Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gordon »

Nemo makes an excellent point... Why is Annie wearing Caroline's dress OUTSIDE the Lodge? In Laura's dream it makes sense that she wears it, but in reality.... :shock: I'm not sure what Coop wears when he exits the Lodge and Harry finds him... He loses his coat when he enters, but when he leaves? Is this related to Briggs dressed as a pilot? :shock:
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Montana wrote:Do we have any info about what the TP deleted scenes will be?
I've been wondering this too mainly because it says they're in HD. If they used the same tape the Gold deleted scenes were from they could get a few extra deleted scenes and outtakes but there's no way they can make that tape pass for HD quality. Maybe they've just upscaled and labeled it HD though. There's always a slim chance they found the original elements though like the Log Lady intros. I wonder if they utilized any of Jerry's findings from the archive, the rough cut episodes and the Invitation to Love segments.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

nemo wrote:Did anybody notice, that Annie is dressed not in a dress, which she wore at Miss Twin Peaks? According to the series finale she should wear not the dress of Caroline, but the dress from Miss Twin Peaks contest.
Gordon wrote:Nemo makes an excellent point... Why is Annie wearing Caroline's dress OUTSIDE the Lodge? In Laura's dream it makes sense that she wears it, but in reality.... :shock: I'm not sure what Coop wears when he exits the Lodge and Harry finds him... He loses his coat when he enters, but when he leaves? Is this related to Briggs dressed as a pilot? :shock:
This was the first thing I noticed as well!! I mentioned it on Twitter. It always made sense that she had on Caroline's dress in Laura's dream, as she did wear it in the Lodge as she layed bloody next to Cooper. But in the real world? We already saw her outside of the lodge back in her own dress- so why the change? Continuity or deliberate?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Question for Dugpa:

I was rereading your article on the deleted FWWM scenes, and noticed that it now says the following 3 scenes were not filmed:

Nadine & Ed & the deer
Ed & Pete
Truman sings to Josie

Just wondering if you recently confirmed that these weren't filmed, as I hadn't heard that before. Thanks!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:Confirmed
Thanks Dugpa- I guess you recently found this out while helping with the new release?

So it seems as if all was shot except these three scenes and the Ben/Johnny Horne stuff(?)
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Does this mean that all the other deleted scenes from the script will be on the Blu Ray?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

MysteryMan wrote:Does this mean that all the other deleted scenes from the script will be on the Blu Ray?
Dugpa might know the answer to this. Originally (for the DVD release), Lynch was going to hand pick a bunch of scenes, but it does seem like now it may be everything that was shot. 90 minutes is a lot, and most of the major scenes in the script are represented in the trailer. We might not get all the little scene extensions that were trimmed, but it is looking like we will see a majority of what was cut.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Ross wrote:Question for Dugpa:

I was rereading your article on the deleted FWWM scenes, and noticed that it now says the following 3 scenes were not filmed:

Nadine & Ed & the deer
Ed & Pete
Truman sings to Josie

Just wondering if you recently confirmed that these weren't filmed, as I hadn't heard that before. Thanks!
I wonder if they filmed alternates to some of those scenes, but with those actors, since we know they came back? I always wondered why there was a scene of Josie and Truman, instead of the meeting between Laura and Josie where Laura says "I think I understand now how you feel about your husband's death"-that would have been the more logical thing to film IMO.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:
Ross wrote:Question for Dugpa:

Nadine & Ed & the deer
Ed & Pete
Truman sings to Josie

I wonder if they filmed alternates to some of those scenes, but with those actors, since we know they came back? I always wondered why there was a scene of Josie and Truman, instead of the meeting between Laura and Josie where Laura says "I think I understand now how you feel about your husband's death"-that would have been the more logical thing to film IMO.
I wonder this as well. Surprised to hear the only scene with Josie &/or Pete filmed was the unscripted one. And that means Nadine filmed only one tiny appearance as well. Unless there are a few surprises.
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

Talking about Annie's dress I think, that Lynch and other people who worked on the film had a rather free approach in some scenes. For example in the film we can see Ronette Pulaski falling out of the train car with a wounded mouth, BUT in the series her mouth isn't wounded. Anyway she couldn't wipe the blood herself being in such state she was. The scene in the train car was also completely different including even BOB's look - he doesn't wear a denim jacket in the series, but a denim waistcoat. I also wonder, how Andy and Windom Earle managed to make a copy of the map in the Owl Cave in exactly same way from the original, which looked different. I think, these are details, which should be taken for granted.

Besides I'd like to express my concern about 90 min. length of the deleted scenes. From Blu-ray description follows, that we're going to see NOT ONLY a series of single deleted scenes, but also extended scenes. So the actual running time of never seen material can be less than expected. I hope, this won't happen. I WANT ALL MY GARMONBOZIA.
What do you think?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

nemo wrote:From Blu-ray description follows, that we're going to see NOT ONLY a series of single deleted scenes, but also extended scenes. So the actual running time of never seen material can be less than expected. I hope, this won't happen. I WANT ALL MY GARMONBOZIA.
What do you think?
Interesting question.

On the one hand, I'd like to see, for instance, an extended above-the-convenience-store scene that integrates the feature film scene with the deleted elements. Seeing the deleted elements of that scene alone (provided that we'll see them at all) might not work so well. So it will be great if that's an extended scene.

On the other hand, I do wonder how having a significant portion of the feature film material mixed in with the deleted stuff might impact what percentage of the 90 (or so) minutes is truly unseen.

Nevertheless, either way I think it's still going to be phenomenal.
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

Does anyone know if there is a difference in runtime between different country releases?

amazon UK states a run time of 1410 minutes: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H ... UTF8&psc=1
while amazon US gives a run time of 1636 minutes: http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Entire ... twin+peaks

So I wonder where this difference comes from, and if there are actually different contents on the discs.

Also, the set is not yet listed on the German amazon website. Not sure if a German release is actually planned. This might be related to distribution rights for FWWM. Anyone?
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

nemo wrote:
Besides I'd like to express my concern about 90 min. length of the deleted scenes. From Blu-ray description follows, that we're going to see NOT ONLY a series of single deleted scenes, but also extended scenes. So the actual running time of never seen material can be less than expected.
Yikes! That is not such good news. If the 90min consists of deleted scenes and extended scenes in their entirety then we'll not have that much new material. I don't know how extended scenes are usually presented in DVD extras. Do they show the whole scene start to finish or do they just show the end of the scene as broadcast and add the extended material? If the former we could have as little as 45-60min new material (or less).

I hope that this is all of the usable missing scenes. I wouldn't be very happy if they dug up 30min more for a future The Entire Mystery: Gold Edition.....
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

tausendsassa wrote:Does anyone know if there is a difference in runtime between different country releases?

amazon UK states a run time of 1410 minutes: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00H ... UTF8&psc=1
while amazon US gives a run time of 1636 minutes: http://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Entire ... twin+peaks
I assume some of that is PAL speed-up difference but my maths isn't great and that 226min difference looks a heck of a lot more than 4% (?) PAL shortening..... :(