Garmonbozia = for men only?

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Garmonbozia = for men only?

Post by StrangerDanger »

Observations:
Mrs Tremond / Chalfont doesn't want creamed corn when Laura visits with the meals on wheels.
Her son magics it away into his own hands. But even he doesn't want it.
Mrs Tremond / Chalfont gives a resigned, slightly disdainful look during the Meeting above the Convenience Store
MIKE wants Garmonbozia even though he's a good person now.

Theories:
- Maybe Garmonbozia is only produced from murdered women who wear the ring. Men also wear the ring, but they don't get killed.
- Maybe Garmonbozia - Pain and Sorrow - is not necessarily evil, it's the payback for some original sin e.g. eating corn, the forbidden fruit (although TREE is no corn plant, but being electrified even though wood is an insulator, he is akin to the Burning Bush which burns even though it's alive and not being consumed, TREE is like the doppelganger of the Burning Bush, but that's another story).
- If Garmonbozia is nonetheless evil, e.g. created from murdered thieving nurses (Annie's Nurse) and blackmailing con-artists (Theresa), then maybe the Ring launders it into something neutral to good and evil?
- If Garmonbozia is evil notwithstanding the Ring, then maybe the person killed is the exception - if she is making a noble sacrifice, then the Garmonbozia can be consumed by MIKE.
- However, the Garmonbozia demanded by MIKE is apparently that from Theresa, so l think maybe Garmonbozia is innately neutral, and / or / because the Ring makes it neutral or good.

Conclusions:
That's how l'd justify MIKE wanting his Garmonbozia.

- Mrs Tremond / Chalfont doesn't want it, but not because she's good (she lures Laura into the Black Lodge via the painting, and moreover, she's at the meeting above the Convenience Store and it's impossible to think anybody there was decent)
- Mrs Tremond / Chalfont is a mommy, and in fact, the only female in the Unholy Family @ convenience store
- Maybe she doesn't want Garmonbozia because it's the motherliness in her, even though she's the mommy of the Unholy Family
- Maybe also there's something sexual about Garmonbozia, something to do with its production is predicated upon the sexual relationship between male and female, and this is bolstered by Garmonbozia only being produced by women ring bearers, when they are murdered by male ring bearers.
- Therefore maybe Garmonbozia = a blight upon male / female sexual relations, more specifically, the sexual evil that men do to women, and it lives on and on, and therefore Garmonbozia is produced on and on, and therefore the need for Garmonbozia lives on and on, and therefore you could say that the Lodge Spirits (e.g. the Unholy Family) live on and on because of Garmonbozia. Except Mrs Tremond / Calfont, the female in the bunch, because Garmonbozia is the fruit of Lust-cum-Murder, and she simply does not have lust for other women and more over, she has some sort of motherly femininity despite being female head of the Unholy Family.

Summary:
Therefore maybe Garmonbozia = a blight upon male / female relations because female persuaded male to eat the Forbidden Fruit (corn, or a corn-like plant, maybe wheat, as per Alien:Covenant - Engineer's home planet, where male and female kiss in the shower, and a reptile emerges between them)
The result was Pain and Sorrow to pass between men and women
The apex of that Pain and Sorrow, the renewing force behind all exoteric pain and sorrow, was an esoteric series of dark romances between male Ring Bearer, and female Ring Bearer, where a sexual murder must be inflicted by male upon female, and that goes on and on through time, and it's this esoteric creme de la creme of Pain and Sorrow, Garmonbozia, produced by Lust-cum-Murder, which the Lodge Spirits feed off, and even rely on. As such, a heterosexual woman (Mrs Tremond / Chalfont) won't eat it (it's the fruit of Lust-Murder, and as such, is a lot like a wife's breast milk in the mind of a husband), plus she's a mother anyway.

MIKE's okay to eat it even though he's a good guy now, because he needs Garmonbozia to survive like all Lodge Spirits do, and also, the Ring maybe launders the Pain and Sorrow - it ends the karmic sequence and so anything from the passion-chase endgame's Lust-Murder requires no payback (which is why it was allowed in the first place, otherwise things might have gotten out of hand between good and evil, via karmic ripples from all the sexual murders), so Garmonbozia is neutral (regard its creaminess, it's palatable) and fit for consumption by all, but like l said, it's overt sexual nature (Lust materialised into creamy corn) is offputting to, and unnecessary for, a heterosexual woman like Mrs. Tremond /Chalfont.

Garmonbozia is for adult men only (Chalfont boy doesn't consume it - he's still a kid), it is literally the evil that men do, laundered to become karma-neutral.
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Re: Garmonbozia = for men only?

Post by sylvia_north »

I had a hard time following your post, but I've read some back in the day people positing creamed corn is a metaphor for sperm.

Remember that in the Secret Diary, BOB has Laura lick himself off her hands, and we see MFAP slurping it from his cupped hands in the same way.

What does BOB make Laura say? "In this seed is death indeed." When Laura gets pregnant and terminates, it very well may be BOB's.

Now let's free-associate! Because I can't even be bothered to make my own response comestible.

Cooper's affinity for the Tibet and Theosophy are strong elements of the Twin Peaks mythos, he even reads from the Book of the Dead, and experiences the Bardo worlds in ep 29.

The S 1&2 mythology is supported by the new Crowley/Parsons Thelema sex magick stuff. Crowley wanted to insert himself as head of the Theosophical Society and had very close ties to it. *Parsons and co wanted to make a homonculous- part of this ritual includes the use of sperm.

http://blacklies.xenu.ca/about-the-babalon-working (on Crowley creating a moonchild not born of woman)

Buddha was an antinatalist- "Oblivious of the suffering to which life is subject, man begets children, and is thus the cause of old age and death. If he would only realize what suffering he would add to by his act, he would desist from the procreation of children; and so stop the operation of old age and death." Theosophical teachings refer to esoteric physiology described in the Kabbalah and Genesis, Gnosticism and Rosicrucianism and although I don't know theosophy well, I do know that esotericists are antinatalist.

The highest spiritual attainment comes from abstaining from sexual incontience. Sex magick without sperm and virgin birth is the esoteric means of conception. Chasing orgasm and procreation is the animal/physical brain, and as Milford says in the section I paraphrased in the quote in my signature from SHoTP, the lodge beings are electrical, light years evolved from out paltry physical realm.

In the Babalon Workings, also mentioned in SHoTP, L Ron and Parsons were doing sex magick masturbation together trying to conceive a Moonchild/antichrist (this information was brought to public light by a man named Armstrong.) Immediately after, Parsons met his wife Marjorie.

" A true Moonchild [which may or may not be the Antichrist] will be the result of a virgin birth"

Christ was said to be the last known Moonchild (Gnosticism supports Christ as the anitchrist,) but Mary was not really a virgin. This was a mistranslation- she was a young woman, but that fact was largely lost to history. The fall of Adam led to the fall of the human race:: childbirth-- which is the creation of death and human PAIN AND SUFFERING.

http://www.digitalmontauk.com/?p=573

But anyway, the Christian tradition we know borrows heavily from pagan religion. The Eleusinian Mysteries are also incorporated into Theosophy and by extention Freemasonry: Persephone, goddess of vegetation, was raped and abducted by Hades and taken to the underworld, where she ate the seeds of the pomegranate. Persephone's mother is the corn/harvest/fertility goddess, Demeter... And we come full circle. :mrgreen:

PS Speaking of corn, in SHoTP, Ronald Dahl hid titanium from the Maury Island UFO in a Corn Flakes box. Titanium started being used industrially in military aviation and rockets shortly after.
Demeter is Ceres in Roman tradition
The first time we go to the Palmer house in the pilot, Sarah has boxes of cereal on the counter.
And in Fire Walk With Me Laura stares into a bowl of milky, mushy CORN FLAKES-- and won't eat them.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

