Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by chalfont »

Another great article on norwegian net on Twin Peaks:
http://www.nrk.no/kultur/derfor-elsker- ... 1.11879313

Explains how TP changed TV forever, how it created it's own school on how to make TV-series
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

LostInTheMovies wrote:I've opened up a new thread for this question, but I'll post it here as well since this topic gets the most action. Is there a production schedule for Fire Walk With Me available anywhere online? I've read the official shooting diary on this site, but would love to know in what order ALL the scenes (or at least all the locations) were shot, especially since Lynch was adding new material along the way.
Quick answer - the person to ask would be Lynch's producer at the time or Lynch himself. I do doubt Lynch would have kept such records though, if you're feeling me?
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

Does anyone know where I can find screencaps from the blu-ray set, in particular FWWM? Thanks in advance!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

FormicaTable wrote:Does anyone know where I can find screencaps from the blu-ray set, in particular FWWM? Thanks in advance!
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Twin-Peak ... creenshots
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
FormicaTable wrote:Does anyone know where I can find screencaps from the blu-ray set, in particular FWWM? Thanks in advance!
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Twin-Peak ... creenshots
Yeah, I was aware of that one. Was looking for something a bit more extensive. Thanks though.
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

dugpa wrote:I would have liked to follow up with additional interviews but with there being an almost 10 year time gap and having time constraints, we opted to keep everything sourced from the original set of interviews.

At some point in the project I pitched the idea of using the footage to CBS and they agreed.

I was very lucky to have Charlie and editor Marissa Cicero take the footage to the next level.

I think there were a few areas I would have liked to explore like the Cannes and US Premieres, the Music, and maybe even cover the restoration. The problem was that we didn't shoot any footage of Angelo back in 2005 and the US and Cannes interview memories didn't have any good stories. As for the restoration, it was literally done weeks before disc lock as David didn't like the MK2 transfer and requested a brand new transfer for FWWM from the original negative.

I don't expect to see the other interviews as what was released is really the best of the bunch.

The title seemed more appropriate and happens to be one of my favorite songs from the film.

I'm glad to finally get the footage out and hope you all enjoy it. It was made for the hardcore fans that wanted to get that extra insight from some of the folks that have never spoken about the film before.
Thank you so much for your answers and for the extra mile yo've gone for us! :D

And sorry, I haven't replied in 2 weeks - been super busy.

I have two more questions to pose.

1. From what I know, they originally shot alternate footage of Maddy's death, with Ben Horne instead of Leland. Was there every any attempt to find that footage for the Bluray?

2. In the doc, Mark Frost states that the original script for FWWM started with MIKE and BOB in the 50s. This was a fascinating story, but I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see more of that specific interview. Was there anything more about it, like the concept of starting it in the 50s? Does that mean the two were human at the time? Would that have been just a small part of the film?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Every humanly effort was made to find the alternate footage. This was a top priority and I can personally confirm that all existing negative was pulled from storage including footage that had to be shipped in from the salt mines in Pennsylvania.

I had the great privilege of helping review every piece of footage. Almost all of the existing footage was dailies from the Pilot. Things found outside the Pilot were mostly short trims found misplaced in stock negative boxes. Luckily all that was identified became part of the new HD Deleted Scene material that ended up on the Blu-ray. Probably the greatest find was the alt Bobby and Shelly footage from Ep 27. It was found in a full box of negative that was completely unmarked.

During that process is when we were able to locate many of the negative used in the FX shots such as the Owl Cave footage. Sadly after about 12 months of researching, shipping, and preparing negative plus several weekends reviewing footage, we have determined that the Maddy alt footage is likely gone for good.

In Moving Through Time doc, Bob Engels talked about the origins of Bob and Mike starting in the 50's. What is presented on the doc is the extent of what Bob remembered. He reiterated the same in a recent interview done by one of our board members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:Luckily all that was identified became part of the new HD Deleted Scene material that ended up on the Blu-ray.
Ross wrote:
nemo wrote:Does anybody know, where can I find the alternate flashback scene of Laura and James and the short scene, which shows the doppelgangers of BOB and LMFAP in the Entire Mystery release as separate deleted scenes? Both scenes look perfectly remastered in the atmospherics.
I've just finished rewatching the series, looked into the extras, but haven't managed to find them in the special features. Were they included in this box at all? A simple teasing wouldn't make much sense...
Unless they are easter eggs somewhere, they are NOT on the set outside of the atmospherics. Which makes no sense, especially when half the screen/picture is cropped out on the Atmospherics to fit the screen. At least let us see the full picture of these lost scenes somewhere!!!! They should be included in the deleted scene section. No idea why they aren't.
Dugpa, any idea why the 2 scenes mentioned above weren't presented in the deleted section, and only in the "Atmospherics"?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

All that was found were small damaged trims that were not full scenes. Both had multiple cuts in the negative. Since they couldn't be presented as true scenes, they were added to the atmospherics and thankfully were approved by Lynch for the set.

Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

dugpa wrote:All that was found were small damaged trims that were not full scenes. Both had multiple cuts in the negative. Since they couldn't be presented as true scenes, they were added to the atmospherics and thankfully were approved by Lynch for the set.

Dugpa, regarding FWWM can you confirm that story that 40 mins of deleted scenes were left out for some reason?
Jerry said that information came from a "well known" fan or something like that.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Everything that was shot and could be found was released. I can confirm this personally as believe me, I asked about every single scene. :)

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

dugpa wrote:Everything that was shot and could be found was released. I can confirm this personally as believe me, I asked about every single scene. :)

What about the massive deleted scenes trove in the other thread? Were they aware of that?
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Does anyone else's set have a weird screen flub/movement immediately after Audrey says "Did you arrest him because of what I said?" in episode 15 (2x08)? Please check for me and let me know. It was very noticeable, like a frame shift. :(
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

dugpa wrote:Every humanly effort was made to find the alternate footage. This was a top priority and I can personally confirm that all existing negative was pulled from storage including footage that had to be shipped in from the salt mines in Pennsylvania.

I had the great privilege of helping review every piece of footage. Almost all of the existing footage was dailies from the Pilot. Things found outside the Pilot were mostly short trims found misplaced in stock negative boxes. Luckily all that was identified became part of the new HD Deleted Scene material that ended up on the Blu-ray. Probably the greatest find was the alt Bobby and Shelly footage from Ep 27. It was found in a full box of negative that was completely unmarked.

During that process is when we were able to locate many of the negative used in the FX shots such as the Owl Cave footage. Sadly after about 12 months of researching, shipping, and preparing negative plus several weekends reviewing footage, we have determined that the Maddy alt footage is likely gone for good.

In Moving Through Time doc, Bob Engels talked about the origins of Bob and Mike starting in the 50's. What is presented on the doc is the extent of what Bob remembered. He reiterated the same in a recent interview done by one of our board members.

Wow. Thank you for answering. It must've been a ton of effort to get as much stuff as you got - salt mines in PA? :shock:
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:Does anyone else's set have a weird screen flub/movement immediately after Audrey says "Did you arrest him because of what I said?" in episode 15 (2x08)? Please check for me and let me know. It was very noticeable, like a frame shift. :(
Can anyone help me and check their set? :(