Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

Goosebumps are one thing, however, when we flash forward and see what happens to Cooper after he hits his head on his bathroom mirror, I could feel every nerve in my body standing on end. It's like the last 23 years I've been holding my breath for that scene.

Take time off of work now because we will all be glued to our TV's for days. Bake a pie, light 12 candles or whatever you have to do.

THIS is what we've been waiting for.

Oh, and the Jeffries in South America scene. Mind fucking blown.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jerry Horne wrote:Goosebumps are one thing, however, when we flash forward and see what happens to Cooper after he hits his head on his bathroom mirror, I could feel every nerve in my body standing on end. It's like the last 23 years I've been holding my breath for that scene.

Take time off of work now because we will all be glued to our TV's for days. Bake a pie, light 12 candles or whatever you have to do.

Man, can't wait
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote: Take time off of work now because we will all be glued to our TV's for days. Bake a pie, light 12 candles or whatever you have to do.

Very exciting to read that enthusiastic reaction, Jerry! I'm even more excited now than I was a few minutes ago, if that's possible. :D

Did the deleted scenes play in chronological order (basically according to the screenplay)?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The Dream Man wrote:Ahhh. I'm just going to assume from now on that you know most everything TP related :D
HA!! No- I'm sure there are people that know much more than I do!! (And sorry if my reply came off that way!!! It wasn't intentional!)
Last edited by Ross on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote: It would have! Does anyone know what Isaak or Sutherland think of the movie?
I have no idea. I know David Lynch and Chris Isaak are good friends so I was expecting Chris to show up.
As for Kiefer, the only time I saw him talking anything about FWWM was during an interview he did while he was promoting George Sluizer's The Vanishing. He said he was kind of filming both movies at the same time, since they were shot in the same area.
Last edited by Agent Sam Stanley on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Is this real Ben, or just some strange and twisted dream?

Glad they had fantastic evening!
We still have the best ahead of us, so I feel lucky. I still have something worth waiting for :lol:

Time to finally buy Bluray player LOL :roll:
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

qbin2001 wrote: Time to finally buy Bluray player LOL :roll:
Same here!

I've just paid a deposit on my first house and, as good fortune would have it, have managed to arrange a moving date to coincide with the Blu-ray set being released (including a week off work to truly experience it!).

The news of the box set release came the same day as my offer was accepted. As thrilled as I was to have the offer accepted, knowing I would get to see the deleted footage came as an even bigger thrill.

Sounds like a good time was had by all last night & I'm looking forward to reading more about it... however I'm going to try to stay away from here until I've watched the missing pieces myself. These are the best days to be a Twin Peaks fan!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Henrys Hair wrote:These are the best days to be a Twin Peaks fan!
100% true!
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

So can anyone confirm whether all of the deleted scenes from the script are included (except for the Ben Horne scenes which I know weren't shot).
The next time you see me it won't be me...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Henrys Hair wrote:These are the best days to be a Twin Peaks fan!
100% true!
It's so true. The soundtrack Archive releases were a dream come true for me. Really my biggest 'holy grail'. And that really kick-started my interest again. And now all the FWWM deleted scenes!? Amazing.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

Jerry Horne wrote:Goosebumps are one thing, however, when we flash forward and see what happens to Cooper after he hits his head on his bathroom mirror, I could feel every nerve in my body standing on end. It's like the last 23 years I've been holding my breath for that scene.

I've heard the deleted scenes end abruptly after the teethbrushing scene, which surprised me. How is it filmed and does it look completely different to in the show? I thought Lynch might go for a shot of the woods or something like that. Do we get a shot of the Great Northern?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

james wrote:Do we get a shot of the Great Northern?
I've been wondering this myself. It was such an iconic image in the series. Perhaps THE most identifiable. And it was an image I missed seeing in the film.

Also, the RR sign. I know they put the "RR" back on the sign at the diner, because stills exist. But we never see it in the final film. Do we in the Missing Pieces?
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

qbin2001 wrote: Time to finally buy Bluray player LOL :roll:
Me too. Just ordered the discs.
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Sounds amazing. Can hardly wait!

By the way, were all the scenes in the right sequence?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Last night was like a dream come true for me.There will be detailed description of each of the scenes coming from me via an article I'm writing for the Nerdist that I hope gets posted within the next 24 hours. But long story short, I wasn't disappointed :-)