Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by qbin2001 »

Wow! WOW! WOW!!! :lol:
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Wow! I cannot believe we are getting deleted scenes from the second season! These look to be from the negative!

* Is the scene with Coop & Truman from the Pilot?
I think you might be right and it could be the missing scene from the pilot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that gazebo definitely looks a bit larger than the one used a few times during the second season of the series (filmed in CA).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:Wow! I cannot believe we are getting deleted scenes from the second season! These look to be from the negative!

HOLY... I can't believe the quality of the series deleted scenes. Amazing. Coop/Truman looks like the Pilot.

Shelly/Bobby scene is episode 27. Its actually an earlier, alternate "speech" scene than the one that appears in the episode (at the RR). It was re-written and re-shot during the filming of ep 27.

Wow. I'm praying there are a bunch more from the series.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:

HOLY... I can't believe the quality of the series deleted scenes. Amazing. Coop/Truman looks like the Pilot.

Shelly/Bobby scene is episode 27. Its actually an earlier, alternate "speech" scene than the one that appears in the episode (at the RR). It was re-written and re-shot during the filming of ep 27.

If that's from episode 27 then I'm hopeful they found the Tim/Tom taxi scene!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
nemo
RR Diner Member

Post by nemo »

I wonder who invented these teasers...I think, they can only spoil the whole impression of the release. I'm still resisting my own momentum except that I watched the trailer with the deleted scenes of course :)
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Random detail I noticed: in the outtake with Cooper laughing in the interrogation room, the clapboard says Director: G. Feinberg.

Gregg Feinberg didn't direct any episodes though, did he? Maybe he filled in for somebody and directed some scenes?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Seeing new footage from the series is almost surreal... Fuzzy, videotape outtakes are one thing. But crystal clear footage is almost mind blowing.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

nemo wrote:I wonder who invented these teasers...I think, they can only spoil the whole impression of the release. I'm still resisting my own momentum except that I watched the trailer with the deleted scenes of course :)
They should have got Kimmy Robertson (Lucy) to narrate the latest trailer.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:They should have got Kimmy Robertson (Lucy) to narrate the latest trailer.
I really like that idea, Jerry!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:Seeing new footage from the series is almost surreal... Fuzzy, videotape outtakes are one thing. But crystal clear footage is almost mind blowing.
It's going to make fan-edits easier and more seamless!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Shelly/Bobby cene ep 27

INT. ROADHOUSE - DAY

Decorations for the Miss Twin Peaks contest are being put up. A poster celebrating Norma as
a past Queen is leaning against the podium. SHELLY JOHNSON and BOBBY BRIGGS
rehearse on stage.

BOBBY
Shel, I know I haven't been paying the right kind of attention to ya lately But when I saw that old guy kissing you ... something snapped. It's when I realized what I had or something. And I want to dedicate my time to that.

SHELLY (hopeful)
Sounds great to me.

BOBBY (re her speech)
So let's try to get through the rest. And then we can discuss it. Together.

Shelly peeks at her speech, sighs, and continues her recitation:

SHELLY
"Yes, I believe there are so many beautiful things in the world that should be admired and be thankful for. For
example, Detroit auto makers reported a record year of sales for sports cars." (she stops) I don't know, Bobby.

BOBBY
What's wrong now?

SHELLY
Well, for one thing, nowhere in this entire speech do we mention ecology, or forests, or anything.

Bobby looks at the speech.

BOBBY
I don't know where I'd put it. The speech is so damn tight as is.

SHELLY
But it's supposed to be about that.

BOBBY
Shel, you're gonna be wonderful. You'll win in a walk. And then we are off. Fade out on Twin Peaks. Fade up
on Hollywood insider games. Sunset strip. Easy street, baby. Just like you always wanted. (steps back from her, examining her) Maybe a new hairdo. Or some signature makeup. We got to mesmerize.

Shelly sighs. Apology or not. He's hopeless.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Truman/Cooper scene (Pilot)

EXT. TOWN SQUARE - EARLY EVENING

Cooper and Steadman/Truman walk through the town square, past the gazebo, towards city hall.

COOPER (stopping to look at the gazebo)
I've seen these in pictures before, but there is an actual gazebo, right here in your city square. That is beautiful.

STEADMAN/Truman (looks at his watch)
You know we're gonna be late for that meeting -

COOPER (continuing on)
You know, I'm from Philadelphia and a thing like this, a gazebo, in a town square that is so meticulously maintained (head snaps around, noticing another detail)- look how these hedges are clipped

They head towards a side entrance in city hall. We MOVE to PICK UP a group of REPORTERS, milling around between a few television news crew trucks in front of city hall and STAY WITH one REPORTER, taping a stand-up news report in front of the hall's imposing mahogany doors.

REPORTER
I'm speaking to you tonight from in front of the Town Hall of Twin Peaks, where, just behind me, the City Council and Chamber of Commerce have called an emergency session to discuss the tragic events that have rocked this remote, peaceful community. How will the community react? We'll be here to bring that news to you as soon as it's available to us.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:A poster celebrating Norma as a past Queen is leaning against the podium.
I wonder if we'll see this!??
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:Shelly/Bobby cene ep 27

INT. ROADHOUSE - DAY

Decorations for the Miss Twin Peaks contest are being put up. A poster celebrating Norma as
a past Queen is leaning against the podium. SHELLY JOHNSON and BOBBY BRIGGS
rehearse on stage.

BOBBY
Shel, I know I haven't been paying the right kind of attention to ya lately But when I saw that old guy kissing you ... something snapped. It's when I realized what I had or something. And I want to dedicate my time to that.

SHELLY (hopeful)
Sounds great to me.

BOBBY (re her speech)
So let's try to get through the rest. And then we can discuss it. Together.

Shelly peeks at her speech, sighs, and continues her recitation:

SHELLY
"Yes, I believe there are so many beautiful things in the world that should be admired and be thankful for. For
example, Detroit auto makers reported a record year of sales for sports cars." (she stops) I don't know, Bobby.

BOBBY
What's wrong now?

SHELLY
Well, for one thing, nowhere in this entire speech do we mention ecology, or forests, or anything.

Bobby looks at the speech.

BOBBY
I don't know where I'd put it. The speech is so damn tight as is.

SHELLY
But it's supposed to be about that.

BOBBY
Shel, you're gonna be wonderful. You'll win in a walk. And then we are off. Fade out on Twin Peaks. Fade up
on Hollywood insider games. Sunset strip. Easy street, baby. Just like you always wanted. (steps back from her, examining her) Maybe a new hairdo. Or some signature makeup. We got to mesmerize.

Shelly sighs. Apology or not. He's hopeless.
They decided to re-write and film the scene to make Bobby less of a jerk. And made Shelly's speech much more appropriate.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:

If that's from episode 27 then I'm hopeful they found the Tim/Tom taxi scene!
I really hope that one's included!

I was really expecting any series deleted scenes to be taken from grainy video tape, but the short extracts on the new trailer look amazing. Fingers crossed for as many deleted from the series as possible.

Each week the details of this set continue to surpass my wildest expectations. A quick message to whoever's responsible - I love you! :D