Criterion edition 10/17/17

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Re: Criterion edition 10/17/17

Post by SpookySculder »

I just got the dvd in the mail. Between Two Worlds has a run time of 28.24. There is none of the "in-character" stuff.

I liked that they have the new Sheryl Lee interview which runs for about 22 minutes but unfortunately if you've read a lot of Lee's interviews or seen her speak at events, the majority of the 22 minutes is just a rehash of what she's already said over the years. Not much new here. Btw, you don't actually hear the interviewer asking questions. Its just Sheryl talking.

I'll be watching the Badalementi interview next. I'm assuming it'll be the same format as Sheryl's "interview" but I'm sure whatever I hear will be new to me because I haven't seen very many interviews with him.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

SpookySculder wrote:I just got the dvd in the mail. Between Two Worlds has a run time of 28.24. There is none of the "in-character" stuff.

I liked that they have the new Sheryl Lee interview which runs for about 22 minutes but unfortunately if you've read a lot of Lee's interviews or seen her speak at events, the majority of the 22 minutes is just a rehash of what she's already said over the years. Not much new here. Btw, you don't actually hear the interviewer asking questions. Its just Sheryl talking.

I'll be watching the Badalementi interview next. I'm assuming it'll be the same format as Sheryl's "interview" but I'm sure whatever I hear will be new to me because I haven't seen very many interviews with him.
Thanks for the feedback! Are you able to check the audio sync issues? Had you ever noticed it on the previous Entire Mystery set or do you not have Blu-ray?
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I just received the Blu-ray and while I haven't checked every scene that had audio sync issues, I can confirm that the "2 x 4" deleted scene is perfect.

So much for all the wise-guys who were saying the people who had audio sync issues just didn't know how to upgrade their firmware.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Diane wrote:I just received the Blu-ray and while I haven't checked every scene that had audio sync issues, I can confirm that the "2 x 4" deleted scene is perfect.

So much for all the wise-guys who were saying the people who had audio sync issues just didn't know how to upgrade their firmware.
Ah awesome! Were you someone that had issues before? Are you able to check your existing Entire Mystery disc again?
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

Yes, my Entire Mystery box has issues and the new one doesn't. Like I said, though, I haven't had a chance to check any other scenes yet, but so far it seems they have fixed the issue entirely.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Diane wrote:Yes, my Entire Mystery box has issues and the new one doesn't. Like I said, though, I haven't had a chance to check any other scenes yet, but so far it seems they have fixed the issue entirely.
That's awesome! Can you check the Desmond and Chet car ride toward the beginning of the film?
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I have to leave the house in a few minutes, but I will check that scene and some others and let you know as soon as I can, maybe this evening.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Diane wrote:I have to leave the house in a few minutes, but I will check that scene and some others and let you know as soon as I can, maybe this evening.
Awesome, I super appreciate it!
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

That’s great news re the sync issue!

I wonder will Q2 do another Fanedit now with the new transfer :D
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

saygoodbyetojack wrote:That’s great news re the sync issue!

I wonder will Q2 do another Fanedit now with the new transfer :D
I would love a few more confirmations from people who've had issues with the sync in the past before we say it's confirmed across the board.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The interview with Badalamenti is wonderful. He does a live performance of 'The Voice of Love'.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Jerry Horne wrote:The interview with Badalamenti is wonderful. He does a live performance of 'The Voice of Love'.
Good news! Can you check for sync issues on yours? Pretty sure you mentioned having issues with the Entire Mystery set.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:The interview with Badalamenti is wonderful. He does a live performance of 'The Voice of Love'.
Good news! Can you check for sync issues on yours? Pretty sure you mentioned having issues with the Entire Mystery set.
I only had issues until I updated my firmware then it was fine. Criterion is fine.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Diane
RR Diner Member

Post by Diane »

I checked the car scene as well as all other scenes I had a problem with. No audio sync issues on Criterion.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Diane wrote:I checked the car scene as well as all other scenes I had a problem with. No audio sync issues on Criterion.
That's great news! Thank you :)