Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

It should be noted that the Artisan S1 set has some alternate lines of dialog in a few scenes. Worth it for that alone.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Jerry Horne wrote:It should be noted that the Artisan S1 set has some alternate lines of dialog in a few scenes. Worth it for that alone.
Oh, I'll definitely keep it then. Where can I find more info on those scenes?

I recently got rid of my VHS box set, the Paramount Season 2 box, and a DVD I had of the pilot (which had slightly poor picture quality and a mild humming sound).
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

I wonder if we've get any scenes of Sam Stanley pricing out other locations. I seem to recall he did it often in the script, but in the finished film we only here he say it once. I think we see him nodding his head and counting to himself in the Deer Meadow Sheriff Station as well.
worthit
Roadhouse Member

Post by worthit »

What about the music video for "A Real Indication" from the Lime Green Set? That song is from FWWM, so it would be fitting to include it on the Bluray set.
To me, that music video is as important a TP bonus as anything else.

Anyway...looking forward to this set! Like everyone else here, I've been waiting for these deleted scenes since I first heard about them many many years ago.
This will be the first time since 1992 that I will see new TP material (not counting the deleted scenes in the gold box).
For that reason, I now consider myself part of the happy generation :-)
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

The Artisan set is incredible. I think personally it looks the best as well. The commentaries are outstanding. It was the whole reason I finally got a DVD player.

And the second season has more interviews from the cast that weren't on the gold box, along with some people who were cut.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I'm usually a completist but I remember watching those interviews and being underwhelmed. That box sat on my shelf for years never being watched. Is it worth the 10 dollars to buy it back? I hate selling something and then wondering if I should have.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

I kept everything...VHS sets, the different versions of the DVD sets...
Chareth

Post by Chareth »

Diane wrote:I'm usually a completist but I remember watching those interviews and being underwhelmed. That box sat on my shelf for years never being watched. Is it worth the 10 dollars to buy it back? I hate selling something and then wondering if I should have.
I'm still a bit mystified by the season two set. Why did CBS commission another DVD production company to conduct a separate set of interviews and edit a different batch of extras when they surely knew the Gold Box was coming 6 months down the line? I get that the set was perhaps targeted at casual fans who had the season 1 set, but even then they still wouldn't have the complete series because the Artisan season 1 set didn't include the pilot in the Region 1 release. It would have made more sense to ignore the existing release and focus on one product: the complete series. No big deal, of course, but it's a bit perplexing.

But I'd bet good money that the 'cast and crew interviews' extra on the Blu-ray set is the season 2 interviews, given they've even managed to snag the FWWM 'Phenomenon' documentary from the New Line DVD. So you may well not need to buy it back.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The One-Armed man scene is in the script, but the new Norma/Ed pic is another unscripted scene, correct?

(I do have to say I loved the RR sets from the series much more than the real diner. And couldn't they throw some hair extensions on Norma?)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Ross wrote:The One-Armed man scene is in the script, but the new Norma/Ed pic is another unscripted scene, correct?

(I do have to say I loved the RR sets from the series much more than the real diner. And couldn't they throw some hair extensions on Norma?)
Right?? It's weird that they bothered to give extensions to Ronnette but not Norma. Maybe the Norma got extensions at that fancy salon she took too Shelly to :wink:
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Ross wrote:The One-Armed man scene is in the script, but the new Norma/Ed pic is another unscripted scene, correct?<br abp="771"><br abp="772">(I do have to say I loved the RR sets from the series much more than the real diner. And couldn't they throw some hair extensions on Norma?)
Yes, the One Armed Man scene is definitely the same one as in the script. The Norma/Ed picture looks like an unscripted scene. However they seem to be wearing the same clothes as in the Double R scene in the movie and in the trailer (when Ed enters with Nadine) so it could be they changed the scene somewhat from what's in the script or it could be a completely new scene taking place later on in the movie....
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Montana
Roadhouse Member

Post by Montana »

Am I right in thinking the edits in the new set will be the same as the initial DVD release and the Gold Box? I remember there were minor edits in the DVDs compared to the original TV broadcasts. Someone more diligent than me can perhaps link to a list of these edits....
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

I hope they were able to "fix" the scenes in rough quality, like Audrey and Windom in the library and many others
tausendsassa
Roadhouse Member

Post by tausendsassa »

Meanwhile...
The people over at bluray-disc.de have published something about the contents of the German, UK and US box sets:
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-news/ ... u-ray-disc

For all non-German speakers:
The last paragraph, "Update", says that they received a statement from Paramount, who assured that FWWM is not the version previously published by Concorde, but that indeed the new 4k master created from the original negative film was used. They conclude that the (German) box set includes the same stuff as the UK and US sets do.

In fact, it seems that also the sets released in US and UK will include the dubbed German sound track for both the series (in mono) and the feature (Dolby Digital 5.1). Therefore it really seems to be an identical "world-wide" release.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

Does anybody have more info on this "Palmer family interview" thing? Like how long it is, if Lynch is the one asking questions, if they are doing a group interview or individual ones? (I know that, separate from this part of the discussion, there will be an interview with the actors as themselves.) Depending on length and content I might be even more excited about this than the "Missing Pieces" - crazy as that sounds!

It seems like the Palmers, particularly Laura, always meant more to Lynch than any other characters he created (I know creators don't like to play "favorites" among their children, but c'mon). It would be fantastic to watch him communicate with them.

God, this release just gets better and better...