FWWM/TMP/The ring

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

FWWM/TMP/The ring

Post by Johnsusername »

So, I watched the fan edit last night with (some of) the Missing Pieces added in. I know it's not everyone's favourite way to watch FWWM but this is the second time i've watched and must admit I love it. It's a huge TP hit!

Anyway, cut to the chase - what is the deal with the nurse who is looking after Annie?? She virtually ignores Annie's dialogue about Good Dale (which is the same in Laura's bed) and then takes the ring. Is anything more made of this? I haven't read the second book so not sure if it's in that.

Also, how did Teresa Banks get the ring?

This may already have been discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find it.
NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

Re: FWWM/TMP/The ring

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

I think it's just to show the power that the ring has, and how it attracts people to it (I just made it sound like Lord of the Rings :D )

You're right that there is no more information on her though. It's interesting because next we see it, Ray has the ring.

I'm also interested in how the ring works. Did Chester Desmond disappear as soon as he touched it? It's different from how others have reacted with the ring.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:I think it's just to show the power that the ring has, and how it attracts people to it (I just made it sound like Lord of the Rings :D )

You're right that there is no more information on her though. It's interesting because next we see it, Ray has the ring.

I'm also interested in how the ring works. Did Chester Desmond disappear as soon as he touched it? It's different from how others have reacted with the ring.
I don't think we actually see Chester disappear, as I recall the image simply freezes as he reaches for the ring.

It seems though that once you've worn the ring you are married to the lodge, sooner or later you will end up there. It seems though that maybe Annie Blackburne somehow managed to break her affiliation with the place.
NewtoTwinPeaks
Roadhouse Member

Post by NewtoTwinPeaks »

eyeboogers wrote:
NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:I think it's just to show the power that the ring has, and how it attracts people to it (I just made it sound like Lord of the Rings :D )

I don't think we actually see Chester disappear, as I recall the image simply freezes as he reaches for the ring.

It seems though that once you've worn the ring you are married to the lodge, sooner or later you will end up there. It seems though that maybe Annie Blackburne somehow managed to break her affiliation with the place.
Not just Annie, I believe Teresa Banks also was never shown or mentioned at the Lodge?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

NewtoTwinPeaks wrote:
eyeboogers wrote:

Not just Annie, I believe Teresa Banks also was never shown or mentioned at the Lodge?
and then there's Josie, who we never saw put on the ring, but was never the less claimed by the lodge peeps.