Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Discussion

Post by bosguy1981 »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote: What else would you guys wanna see? Remember, this is likely the LAST time Twin Peaks gets a physical media release. It's now or never.
Considering how many cast members participated in interviews for the Gold box set, and yet pop up only briefly in the finished documentaries, I'd love to see a special feature with some unused interview tidbits. A few years ago there was a documentary on the Friday the 13th films called "His Name was Jason," and they did something like this. Many cast members were interviewed and included in the feature-length documentary, but a bonus feature had these mini "vignette" sort of things that were created with interview bits not included in the documentary.

And I really hope they'll produce a little documentary on Fire Walk With Me since it's going to be included in the set. If they could score interviews with lesser-heard-from people like Kiefer Sutherland, Chris Isaak, Pamela Gidley, David Bowie (can dream, right?), that'd be sweet.

Total dream? "A Slice of Lynch: Part Two" all about FWWM, with him, Sheryl Lee, Ray Wise, and Grace Zabriskie.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote: the ultimate extra would be that David Lynch films a "25 years later" Coda to the series. No, I don't expect it...but the rumored release date (and Mark Frost's comments last year) give me a glimmer of hope. I see something like this as far more likely than a "Season three"
March 2014 will also be (almost exactly) twenty-five years since the pilot was filmed in Snoqualmie too, right? Would be sweet if Mark and David went back to Snoqualmie and a documentary crew filmed them while they visited some of the filming locations now, all the while reminiscing about the show. They're still pals, but we haven't seen them interviewed together in ages, right? That would be a real treat.
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

bosguy1981 wrote:
GeekBoyEric74 wrote: the ultimate extra would be that David Lynch films a "25 years later" Coda to the series. No, I don't expect it...but the rumored release date (and Mark Frost's comments last year) give me a glimmer of hope. I see something like this as far more likely than a "Season three"
March 2014 will also be (almost exactly) twenty-five years since the pilot was filmed in Snoqualmie too, right? Would be sweet if Mark and David went back to Snoqualmie and a documentary crew filmed them while they visited some of the filming locations now, all the while reminiscing about the show. They're still pals, but we haven't seen them interviewed together in ages, right? That would be a real treat.
That would be freaking amazing. And yes, I believe the pilot was filmed in Feb/March '89
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jerry Horne wrote:The good news is that apparently the USC Retrospectives will be included on the eventual set. Let's hope they don't cut them down.
This is a dumb question but can WTTP be trusted?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:The good news is that apparently the USC Retrospectives will be included on the eventual set. Let's hope they don't cut them down.
This is a dumb question but can WTTP be trusted?
Well I think they stated that they had heard from Alex Ago at USC that negotiations are/were underway with CBS for inclusions of the Retrospective material. I mean it's a no-brainer that CBS would be interested.

As for the 'Complete Mystery' package? The cover is fake and there is no mention of any specific special features. Hope the release date is real!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

DELETED SCENES DELETED SCENES WHERE ARE THEY!!!

Sorry had to get that out.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Brad D wrote:DELETED SCENES DELETED SCENES WHERE ARE THEY!!!

Sorry had to get that out.
Yeah seriously... This seems like our last chance.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I really really hope they include that scene of Annie in the hospital.

3/25/14 rumored release date as reported by The Digital Bits.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:I really really hope they include that scene of Annie in the hospital.
Lynch is probably saving that for his new TP movie or series... :wink:
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

Does anyone know if David has been back to North Bend since the FWWM screening in 92?
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

What I want this year more than even a full press release is to just hear a definitive running time on the FWWM deleted scenes that are going to be included. LOL.

I think over the years we've heard things like 45 minutes, and 55 minutes, and I just want to see a number in print so I can finally believe it's real.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:What I want this year more than even a full press release is to just hear a definitive running time on the FWWM deleted scenes that are going to be included. LOL.

I think over the years we've heard things like 45 minutes, and 55 minutes, and I just want to see a number in print so I can finally believe it's real.
I'm with you! And IF the scenes are finally on this release, I'd love to see a little documentary on them. When they were cut, and the process bringing them up to quality. What/who was involved, etc.

I'm most curious about how the music will be handled. Will there be any? What will it be, and who chose it...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

just assuming, if music was added in I'd imagine Big Dean Hurley had something to do with it... but from what John Neff has said, it would be quite an undertaking for it to be releasable by Lynch's standards, which means some other folks would be on the job. I imagine whoever worked on the color timing, editing, etc. is sworn to secrecy for the time being. based on what I've been told first hand, I would be very shocked if the scenes don't happen this time. (finding wood to knock)

who restored all the Blue Velvet deleted scenes? that was a pretty stunning job :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Brad D wrote:...but from what John Neff has said, it would be quite an undertaking for it to be releasable by Lynch's standards...
What are his standards these days? He allowed the release of deleted scenes from the series sourced from VHS tapes. Same with the deleted scenes from Wild at Heart.

I know he had no choice with those. With FWWM, the time for talking is over. Just release the Goddamn scenes already.

Frankly I'm shocked he kept the deleted scenes from FWWM, considering they let the masters of the deleted scenes from the series get destroyed and/or lost.