FWWM- Before they go to the log cabin

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Gozu

FWWM- Before they go to the log cabin

Post by Gozu »

Hey all, hoping someone can help me here, this has been bugging me for years! The scene in question is near the end of FWWM, Laura has jumped from James' bike, told him she loved him, and then runs into the woods and meets Leo and Ronnette next to his red sports car.

I am sure when I saw this in the cinema, when it came out originally, Laura has a line "What's she doing here?" that she says to Leo while giving Ronnette a dirty look, as if she wasn't expecting/wanting her to be there.

On the DVD versions I have watched since, the scene is there but not that dialogue. Can anyone confirm that I wasn't imagining it all these years? Not that important in the grand scheme of things I suppose, just out of interest :)
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Re: FWWM- Before they go to the log cabin

Post by TheArm »

Hmm...I don't personally remember that additional dialogue from when I first saw FWWM...
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

that scene strikes me as odd that she just jumps off the bike, runs into the woods and leo and jacques are just casually waiting there.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

The dialouge you're thinking of is from the last episode of the TV series. Nadine has regained her memory, looks at Norma and Ed together and says "What's she doing here" or something to that effect.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Or possibly the part during the series where Jean Renault & Emroy Battis shoot the video of the captive Audrey? I think Blackie says words to that effect when she sees Nancy there.
charles
RR Diner Member

Post by charles »

I remember that too!!! ... and it's bugged me for years as well. Hmmm... there seems to be no accounting for it. Why would they cut that? That line adds interest to an otherwise kind of awkward (pacing-wise) and boring meetup scene. also, it was surprisingly overlit (for lynch) for nighttime in the woods. where the heck was all that light coming from? headlights can only do so much.
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

personally i dont remember laura saying that line. then again i saw FWWM when i was thirteen, so if they did indeed edit that one line which was included in the original release, i have never noticed its absence. but it does seem strange that laura would say that about ronnette, considering jacques invited his "high school sandwich" to his cabin on "thursday" while the three of them are partying in the pink room. and later while laura and ronette have buck do some under the table magic, both girls seem quite comforable with each other,"just like we're back at one eyed jacks."
Gozu

Post by Gozu »

Hey thanks everyone for your replies, seems like Charles and I are the only ones that kinda remember it - like I said nothing earth shattering just a curiosity. Thanks for confirming you remember it too Charles!
Interesting that there are similar scenes like eyeboogers mentions in the series with the same dialogue - I am convinved that the line was in the cinema cut that I saw and that I'm not mixing it up with anywhere else :)

It is indeed an odd scene and an odd line - like JFK says above, it is afterall a planned "event" for them all so it does seem odd that Laura
would say that. I agree that in most scenes Ronnette and Laura seem comfortable with each other in what scenes there are. I suppose there could have been some kind of jealousy there though behind the scenes? But that is a whole other topic! And yeah, where does all that light come from :)
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

Gozu wrote: And yeah, where does all that light come from :)
Heaven's a large and interesting place
or so the saying goes