Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by qbin2001 »

piero wrote:Just realized that some scenes from FWWM are not "deleted" or "extended". Thay are the same from different camera angle.
For exemple the scene where Laura quit the Meals on Wheels, the scene where she takes a hit and Jacobi calls, the little man with the ring and Cooper.
It would be a very hard work to edit together the missing pieces and the movie.... Just saying...
Bobby's line "You don't want me. You want the blow, don't you?" sounds soooo much better then the close up used in the film!
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:So apparently a few boxes came with the audio defect and others didn't?
I don't think that's possible - all the boxes will be identical. Any variation will be down to the player used (and possibly people's sensitivity to audio issues).
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

james wrote:Surely it makes sense when we have angels appearing in FWWM? Also, there is a prominent crucifix on the wall next to Annie at the end.

Which other scenes were most likely filmed but not in these Missing Pieces? If not, why would they be excluded? :?
Actually going through the analysis again the shot of the church was meant to be a title card, but they didn't put the title on it so you just get this random out of place shot of a church in the scenes :P

From the analysis here's a list of the scenes not included in The Missing Pieces but believed to be shot. Some are just one liners trimmed out, some are more than that.

Sam and Chet discussing Gordon on the way to Deer Meadow
Sam and Chet notice the steel bars outside the morgue
Sam showing off his machine to Chet in the morgue
All extended Irene dialog in the diner
All scenes at the trailer park
Sam talking about the lamp at the diner
Albert and Cole - 'six to eight hands clapping'
After Jeffries scene, extended dialog between Cooper, Albert, and Cole
Laura and Donna walking to school
All deleted and extended scenes with Laura and James
Laura at the Hayward home - 'E.H, L.P. D.H, Mom H'
Extended dialog with Laura and Harold, also Laura leaving Harolds
Extended dialog between Cooper and Albert discussing Teresa and Laura
Lauras neighbor finds her hysterical in the bushes, Laura running off
Leland telling Sarah he can't remember the last time he told Laura he loves her
Laura climbing out of her room to find the picture in the bushes
Laura and the pig
Laura putting the picture in the trash
Leland asking Laura who James is - 'A special friend?'
Laura asking Donna if tonight is the night she's going to do it with Mike
Laura calling Log Lady 'Margaret'
Laura saying 'All the way dead' to the trucker
Donna saying 'I don't need to do this to be your friend'
Jacques extended dialog and Bobs dialog in the Pink Room
Donna asking Laura what happened last night
Extended dialog when Laura meets Jacque, Leo, and Ronette
All scenes at Leos cabin, the train car, and Leland in the lodge
The Log Lady's tattoo (although the scene of her hearing the screams is there, just no shot of a tattoo)
Jeffries in the lodge (if it was shot)
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by bosguy1981 »

I was kind of surprised at how few scenes had any music. What music plays in the Missing Pieces that was not in Fire Walk With Me the movie? Got a list somewhere already?

I know Dugpas slow-speed plays in one or two scenes (Leland seeing Laura in the bushes is one), and regular Dance of the Dream Man during the Red Room scene at the end. Love Theme Farewell shows up in the Hayward scene, right? And the full trumpet Fire Walk With Me for Big Ed & Norma's scene. Others?
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

rewak wrote:Laura and the pig
I could be wrong, but I got the impression from the new "Memories of Fire Walk with Me" doc that Sheryl Lee actually told Lynch she would NOT shoot this. She and Deepak Nayar both mention that the pig head was brought on to set (and there's a photo of it in the doc to confirm it), but that she said this was too much and would not perform this part of the scene (I don't blame her!).
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

When she brought it up at one of the festivals a few years ago she mentioned they figured a way to film it without her being under it :)
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

I bought mine today! $114 (cdn) at HMV.
Plus I had to buy a Blu ray player.
And a cherry pie.

Today has been a good but pricey day!
-23-
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Oh- and the last couple post-series moments... Amazing & chill-inducing.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:I was kind of surprised at how few scenes had any music. What music plays in the Missing Pieces that was not in Fire Walk With Me the movie? Got a list somewhere already?