Interesting posts. Corn is a big subject in Frazer's Golden Bough (although not being, obviously, the bough itself which is mistletoe). Lots of uses in fertility rites, human sacrifice, proxy / scapegoat rites and so on. The various strains of western mystery trad. cited above were led by folks who really gobbled all that stuff up (stuff being early comparative studies of folk religions), then tried to orientalise it by back-projecting it onto eastern religions (and/or linking it with a mish-mashed esoteric 'egyptian' masonry they conjured out of pure air). Presumably because it wasn't mysterious enough already, and nothing makes us western folks enter a aura of mystery like the idea of the exotic and archaic. I'm not sure that Lynch always uses this framework though. His 20th century avant-garde aesthetics of formica, chrome and stitched table-lamps work on a very different level, like estrangement of the familiar rather than dependence on the exotic. Creamed corn, according to an article in wrapped in plastic (I think it was), is what was served in the commissary while filming the series one time, and the experience of it sparked something. Happy (or unhappy) coincidence notwithstanding, it's probably a good choice of a concrete form for what Lacanian psychoanalysts call the inherent antagonism of the sexual difference m/f, which, if you follow that kind of thinking, structures all human experience.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
TPDpz

Post by TPDpz »

Just watched FWWM & missing pieces again. I think garmonbozia was just a way of describing that fear, pain & misery is food for the dark spirits.

There are interesting legends on corn though, but perhaps going there is just over analyzing it. Enjoy the speculations though. :)
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

TPDpz wrote:... I think garmonbozia was just a way of describing that fear, pain & misery is food for the dark spirits. There are interesting legends on corn though, but perhaps going there is just over analyzing it. Enjoy the speculations though. :)
I was impressed nonetheless, that corn stalks appeared on Hawk's map of images and symbols. Seeing that was enough to prompt me not to dismiss its significance outright, not yet.

Great post, @StrangerDanger! For all that I find hopelessly obscured in meaning behind concepts like the garmonbozia, needling through those possibilities I can see a sort of logic within them as you expressed them~
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
TPDpz

Post by TPDpz »

Framed_Angel wrote:
TPDpz wrote:... I think garmonbozia was just a way of describing that fear, pain & misery is food for the dark spirits. There are interesting legends on corn though, but perhaps going there is just over analyzing it. Enjoy the speculations though. :)
I was impressed nonetheless, that corn stalks appeared on Hawk's map of images and symbols. Seeing that was enough to prompt me not to dismiss its significance outright, not yet.

Great post, @StrangerDanger! For all that I find hopelessly obscured in meaning behind concepts like the garmonbozia, needling through those possibilities I can see a sort of logic within them as you expressed them~
One ancient corn legend I can recall from somewhere is that the corruption of the corn somehow affected the human race as well. They and all is interconnected so humans became corrupted as well. I just can't recall where that is from, perhaps and old indian story. Fear, pain, misery and personal corruption by manipulation go often hand in hand. :)

I like all kind of speculations.
albie
Roadhouse Member

Post by albie »

Jesus ate ears of corn to show that the law of the sabbath was not to be taken seriously.

"And it came to pass, that he went through the corn fields on the sabbath day; and his disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn."
Mark 2:23

We do know that Lynch likes his bible...

I personally think the corn just symbolises negative energy or loosh ( as they call it).

The word 'Garmunbozia' is obviously a play on ambrosia, the food of the Gods in Greek myth. So Garmunbozia could be the food of the demons.

FRom Wiki...

"In Norse mythology, Garmr or Garm (Old Norse "rag"[1]) is a wolf or dog associated with both Hel and Ragnarök, and described as a blood-stained guardian of Hel's gate."

"The Polish word Bozia, a feminised diminutive of Bóg (God), is an affectionate term used in Polish with children to convey the reassuring and comforting image of a loving, tender and protective Supreme Being. "

https://polishforums.com/off-topic/bozi ... ges-74676/

As always Lynch has us running around in circles.
Andromedeaux
Roadhouse Member

Post by Andromedeaux »

This is also pretty lateral, but when I first learned of the Twin Peaks creamed corn I was reading about the transition from hunter-gatherer to agriculture around 10,000 yrs ago and how that really brought about war, oppressive political regimes, inequality, and old testament bs that I think we are still dealing with to this day... i.e., pain and suffering. Prior to this, cave paintings which were made thousands of years apart look basically the same. As if there was no need to change.

Creamed corn, as a processed food takes this one step further.
Andromedeaux
Roadhouse Member

Post by Andromedeaux »

sylvia_north wrote:I had a hard time following your post, but I've read some back in the day people positing creamed corn is a metaphor for sperm.

Remember that in the Secret Diary, BOB has Laura lick himself off her hands, and we see MFAP slurping it from his cupped hands in the same way.

What does BOB make Laura say? "In this seed is death indeed." When Laura gets pregnant and terminates, it very well may be BOB's.

Now let's free-associate! Because I can't even be bothered to make my own response comestible.

Cooper's affinity for the Tibet and Theosophy are strong elements of the Twin Peaks mythos, he even reads from the Book of the Dead, and experiences the Bardo worlds in ep 29.

The S 1&2 mythology is supported by the new Crowley/Parsons Thelema sex magick stuff. Crowley wanted to insert himself as head of the Theosophical Society and had very close ties to it. *Parsons and co wanted to make a homonculous- part of this ritual includes the use of sperm.

http://blacklies.xenu.ca/about-the-babalon-working (on Crowley creating a moonchild not born of woman)

Buddha was an antinatalist- "Oblivious of the suffering to which life is subject, man begets children, and is thus the cause of old age and death. If he would only realize what suffering he would add to by his act, he would desist from the procreation of children; and so stop the operation of old age and death." Theosophical teachings refer to esoteric physiology described in the Kabbalah and Genesis, Gnosticism and Rosicrucianism and although I don't know theosophy well, I do know that esotericists are antinatalist.

The highest spiritual attainment comes from abstaining from sexual incontience. Sex magick without sperm and virgin birth is the esoteric means of conception. Chasing orgasm and procreation is the animal/physical brain, and as Milford says in the section I paraphrased in the quote in my signature from SHoTP, the lodge beings are electrical, light years evolved from out paltry physical realm.

In the Babalon Workings, also mentioned in SHoTP, L Ron and Parsons were doing sex magick masturbation together trying to conceive a Moonchild/antichrist (this information was brought to public light by a man named Armstrong.) Immediately after, Parsons met his wife Marjorie.

" A true Moonchild [which may or may not be the Antichrist] will be the result of a virgin birth"

Christ was said to be the last known Moonchild (Gnosticism supports Christ as the anitchrist,) but Mary was not really a virgin. This was a mistranslation- she was a young woman, but that fact was largely lost to history. The fall of Adam led to the fall of the human race:: childbirth-- which is the creation of death and human PAIN AND SUFFERING.

http://www.digitalmontauk.com/?p=573

But anyway, the Christian tradition we know borrows heavily from pagan religion. The Eleusinian Mysteries are also incorporated into Theosophy and by extention Freemasonry: Persephone, goddess of vegetation, was raped and abducted by Hades and taken to the underworld, where she ate the seeds of the pomegranate. Persephone's mother is the corn/harvest/fertility goddess, Demeter... And we come full circle. :mrgreen:

PS Speaking of corn, in SHoTP, Ronald Dahl hid titanium from the Maury Island UFO in a Corn Flakes box. Titanium started being used industrially in military aviation and rockets shortly after.
Demeter is Ceres in Roman tradition
The first time we go to the Palmer house in the pilot, Sarah has boxes of cereal on the counter.
And in Fire Walk With Me Laura stares into a bowl of milky, mushy CORN FLAKES-- and won't eat them.
So what you're really saying is I should stop coming so my girlfriend can make a virgin-birth devil child and be spiritually purified. I dunno man...

https://www.kidspot.com.au/birth/concep ... bee2998ad3
Andromedeaux
Roadhouse Member

Post by Andromedeaux »

sylvia_north wrote:..sexual inconti[n]ence...
How did I go my entire 36 years of existence without knowing this was a thing? Thank you.