK IN STYLE.
I'd also like to share everyone's joy and complete happiness about this event. As everybody of you I was waiting for this a very long time, in my case since 2000 when I came across maybe the first petition in the internet. I also would like to thank all the people, who got it done and every TWIN PEAKS fan, who with their thoughts and deeds generated karma to make this amazing release of the deleted scenes happen.

I think, it was 2007 when I watched TWIN PEAKS last time. I've never even watched the Gold Box edition, although I bought it after it had been released. Amazingly... Somehow I took a vow not to watch TWIN PEAKS again until the deleted scenes see the light of day. At that time I felt, that I needed to watch the series and the movie again with completely new eyes. TWIN PEAKS has been always sacred to me and I realised, that I shouldn't see it too often not to blur those emotions it awakens. Since then I kept contemplating some ideas, which came to my mind, because the dialogues and images were still vivid. But I didn't venture to rewatch it.

I can't express, what a sense of bliss I feel now. TWIN PEAKS made an everlasting impact on me. Maybe partly because I watched it at a very young age. Because of TWIN PEAKS I developed my interest in art, especially in surrealism, in music - I like the music of David Bowie very much. And in time I started doing music myself realising my passion for early music taking up lute and harpsichord. I even started doing religious studies and learning Tibetan. It's stunning, how many things TWIN PEAKS has, which can echo in you. I'm sure, many people here understand it completely.
I hope, that would be really a region free release, because I'm from Russia and my player supports only Russian and region free discs.

When I first watched TWIN PEAKS FIRE WALK WITH ME I was rather disappointed. My guess, why FWWM flopped, is not, that it was a concentrated product, where too much Lynch was stored, but because most of the people anticipated a straightforward sequel, not a prequel. That's why after watching it they seemed to be frustrated and thought, that Lynch had just exploited the old imagery of the series to make him easily a name again. That of course wasn't the case. To some extend I still agree with Mark Frost, that the movie deprived Laura of her initial mystery by showing her character in flesh and blood. But the movie WAS a true masterpiece just like the series. In this sense it was a justified sacrifice.
Again I would like to thank you all and congratulate on this unforgettable great event! While you see the deleted material I wish you all to get a huge garmonbozia portion.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Audrey Horne wrote:I will make a tasteful slip cover for mine. Naturally with Cooper and Audrey in the diner.
Would love to see that Audrey :)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:I will make a tasteful slip cover for mine. Naturally with Cooper and Audrey in the diner.
Would love to see that Audrey :)
Speaking of that, I used one of these for my Twin Peaks Archive Extra (mixes) collection:
Attachments
000 Twin Peaks Archive Extra.jpg
000 Twin Peaks Archive Extra.jpg (377.64 KiB) Viewed 9643 times
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Now that it's official I can exhale :) I think what's most exciting is that 22+ years ago, in the early days of the still text based internet, I remember printing the FWWM script on an old dot matrix printer at school. This has been such a long time coming. I think where it was most evident want in the Sheriff Cable bending steel footage...it's just how I imagined it...
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

It's been a while since I last posted, my friends, but these are such excellent news, like a dream come true, I just needed to say something... :D I keep visiting Dugpa from time to time, but I miss being in the mood of talking about Peaks on a daily basis like in my Gazette days... Maybe these Blurays and the deleted scenes will be the excuse I need... :D

This summer is gonna be a hell of a ride, we fans truly deserve it... Now excuse me, I'm gonna watch that teaser again, I still can't believe it!! Where's my axe?? I'm hungry!! :D
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I just had to pop in to express my joy at all of this.

I have watched the preview video about 15 times and it's still overwhelming.

I remember buying the FWWM script at the San Diego Comic Con (back when they had comics) when I was 14. I read that thing 100 times and never dreamed I would actually see all of those moments that I've imagined for over 20 years.

Thanks to Dugpa for his tireless efforts to make this happen.

And for what it's worth, I love the cover art.

Oh yeah... if one of the new deleted scenes from the series is Cooper in the cemetary, I just might lose my mind with happiness.
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

Do we have any info about what the TP deleted scenes will be?
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

With almost 90 minutes of deleted scenes/extended scenes and judging from the trailer I believe we will get nearly all the deleted scenes from the script, as well as at least two unscripted scenes (the one with Norma and Ed in the car and the one with Josie, Pete and Dell at the mill). Does anyone know if there are any scenes from the script that will not be included (except for the ones with Ben Horne which I know weren't shot)?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I think what Montana is asking is about the new deleted scenes from the series... I'm not sure if there's any info about them, I'd like to know too...
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Gordon wrote:I think what Montana is asking is about the new deleted scenes from the series... I'm not sure if there's any info about them, I'd like to know too...
I'm not sure but... the Gold Box had those 4 deleted scenes from the series that were from a found videotape of outtakes, I believe. That video source also included a few other deleted scenes that (for some reason) didn't get included on the Gold Box. One of them was Norma picking up Shelly at her house for work and talking about the Bobby-Ed fight at the Roadhouse. Another was a scene of Leland and Ben Horne making funeral arrangements for Laura in Ben's office. There was a short scene of Pete serving food to Josie and Sheriff Truman. And a scene of Ed and his assistant, Sparky, looking at the exercise machine that Nadine destroyed.

So maybe they decided to include those additional scenes or -- even better -- maybe more deleted scenes from the TV series have been discovered in the last few years.
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Would love to see some of the deleted scenes from season 2 as well :)

Having skimread the scripts from season 2 there are plenty of possible deleted scenes to choose from, not sure if they were all filmed though...
The next time you see me it won't be me...
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

How do you think, what are the chances, that we'll see the extended scene above the convenience store? About most of the scenes seen in the trailer I was
quite sure, that they do exist. But not about this one. It would be nice to hear you opinions.
I'm also quite sure, that the unscripted scene, where BOB feeds LMFAP, was shot and will be included in the release. And maybe some additional scene with the monkey too.
Did anybody notice, that Annie is dressed not in a dress, which she wore at Miss Twin Peaks? According to the series finale she should wear not the dress of Caroline, but the dress from Miss Twin Peaks contest.
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

Gordon wrote:I think what Montana is asking is about the new deleted scenes from the series.
Yep, that's it. I know more about the FWWM lost scenes than the TP lost scenes. I would be really happy to get the Gold Box scenes plus those new ones that were just mentioned. In a way, it will be sad as well as happy, because that will be the last chance to see new material from FWWM/TP. Personally, although I wish it had carried on longer (or alternatively to have the 2 more TP movies that were thought about), I wouldn't want to see it revived now. The show WAS the characters/actors and I wouldn't want to have the illusion broken by seeing some of them now and others being absent. The Entire Mystery will be a way of celebrating what they all achieved and putting a full stop at the end.