Part 5 - Case files (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 5 (SPOILERS)

Post by Esselgee »

I'm guessing that Jacoby isn't married anymore. Also, he probably doesn't have his home in Hawaii either. Did the book mention anything?

Looks like Mike had a wedding ring on. Maybe he got back with Donna? Or he could have moved on to her sister. That would probably be Doc Hayward's nightmare.

If Mike knew that Steven was Bobby's son-in-law, would he have treated him like that? So maybe he's not his son-in-law? Or maybe Mike treated him like that because he knew Becky was Shelly's daughter with another guy and not Bobby.
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

BEARisonFord wrote:I was just thinking how pissed some of you would be if DroolCoop stuck around until the very last episode. :D
*Shudders* And I thought the Lucy baby daddy drama was agonizing...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No Wally! Woo-hoo!

;)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

I am imagining DroolCoop will stay DroolCoop until he confronts DoppelCoop and they merge into some whole version of Coop. Only when Cooper can confront his darkness will he be whole again.

I am enjoying DroolCoop, mainly because it is a complete deconstruction of Dale Cooper. We are watching Coop re-grow and re-develop himself from nothing, and we get to see him rediscover himself in a pure, unfiltered way that we might not witness were Coop to be of his usual faculties. I can't think of another popular character that has been boiled down to their very essentials as Coop has been, and then have to build themself back up into the person they once were.

I think the shot of Coop looking at Sunny Jim and crying was indicative of where DroopCoop's development is headed. WIthout the armor of his former adult identity, he is vulnerable to the pain of the world again. Maybe Coop needed to be stripped of his armor so he could confront his own darkness, and not run away from it.
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

Esselgee wrote:
Looks like Mike had a wedding ring on. Maybe he got back with Donna? Or he could have moved on to her sister. That would probably be Doc Hayward's nightmare..
I'm truly curious how they're going to address Donna. Part of me is wondering if she will indeed be in the show but simply recast yet again? Regardless I do not see her settling down with Mike at all.

I would think Donna may have moved away and simply settled down in a new city with a new life. I don't see her staying around Twin Peaks for 25 years, I really don't.
Mattkrall

Post by Mattkrall »

Does anyone have a screenshot of Dopple-Coop looking at Bob in the mirror in this new episode? I missed seeing BOB...
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Here's a GIF of the Dopplecoop/Bob transformation with the levels amped up so we can see more detail, sorry its so small but the board has size restrictions.
Attachments
cooper-bob-002.gif
cooper-bob-002.gif (997.85 KiB) Viewed 9732 times
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

nadine has aged quite well
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

I absolutely loved this episode.. It felt like a middle-of-the-road episode, like ep 4, 5, 9, etc. I was literally afraid it was about to end several times as im lying in bed watching on the tv so cant see any time stamps. In other words i was completely invested throughout.

So good to see Mike, Jacoby, Jerry, Nadine, Norma, Shelley, etc. again. Can you guys believe that this is actually happening.. And theres some new great characters, especially Richard Horne who was really damn creepy. And the Bob morph was gorgeously creepy and well done.

The thing that struck me right away is that BadCoop are able to somehow read thoughts ("just like what happened to you in Pittsburgh that time, huh Cooper"). Mr. Strawberry seems to be a secret that only the warden knew about, probably a gay lover, hence his reaction.

My one critique is that some scenes do go on for too long. I was watching Lost Highway recently and was reminded what an exceptional working relationship Lynch had with Mary Sweeney. Theres still a lot of stillness and dreaded silence there but its cut so exact the scenes never overstay there welcome, like some Dougie scenes for instance.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

BEARisonFord wrote:I was just thinking how pissed some of you would be if DroolCoop stuck around until the very last episode. :D
About as pissed as Leo is when he comes home to a messy house.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

claaa7 wrote:Mr. Strawberry seems to be a secret that only the warden knew about, probably a gay lover, hence his reaction.
My initial thought was that it was probably someone the warden had killed. something like that. nobody knew about it.
TwistedFate_L4
Roadhouse Member

Post by TwistedFate_L4 »

Seeing Peggy Lipton's warm smiling face truly made me feel like I was back home. Talking about scenes that go on way too long, the Norma/Shelly should've been one that lingered. Not enough time was spent and it felt so good.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

I think they used this shot to make Bob appear in this episode.
He chews gum there so perhaps one of the frames connects 100% to that.

I swear I will freak out if they use some of the more scary and freaky shots of Bob from the second season like this :shock:
Attachments
bobs.jpg
bobs.jpg (21.53 KiB) Viewed 9717 times
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

For me it was the best episode so far. Perfect balance between the genres and the storylines. Loved it. More thoughts later.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

Got a lot of posts to read through now! :lol:
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare