Twin Peaks Episode Guide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks Episode Guide

Post by Audrey Horne »

oh please! That's ridiculous.

anyway, on to the top ten scenes.

5. Audrey walks by in the background and picks up a piece of trash
4. Audrey does laundry.
3. Audrey does her taxes.
2. Audrey's name is in the credits.
1. Nadine screams "corkscrew."

*but have to admit, it's pretty fun going through the series and scribbling down notes on what would be my top ten thrilling moments. Can't wait for your next entry. So much fun.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

:lol: Don't forget the scene where Audrey shows up for about 15 seconds in an episode dancing w/ Cooper at the Milford wedding or some such. I wonder if between takes, Kyle whispered into Fenn's ear, "You're not falling in love with me are you? Because Lara is a girl that I can spend the rest of my life with..."

I'm surprised she didn't bolt from the set at some point late in season two.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

excellent choice for Twin Peaks moment #9.

everything about it works. I think I would put it in mine too. Love waiting to see the results of this list.
Coffee
Roadhouse Member

Post by Coffee »

I'm LOVING these top ten Twin Peaks moments. I think it's my favourite article on your website thus far!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks you two. It's an amazing scene in an amazing episode. No matter how many times I've watched the Pilot, this one scene still gives me goosebumps. I mean, you just can't take your eyes off it eh? Grace Zabriskie is amazing.
kim 13781
Roadhouse Member

Post by kim 13781 »

I also have always thought it was chance as well and Audrey your not the only one who got mixed up about that Josie death scene when Bob say's to Coop What happened to Josie I never understood what he said exactly, but there you go we learn something new everyday :D Oh and Jerry I also give your episode guide a A+ it's fantastic
Damn fine coffee...and hot - Agent Cooper
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks Kim!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Great choice for #8, Jerry. (Cooper rescues Audrey from One-Eyed Jacks)

Perhaps cinematically, it's not the most nuanced and auteurist- but just for good old fashioned storytelling, it gets the job done!

It was probably the most exciting scene back in the day when my friends and I would gather around watching -with us all on the edge of our seats screaming, "go! go! go!" and cheering.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yep, I remember some hootin' and cheering in my group during this scene on the original broadcast. Even watching it now, I'm still half holding my breath hoping they make it! I'm a sucker for the One Eyed Jacks set. I think it's brilliant.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

yeah, it brings up good memories for me. the murder plot was getting really spooky and this kidnap plot had reached its height, and the show was ripe with where will it all go from here -it was really exciting, and swoon worthy with Cooper telling Audrey, "I'm going to take you out of here." HOT!

My fellow fans were so caught up in that one with the promos that week- all glued to the set with our popcorn, coffee, pie, doughnuts -and remember the clapping when Cooper finally found Audrey's note, the cheering and hoots when he punched out Nancy and cut Audrey's rope. And we were suckers when they were caught by the guard, all groaning thinking they were going to not get away -and then cheering again with Hawk's "good thing you guys can't keep a secret." Jumping up and down out of our seats. It was probably the most satisfying moment in the series for my 1990 viewing parties.

Again, just good old fashioned serial soap, and action adventure.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

another good choice- #7.

the begining of the final episode- even the kickoff with Lucy and Andy is handled well. it's a refreshing change and all the characters click again. Lynch and Mclachlan's Cooper has his edge back. The overtones suggest the silliness of Windom Earle will take a backseat -and scorched engine oil, Ronette Palaski and the Log Lady's past all elluded to with suitable creepiness. It suggests we're going on a dark sinister ride and nothing is safe. *It be even more tense if Audrey had been kidnapped, which most likely have been the case if the show stayed on course with Frost's intentions.

It's a surprising choice, Jerry. But I think I like it!

still mulling over my own selections -it's hard.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:It's a surprising choice, Jerry.
Yes, it's probably the most personal choice in my top 10. What is it about David Lynch's direction that makes that scene so great? Is it the brilliant Dark Mood Woods music? Is it the choice of camera lens in the overhead shot? Was there anyone watching that was not rapt with attention? I mean it was the final episode - what the hell was going to happen?? I remember we had a final get together with our friends - just like we did earlier in the series. MUCH coffee and cherry pie was consumed. Too much for 9pm as I remember. Did I drink too much coffee, or did Jack Nance just glide into the Sheriff's office? My favorite Pete moment.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

I think the final episode easily stands as a great Lynch work independent of the series, and an overlooked one at that. Great example as to why, Jer. The Dark Mood Woods theme gives a horrible sense of forebooding from then on that just doesn't let up! And as well as the directorial flourishes, love all the odd little details that Lynch threw in referring to earlier in the show - Hawk talking about the bloody towel and diary pages, the "scored engine oil", and Ronette turning up. Even a much-missed moment of Cooper's superhuman intuition: "The Log Lady will be here in one minute." Works so well.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:I think the final episode easily stands as a great Lynch work independent of the series, and an overlooked one at that. Great example as to why, Jer. The Dark Mood Woods theme gives a horrible sense of forebooding from then on that just doesn't let up! And as well as the directorial flourishes, love all the odd little details that Lynch threw in referring to earlier in the show - Hawk talking about the bloody towel and diary pages, the "scored engine oil", and Ronette turning up. Even a much-missed moment of Cooper's superhuman intuition: "The Log Lady will be here in one minute." Works so well.
I've always wondered if it is indeed 60 seconds before the Log Lady shows up ;) However, you're right - there is something intangible about Lynch's direction. Not knowing what that is keeps me watching I guess.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

"GRAND THEFT AUTO!!" One of my favourite scenes too.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"