Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The Twin Peaks designer drug is called Sparkle.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

I'm not sure if this thought has crossed anyone's mind yet, however I think it's more than possible that TSHOTP, and it's interwoven Native American back-story relative to modern TP and Project Blue Book may end up being the thread that ties S.Dakota, Las Vegas, NY and Twin Peaks together.

I don't think we are done seeing how Hawk's heritage will play what I think will be a much bigger role, then him only seeing a coin and a bathroom stall manufacturing label and the missing pages.

For example, the three tribes that most recently were buying their old land back are the Yankton, the Nez Perce and the Agua Caliente.

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/agua- ... ior-reduce

Interestingly enough, the Agua Caliente are located in Riverside County, CA and that region is known as ...

... get this ...

Inland Empire.
watergateburglar

Post by watergateburglar »

baxter wrote:I also had the thought that next episode, Dougie gets attacked by the hit man and suddenly wakes up, but it's just as likely that he gets attacked, somehow recalls his boxing move and stumbles comedically through the encounter. Or maybe it just goes back to Buckhorn for 45 minutes, then they release Bad Cooper at the end.

Having one episode a week is really frustrating, but in a way I'm glad it wasn't dumped all in one go since I would be forced to watch the whole thing endlessly on repeat in a stupor.

Tony Soprano got out of his depression in season 1 w/ defending himself in an assassination attempt. Mark Frost has expressed admiration for David Chase expressing admiration and taking inspiration from Twin Peaks, possible he will return the favor w/ a similar storytelling device here... I don't think of Cooper as being a violent sorta guy, but taking down Ike the Spike might get him woken up.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

Neat.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

watergateburglar wrote:Be interesting to see Philip Gerard turn up as a shoe salesman in TP or Las Vegas at some point..
I wondered about that - since Gerard is Mike's host, why doesn't Mike send Gerard to wake Dougie up? Is it because of the "chemicals" Gerard takes, or is Gerard, the host, dead? Did Mike find a new host, and is that who is talking to Evil Coop on the phone?

Also, why haven't we ever seen doppelgängers for Mike and Bob in the Twin Peaks mythology? Are they special and unlike the other lodge entities? Even the powerful Arm has a doppelgänger. - Would be interesting to see Bob's double - he would have to be quite saintly.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

The date on the boxing poster says June 18th...next Sunday lol. Maybe Lynch is telling us something
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I will again note, in case anyone forgot or missed it, that Al Strobel has been credited for playing "Phillip Gerard" -- NOT "Mike" -- on this new series. May mean nothing, but DKL has been pretty meticulous about how people are credited on this show.
Denise's Pieces
Roadhouse Member

Post by Denise's Pieces »

I don't care what anyone says. Ike the Spike's Murderous Theme Song makes me laugh every single time.
watergateburglar

Denise's Pieces wrote:I don't care what anyone says. Ike the Spike's Murderous Theme Song makes me laugh every single time.
what's the name of that track ? i enjoy it too.
watergateburglar

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I will again note, in case anyone forgot or missed it, that Al Strobel has been credited for playing "Phillip Gerard" -- NOT "Mike" -- on this new series. May mean nothing, but DKL has been pretty meticulous about how people are credited on this show.
have noticed this... not sure what it means... Mike seemed to be sort of a born-again, being purified when he cut the arm off, but then in FWWM, his character seemed to just feel cheated out of garmonbozia and Bob was out of bounds with the Lodge rulebook, and was trying to reign him in.. albeit more cynically.. how was he credited on FWWM ?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

watergateburglar wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I will again note, in case anyone forgot or missed it, that Al Strobel has been credited for playing "Phillip Gerard" -- NOT "Mike" -- on this new series. May mean nothing, but DKL has been pretty meticulous about how people are credited on this show.
have noticed this... not sure what it means... Mike seemed to be sort of a born-again, being purified when he cut the arm off, but then in FWWM, his character seemed to just feel cheated out of garmonbozia and Bob was out of bounds with the Lodge rulebook, and was trying to reign him in.. albeit more cynically.. how was he credited on FWWM ?
In FWWM, he was credited as "Philip [sic] Gerard (The One Armed Man)." Actually, he has NEVER been credited as "Mike" (perhaps to avoid confusion with Mr. Nelson?). He was credited as "One-Armed Man" in Pilot, Episodes 1, 2, and 4, and as "Phillip Michael Gerard" in Episodes 8, 10 and 15. (In other episodes, he was in the opening credits and therefore not paired with a character name.)
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Have there been new part descriptions announced by Showtime?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Have there been new part descriptions announced by Showtime?
From another thread:
ThumbsUp wrote:Did you guys see this? Apparently the Showtime descriptions for parts 9-12 were revealed today. I can't find anything on the Showtime site, but WTTP is a pretty good source, right? Can anyone confirm the descriptions?

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... 12-titles/

Part 9: This is the chair. (July 9, 2017)
Part 10: Laura is the one. (July 16, 2017)
Part 11: There’s fire where you are going. (July 23, 2017)
Part 12: Let’s rock. (July 30, 2017)
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Thanks! Glad to know this is real. Very enticing descriptions.

Did they already release the descriptions for 7 and 8 then?

Laura is the one ... oh man!