Twin Peaks Episode Guide

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Twin Peaks Episode Guide

Post by Jerry Horne »

So anyway, i started an episode guide. So come by and check it out. Leave a comment about what you think of each episode or any mistakes i might have made or anything you would like to see included. I will have more episodes up soon!

www.twinpeaksepisodeguide.blogspot.com
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Twin Peaks Episode Guide

Post by Audrey Horne »

that is hot damn delicious. A damn fine episode guide!!!!

The stills are perfect, and the tone is great. Now, if you could only find a way to edit it and make it Audrey in the red room with Cooper, I could die happily.

This is really good, can't wait for you to continue. Still religously check your site every day.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Can't seem to post anonymously Jerry, so you'll get my thoughts here! Basically, great job, it's also good to new features from you. ;) It's a perfect sum up of the basic stats of the episode - and some of the screenshots are so beautifully crisp! :shock:

As a suggestions to expand the episode guide, how about ideas for sections...

Critical Reactions (which can be in two sections).
- Post-Broadcast. Perhaps reviews from TV Guides at the time? From Twin Peaks online fans? There's a great documentent that collects all the reaction from the Twin Peaks group:
http://www.twinpeaks.org/archives/comme ... e_comments
- Retrospective reviews. Comments from Wrapped In Plastic. Also, the one at notcoming.com is a great example.
http://notcoming.com/reviews/twinpeaks-seasontwo/#e29

Also, how about a trivia section such as Richard Beymer taking pictures on set, or Lynch going on to make Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me?

Also, memorable quotes.

Also, differences from original script. (Over at glastonburygrove.net).

Continuity section that references past episodes. For example:
- Bobby and Shelley's conversation in the Double R with the waitress Hedi is almost word-for-word the same as the conversation in the pilot. Coincidently, Hedi's last appearance piror to this is in the pilot.
- This is Sarah Palmer's first appearance since Episode 17.

Also, stuff like plot foreshadowing:
- Cooper's good self being trapped in the Black Lodge is later referenced (and seen) in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

Unanswered Questions, such as:
- Who survived the bank explosion at the Twin Peaks Savings and Loan?
- Did Ben Horne survive his head injury?
- Who was communicating through Sarah Palmer?
- Was Leo Johnson ever found?
- Was Bob ever defeated? Did the good Cooper ever escape the Black Lodge?

... just SOME ideas! ;)
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:Still religously check your site every day.
Bless you! You know, i watched the Audrey bank vault scene last night and i must say, i thought she looked fantastic. Her looks and character seemed invigorated. Towards the end of the second season her character seemed a bit lost, however, one wonders if her new interest in civil disobedience would have lead to new and interesting things in season three (If she survived of course) Maybe her and her dad joined the ELF!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:Can't seem to post anonymously Jerry, so you'll get my thoughts here! Basically, great job, it's also good to new features from you. ;) It's a perfect sum up of the basic stats of the episode - and some of the screenshots are so beautifully crisp! :shock:

- Post-Broadcast. Perhaps reviews from TV Guides at the time? From Twin Peaks online fans? There's a great documentent that collects all the reaction from the Twin Peaks group:
- Retrospective reviews. Comments from Wrapped In Plastic. Also, the one at notcoming.com is a great example.

Also, how about a trivia section such as Richard Beymer taking pictures on set, or Lynch going on to make Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me?

Also, memorable quotes.

- Bobby and Shelley's conversation in the Double R with the waitress Hedi is almost word-for-word the same as the conversation in the pilot. Coincidently, Hedi's last appearance piror to this is in the pilot.

- Cooper's good self being trapped in the Black Lodge is later referenced (and seen) in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

... just SOME ideas! ;)

Those are all great. Thanks! For episode 29, i would like to put in everything known about what was planned for season 3 (Sheryl returning as redhead, Coop as town pharmacist, Ted Raimi returning...)
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Jerry Horne wrote: Those are all great. Thanks! For episode 29, i would like to put in everything known about what was planned for season 3 (Sheryl returning as redhead, Coop as town pharmacist, Ted Raimi returning...)
I'd argue maybe Season Three deserves it's own section, it'd be so awsome listing all the rumours and information and all the sources they came from. (Such as your interview with Matt Haley and the graphic novel). :D Mark Frost says a good bit on the Gold Set documentary too if I remember correctly.
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Are you starting at EP 29 and going backwards? Just curious, Jerry. Maybe I clicked the wrong link.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes, I'm starting with 29 and going backwards. Should have 28 up by tonight.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jerry Horne wrote:
They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:Can't seem to post anonymously Jerry, so you'll get my thoughts here! Basically, great job, it's also good to new features from you. ;) It's a perfect sum up of the basic stats of the episode - and some of the screenshots are so beautifully crisp! :shock:

Also, memorable quotes.

... just SOME ideas! ;)

Those are all great. Thanks! For episode 29, i would like to put in everything known about what was planned for season 3 (Sheryl returning as redhead, Coop as town pharmacist, Ted Raimi returning...)
i would love a comprehensive guide to the planned 3rd season and round up all the quotes that are floating around!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Check out the episode 29 section! I already started the quotes. The Raimi one is bizarre.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

As always, excellent stuff, Jerry. Enjoyed the Ep 29 recap and screenshots are beyond vivid. Can't wait to check out 28!
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

jerry, this is looking absolutely, positively great!

the shots were sellected and placed with a lot of care and love of the characters. It's first rate. I love it.

Those ratings though, are generous- lol

I'd go-

25 B+
26 C
27 B
28 C
29 A+

but I suspect you love every frame of this show, so more power to you!

Can't wait for more.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

You like 25 better than 26 eh? Interesting. Pound for pound I think 26 is better. Well, I'm doing 24 right now and I can tell you, it will be the lowest rating yet. Yes, I love most everything about Twin Peaks. It's my favorite television show after all!
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

yeah, easily -there's no Audrey in 26. (even though I couldn't stand the giant-haired business suited "Daddy, I'm your man!" Audrey) and I'm not a fan of the Windom Earle Scooby Doo like villian scene with Randy -or the giant chess piece (I kept thinking how did he get that thing to the gazebo) and the boat ride and kiss with Yoko Ono always brings up 1991 stabs to my heart. But tomato, tomATtoe...

The first season to me are all A+ installments (how could one choose between them, it would be like Sophie's Choice) and the first half of the second season -the lowest I'd go is probably an A-. It's just all beautifully constructed and expertly written and performed television.

God, I love your site!
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

I love the guide so far. Just elaborate enough to make you remember it all, and just concise enough to be useful. Easily the best of its kind I've seen.

I agree with Audrey's ratings, except I'd give 24 a C+, 26 a B- and 28 a D. I hate pretty much everything about that episode; my favourite scene is actually Nadine's slideshow! I love ep. 25. Great dialogue, Gordon Cole, and it even has Johnny Horne.

I'll give the first season straight A's too. A for ep. 1 and 7 and A- for ep. 4, maybe, but A+ for the rest. The first B would be ep. 12. The first 15 are amazingly consistent.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"