Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

guildnavigator
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by guildnavigator »

Jerry Horne wrote:Amazing!!

Awesome! This must be the scene mentioned in the old Al Strobel interview!!
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

guildnavigator wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Amazing!!
<br abp="717"><br abp="718"><br abp="719">Awesome! This must be the scene mentioned in the old Al Strobel interview!!
It is indeed. The scene reads as follows in the script:

141. INT. MOTEL ROOM - DAY

PHILIP GERARD, the one armed man, in a deep sweat kneels in front of a circle of twelve lit candles, fighting for air and struggling to hear something.
The next time you see me it won't be me...
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

I'm a bit curious, where do these screenshots come from :?: :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

nemo wrote:I'm a bit curious, where do these screenshots come from :?: :)
http://andthemissingpieces.tumblr.com/#
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

I see, thank you!
G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Post by G42.2 »

All this is truly the most exciting thing ever and I am over the moon about it!

I must say though that I find it funny that whoever controls the official Twin Peaks blu ray Tumblr account doesn't know how to use hashtags properly! They are always included in the post as just words as opposed to being typed into the hashtag area allowing them to actually be searchable within the site. Wah wah! Woops. Rookie mistake! Heheheh.

Seriously though: OH MY LORD ALL THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING and I can barely believe it!
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

Wow! Thank you Jerry for posting them! :D

I haven't been this excited since I punctured...er, never mind... :twisted:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Gordon wrote:I haven't been this excited since I punctured...er, never mind... :twisted:
:lol:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Chareth

Post by Chareth »

Gotta say, I cannot wait for another round of interviews with de Lauzirika and the CBS guys about this release, hopefully here at Dugpa. I'd love to hear about the long journey to the deleted scenes, and also the licensing of FWWM. Unless the former is covered in the new FWWM documentary.

On that note, I really hope that doco delves into not only their removal and long absence, but what Lynch and Engels had in mind for the post-series scenes, particularly with regard to potential sequels. Unless I've missed it, we've never had much of an explanation for why the script took us beyond the series finale a little bit, only to hold off on any significant resolution (for reasons of space most obviously, but they could have not filmed them at all for a film that was otherwise a prequel). Since so many outside of the core Peaks fandom had never heard about the scenes - let alone whether they were even shot - there may not have been a wide enough incentive to gather this information in interviews since.

Also, I'm curious what the thinking was behind including so many series characters in scenes largely unrelated to the main plot, hence why they were removed. If I recall from reading the script years ago, many of them are clear digressions from Laura's story (do correct me if I'm wrong - it's been a while) that perhaps were filmed to give us one more glimpse of the characters rather than out of sheer artistic imperative. Or was the original conception of the film - even through production - that it would resemble the sprawling, ensemble nature of the series more than it ultimately did?
Diane
RR Diner Member

Will extras from previous sets be on new Twin Peaks box?

Post by Diane »

What extras from the Gold Box, Artisan Season 1 box, and the Paramount Season 2 box will be missing from the new box?

As I understand it so far:

Gold Box:

Will have no coffee commercials and no Saturday Night Live

Artisan box:

Will have no episode commentaries.

Paramount Season 2:

??

The previous Fire Walk With Me DVD:

??
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Diane wrote:What extras from the Gold Box, Artisan Season 1 box, and the Paramount Season 2 box will be missing from the new box?<br abp="730"><br abp="731">As I understand it so far:<br abp="732"><br abp="733">Gold Box:<br abp="734"><br abp="735">Will have no coffee commercials and no Saturday Night Live<br abp="736"><br abp="737">Artisan box:<br abp="738"><br abp="739">Will have no episode commentaries.<br abp="740"><br abp="741">Paramount Season 2:<br abp="742"><br abp="743">??<br abp="744"><br abp="745">The previous Fire Walk With Me DVD:<br abp="746"><br abp="747">??
I believe also the music video for "Falling" by Julee Cruise will be missing on the Blu Ray box set.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

MysteryMan wrote:I believe also the music video for "Falling" by Julee Cruise will be missing on the Blu Ray box set.
Where did that previously appear, I don't recall.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

jlyon1515 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:I believe also the music video for "Falling" by Julee Cruise will be missing on the Blu Ray box set.
Where did that previously appear, I don't recall.
Gold Box
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I wonder if the commentaries on the Artisan box are worth watching? I have it but never saw them. Wondering whether I should keep it. I got rid of the Paramount Season 2 box...I don't remember the extras being worth anything (but I could be wrong).
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Diane wrote:I wonder if the commentaries on the Artisan box are worth watching? I have it but never saw them. Wondering whether I should keep it. I got rid of the Paramount Season 2 box...I don't remember the extras being worth anything (but I could be wrong).
Personally, I always felt the season 1 box set had the best quality (of the dvd releases) - the episodes both looked and sounded far superior to the Gold box set (also, the "previously on Twin Peaks" segments were included on that set, at least in the UK - missed those on the Gold box). Loved the commentary on that set too, very informative and interesting - if I remember correctly quite a lot of stuff mentioned that I had never previously heard or read anywhere. Then again I am a bit of a collector myself so could never part with any Twin Peaks release...