Lara Flynn Boyle Blogs Twin Peaks

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Re: Lara Flynn Boyle Blogs Twin Peaks

Post by Audrey Horne »

I really always loved Sheryl Lee's performance as Shell(e)y the waitress. So heartbreaking.

God, I still remember buying that issue of Rolling Stone and being so excited about the second season. I think I got it the same day as the Time magazine Lynch cover.

to me, it was perfect having the trinity girls on the cover -you have to remember Sheryl Lee wasn't as huge a pressence with most fans until FWWM. Aside from the image of her being wrapped in plastic. but over time, Sheryl Lee has definitely become the fourth girl. And Fenn getting the center and the Emmy and Golden Globe noms, whahahahahaha!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Audrey Horne wrote:pressence
Damn you Lara! It's contagious!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

LOL

oh yaeh, I forgit smoetimes how to splell. Get so cexcited.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

in my opinion, peggy lipton was and is still more attractive than anyone else on the show. but, i've always had a thing for blondes.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

oh of course. Peggy Lipton is flawless, fantastic genes and never ages.

I meant the trinity girls being the three ingenues. the young, hip actors that Rolling Stone would use to sell covers. I like that the characters were representing the class system -the rich girl, the middle-class, and the working class.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Jerry Horne wrote:
dugpa wrote:Sherilynn
:lol:
Doh! Fixed it. I think I mentally think two "N"'s as in Fenn.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No, I thought it was funny because maybe you were intentionally misspelling it like Lara did in her blog :wink:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

It's interesting that she starts with TP saying how the cast got along with each other and then compare it with The Practice.It's hilarious saying that they worked more on this series than TP!Also,she mentioned that her fellow co-stars from The Practice were closer to her than the TP ones.I think that she never felt competitive about these guys.
They-Shot-Waldo!
RR Diner Member

Post by They-Shot-Waldo! »

Well, I suppose since The Practice lasted longer, it's not impossible to believe that Lara probably bonded with the cast there more. Me, I've no complaints on the blog, I think it's a bit of stretch people expecting her to answer was she involved in the Cooper\Audrey plot getting dropped - but it's so great to be hearing any of her thoughts! :D (I'm especially surprised to see she doesn't own any of the series, surely she heard of the new Gold Set?).
-- Gerry

the black dog runs at night
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

They-Shot-Waldo! wrote:(I'm especially surprised to see she doesn't own any of the series, surely she heard of the new Gold Set?).
I am sure that Charles De Lauzirika asked her to participate,but i'll ask him and let you know.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Here's Charles answering:
Sort of a scheduling problem. Some other things too. We almost got her though. But ultimately, we ran out of time waiting.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Lara finished blogging,I don't think she gave us much insight,she was a bit hideous.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It could have been a great thing but alas, I'm also a bit disappointed...

-B
kerplooey
Roadhouse Member

Post by kerplooey »

From DK (and many others who sent in the same question): Why weren't you in Fire Walk With Me? That's what everyone here really wants to know.
Me: I was extremely busy at the time, and found it difficult to talk backwards with little people.
We can only guess how demanding all those scenes where Donna Hayward is in the red room talking backwards with the little man in both the series and FWWM must have been
From P: I would like [you] to talk about the 'Twin Peaks' movie 'Fire Walk with Me' when Madchen Amick played Donna - what did you think about that? Did she want to be a part of it? Anything on that topic would be awesome -
Me: I am reminded of a line from Twin Peaks "The next time you see me, it will not be me."Its from one of the great backwards dialogue dream sequences, and it fits perfectly with my feelings on FWWM. Everything goes in the world of Twin Peaks, and everyone was great, especially Madchen.
It is my personal opinion that out of the 3 people who played Donna in Fire Walk With Me, Kiefer Sutherland was the best, although Moira Kelly and Madchen Amick both did a terrfic job, to be fair.

Come on! was this Lara woman even in Twin Peaks? That's why she has a different face! Nothing to do with surgery. She's just another person who happens to have the same name.
I rest my case.
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

Oh dear. I can only assume Lara Flynn Boyle was forced to write that blog as some sort of plea bargain? Fortunately I was indifferent to it from the start so I don't feel let down in the least. I like the character of Donna and I've never had a problem with Lara Flynn Boyle, but I'm not interested in her as a person. The last film I saw her in was Wayne's World and that was around the time of its video release! In the UK at least Twin Peaks was her acting career and if she's not going to discuss that there's not much point in her writing a blog, frankly.

I've read many times over the years that Lara Flynn Boyle refused to appear in FWWM because of the nudity and after her comment about the rolling stone cover it suddenly all makes sense. Maybe if somebody had taken the time to explain that it was David Lynch directing and not Russ Meyer...
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"