Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoil

Post by dugpa »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Oh and the Buenos Aires set is pretty bad. It looks like a freshly painted bank office. Ironic as it's one of my favorite scenes.
The question is whether that is a set or an actual location. I am starting to lean towards location and perhaps a Mexican restaurant as the depth of the hallways seem to feel more like an actual building than a set. Also the knights armor is what makes me think Mexican restaurant.

I'm hoping this mystery will lure Charles back. :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
Oh and the Buenos Aires set is pretty bad. It looks like a freshly painted bank office. Ironic as it's one of my favorite scenes.
The question is whether that is a set or an actual location. I am starting to lean towards location and perhaps a Mexican restaurant as the depth of the hallways seem to feel more like an actual building than a set. Also the knights armor is what makes me think Mexican restaurant.

I'm hoping this mystery will lure Charles back. :)
Cooper, say hello to the long lost Charles!

I'm leaning towards location. There are those cheap acoustic style ceiling tiles plus the steps we see that are expensive for set building. Could be wrong though.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote:One really interesting thing about the scene with Laura at the Hayward's house is Will's look as Laura gets the phone call. Also, the way Will and Eileen look at each other after she leaves. They are aware of how unhappy she is, but do they suspect something more sinister about her home life?
Eileen seemed to have a very down energy in her scene, like she wasn't thrilled Laura was there. Did anybody else get that vibe during that scene? She seemed worried that Laura was a bad influence on Donna or something. And when Laura kisses her and starts to leave, Eileen seems to look away from Laura and not be all that receptive to the gesture, whereas Will was very warm towards Laura.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

piero wrote:
CooperDog wrote:
I believe he is saying "Ayudame" or "help me" in Spanish.
Yes. He says "ayuadame" (spanish) or "aiutami" (italian with US accent)! One of these!

That crossed my mind too, but I followed the english subtitles for the scene

I thought he was asking if Jeffries was God (The Man), since he disappeared and reappeared out of nowhere :?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

So what do people think of the new colors of the FWWM transfer? For the most part, I like it, but I'm so used to watching the DVD, its a bit surprising sometimes. There are some things I liked much better before though, such as Laura's possessed face at Harold's. The scary yellowed teeth are now gone. And sometimes the colors and contrast seem much more muted, making images pop less. See the Lodge. So all in all a mixed bag for me. What do others think?

New Line DVD on top/new blu ray on bottom:
screenshot_01.jpg
screenshot_01.jpg (395.19 KiB) Viewed 11083 times
screenshot_07.jpg
screenshot_07.jpg (206.09 KiB) Viewed 11083 times
In addition- there is added info on all four sides for the most part. And the image seems to be a little stretched (widened), or it was a little narrow/compressed before.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Fernanda
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fernanda »

It looks like color-fading film stock, or maybe it was Lynch's decision during color timing since he didn't supervise the New Line picture transfer, only the sound mixing.
fearltd
Roadhouse Member

Post by fearltd »

One minor thing I'm glad they restored was the little cymbal music cue after Chet disappears/establishing FBI, Cooper's introduction. I was used to watching the international version of FWWM that it was jarring when I finally watched the New Line version and it was just complete silence for those few seconds. I have to think it was a mistake that it wasn't included then, since I'm pretty sure Lynch didn't supervise the sound design for that.
Fernanda
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fernanda »

I remember that cymbal piece from the VHS.
Last edited by Fernanda on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Can't remember that cymbal. Let me check that now.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

Watched the deleted scenes yesterday! Amazing! Love them all! :D Many of them felt like if I already saw them, from the many times I've referenced the script and talked about it... I thought Will and Eileen after Laura leaves somehow *know* something is going to happen to her... Like people got sad in episode 14 for no reason, something was in the air and they felt it not knowing what it was...

I loved Laura's creepy smile under the fan, I loved seeing the other woodsman, closeups of the Jumping Man and the electrician, loved Jeffries scenes... We've all waited years for this and now they're finally here, we deserve them... :D :D
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Jerry, I was just reading on your blog and in the comments of the feature on Donna and Dr. Hayward below the funeral, someone said they worked on the set and that scene would be on it. Any idea what happened? Maybe the commenter was just a fake. Or perhaps there are Easter egg scenes we haven't found yet?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Si78 wrote:Jerry, I was just reading on your blog and in the comments of the feature on Donna and Dr. Hayward below the funeral, someone said they worked on the set and that scene would be on it. Any idea what happened? Maybe the commenter was just a fake. Or perhaps there are Easter egg scenes we haven't found yet?
Apparently they were full of shit. I think this was the same person on the IMDB?

The amount of deleted scenes and outtakes with additional dialog that they passed on truly baffles me.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Jerry Horne wrote:I still wonder about the nurse and how she would have played into a second film.
I'm a bit surprised about that scene. I don't understand it. Why she stole it? I would have left the ring where it was. it would have had more sense with the story and the evil Coop.
Roomservice...
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Everybody can help me to understand what the church scene is about?
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (103.32 KiB) Viewed 10827 times
Roomservice...
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

piero wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I still wonder about the nurse and how she would have played into a second film.
I'm a bit surprised about that scene. I don't understand it. Why she stole it? I would have left the ring where it was. it would have had more sense with the story and the evil Coop.
She stole it because it looked like a big, fancy piece of jewelry and she had no morals (maybe she lived in Deer Meadow!). I believe the point is that Annie was meant to be owned/cursed by the lodge inhabitants, like Teresa Banks (et al), but she was inadvertently rescued by the greed of the nurse. I think it's a nice little twist. It was also a good setup for the followup film that we never got. It's the biggest indication we have (on film) of future events. By comparison, Coop's scene back in the Great Northern doesn't give us any info on what might happen with him beyond what we already knew from the final episode of the show (but it's still a fantastic scene).
Last edited by Jasper on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.