I know Dugpas slow-speed plays in one or two scenes (Leland seeing Laura in the bushes is one), and regular Dance of the Dream Man during the Red Room scene at the end. Love Theme Farewell shows up in the Hayward scene, right? And the full trumpet Fire Walk With Me for Big Ed & Norma's scene. Others?
Here are the songs listed in the end credits of the Missing Pieces:
Don’t Do Anything (I Wouldn’t Do)
Mysterioso #2
Hotel Tango by Dean Hurley
Twin Peaks Theme
Love Theme Farewell
She Would Die For Love (FWWM Theme)
One Dog Bark by Thought Gang
The Pink Room
Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)
Laura’s Dark Boogie
South Sea Dreams
Dance Of The Dream Man
Dark Mood Woods (Studio Version)

I've only watched the Missing Pieces once so far, so I'll have to give a closer listen. As I mentioned above, many scenes play without any music (unfortunately).
"Love Theme Farewell", "Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)", "South Sea Dreams", & "Dance Of The Dream Man" were not used in FWWM before this.
(In fact "Love Theme Farewell" was a mix/version created for the 2nd season soundtrack)

"Dugpas" isn't listed in the credits, but as bosguy mentions, it was used a couple of times.

I'll have to give the FWWM track in the Ed/Norma scene a closer listen. I think they just mixed it a bit differently...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Ross wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:I was kind of surprised at how few scenes had any music. What music plays in the Missing Pieces that was not in Fire Walk With Me the movie? Got a list somewhere already?

Mysterioso #2
Twin Peaks Theme
Love Theme Farewell
The Pink Room
Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)
Laura’s Dark Boogie
South Sea Dreams
Dance Of The Dream Man

I've only watched the Missing Pieces once so far, so I'll have to give a closer listen. As I mentioned above, many scenes play without any music (unfortunately).
"Love Theme Farewell", "Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)", "South Sea Dreams", & "Dance Of The Dream Man" were not used in FWWM before this.
(In fact "Love Theme Farewell" was a mix/version created for the 2nd season soundtrack)

"Dugpas" isn't listed in the credits, but as bosguy mentions, it was used a couple of times.

I'll have to give the FWWM track in the Ed/Norma scene a closer listen. I think they just mixed it a bit differently...
Thank you for the list, Ross! Much appreciated!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Ross wrote:

Mysterioso #2
Twin Peaks Theme
Love Theme Farewell
The Pink Room
Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)
Laura’s Dark Boogie
South Sea Dreams
Dance Of The Dream Man

Ross, I believe South Sea Dreams is the song previously released as "Log Lady Presence" in the TP Archive.
It was used in FWWM in the scene Laura and Margaret meet outside the Roadhouse.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

I've now watched the Missing Pieces and all of the extras in the 10th disc.

Those deleted scenes were fantastic!
One thing I worried about was that Bob is supposed to say "I have the fury of my own momentum" in the meeting scene, and sometimes it's better to not have Bob talk as his talking can lessen the mood a bit. Well, I shouldn't have worried a bit as he says that line perfectly! In fact all of the extra lines in that scene are delivered really well and the whole scene is really creepy in a whole new way! There was this digital zoom that looked a bit "too digital" but it didn't really matter.

I can also agree that the scene with Laura under the fan is at the same time hugely mesmerizing and creepy as hell. That's perhaps the only scene I really wondered why it was cut out of the final film. I would even go so far as to say that if I should pick just one, the most important thing, from the deleted scenes that should've been in the film, that was it.

The scene with Jack Nance was really funny!

I was also glad to see unseen footage of Bob and The LMFAP in the Red Room Atmospherics. We have already seen Richard Beymer's pictures of Bob with white contact lenses, but I think it's now the first time we see a piece of video of that. Great stuff!
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Is there a compiled list of each discs extras?
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

Oh my Gawwwwd!
There are so many extras. I can't even....
The 1-900 calls! I didn't even know these existed! I am barely scratching the surface too!!!
-23-
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Wait until you see the behind the scene photos this time!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?