Part 5 - Case files (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 5 (SPOILERS)

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I think the clues to who Richard Horne's father is are in the Ben and Jerry scene. We all noticed the emphasis on Ben's newfound respect for women. RESPECT is underscored for us very clearly. While Jerry is mainly still of the SOCK IT TO ME attitude.

Either one of them could have created a misogynist monster for a son, but the irony of Ben's epiphany make him a strong candidate and provide reason for his change of mind. You create a monster worse than yourself and that can be one of the strongest medicines.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

oxyboldine wrote:Hi !

I love each episode from season 3. It is like a dreaaam. My personal theory concerning Dougie so far : maybe the thing that is "missing" has to do with... relatives.

In Fire walk with me, the "uncle" was missing in Gordon Cole's sentence :

And, in the original serie, the "cousin" was a leitmotiv, from the MFAP, to Maddy... :

So, how do we explain that Dougie Jones looks like Cooper, so everyone just think that he has lost weight ? Maybe Cooper has a "cousin", named Dougie Jones. Bob, since he possess Cooper, knows that, and uses that cousin to trap Good Dale. But Bob/Mister C. plan fails, Cooper is not killed by the snipers and now, Cooper has taken place of his cousin. So, there is now two Cooper on earth.

But no more Dougie - he has disappeared in the Lodge. Maybe that is why Cooper is crying seeing the child : is he thinking of his dead father ?

So, the Message from the Log wouldn't be about Indian Heritage, but an heritage from a relative. Hawk has to think about Cooper's relatives to find Coop/Dougie. Maybe the insurance man in episode 1 was here to see Sherif Truman about his testament, and maybe Hawk will heritate ?

So, to conclude :
- Harry Truman dies
- Hawk get an heritage
- Hawk realize that the Log message was about relatives of Cooper and find the Jones family

Or :
- the link is the insurance company, maybe the insurance guy from episode 1 works for Lucky 7 as Dougie/Cooper.

Well, my theory is not clear in my head! The two Truman brothers make me also think about relatives, and Harry health issues about heritage - as Margaret Lanterman, too. And the next episode is called "Don't Die"... :shock: :cry:

Well, it is all pure theory. Maybe Dougie was juste a lookalike of Coop', but not a relative. Or maybe it is all pure surrealism !
Isn't Frank talking to Harry everyday?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
oxyboldine
Roadhouse Member

Post by oxyboldine »

Jerry Horne wrote:
oxyboldine wrote:Hi !

I love each episode from season 3. It is like a dreaaam. My personal theory concerning Dougie so far : maybe the thing that is "missing" has to do with... relatives.

In Fire walk with me, the "uncle" was missing in Gordon Cole's sentence :

And, in the original serie, the "cousin" was a leitmotiv, from the MFAP, to Maddy... :

So, how do we explain that Dougie Jones looks like Cooper, so everyone just think that he has lost weight ? Maybe Cooper has a "cousin", named Dougie Jones. Bob, since he possess Cooper, knows that, and uses that cousin to trap Good Dale. But Bob/Mister C. plan fails, Cooper is not killed by the snipers and now, Cooper has taken place of his cousin. So, there is now two Cooper on earth.

But no more Dougie - he has disappeared in the Lodge. Maybe that is why Cooper is crying seeing the child : is he thinking of his dead father ?

So, the Message from the Log wouldn't be about Indian Heritage, but an heritage from a relative. Hawk has to think about Cooper's relatives to find Coop/Dougie. Maybe the insurance man in episode 1 was here to see Sherif Truman about his testament, and maybe Hawk will heritate ?

So, to conclude :
- Harry Truman dies
- Hawk get an heritage
- Hawk realize that the Log message was about relatives of Cooper and find the Jones family

Or :
- the link is the insurance company, maybe the insurance guy from episode 1 works for Lucky 7 as Dougie/Cooper.

Well, my theory is not clear in my head! The two Truman brothers make me also think about relatives, and Harry health issues about heritage - as Margaret Lanterman, too. And the next episode is called "Don't Die"... :shock: :cry:

Well, it is all pure theory. Maybe Dougie was juste a lookalike of Coop', but not a relative. Or maybe it is all pure surrealism !
Isn't Frank talking to Harry everyday?
Yes, but from the phone call in the 5th episode, and the visit of Wally, we can imagine he has a serious disease
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Oh I gotcha. He might die.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
wowdavidwow

Post by wowdavidwow »

Am I seeing things or does Richard Horne have a birthmark near his left eye? Is this detail significant?
Attachments
hornes01.jpg
hornes01.jpg (616.37 KiB) Viewed 10991 times
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Woah! Good stuff, people!

And our impression of Audrey when we were first introduced to her was that she was "the bad girl of town."
wowdavidwow

Post by wowdavidwow »

For those that are wondering about Tammy Preston's investigation of Cooper's fingerprints, here is an image from Photoshop. The green highlighted lines show that the "L Ring Finger" on screen right is indeed a mirrored image of the "L Ring Finger" on screen left. It's a match. And my face looked very similar to Tammy's, so her acting is definitely spot on. Also, notice that the label that is supposed to say "4. L RING" is written backwards.
Attachments
fingerprints01.jpg
fingerprints01.jpg (105.94 KiB) Viewed 10967 times
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Remind me whose fingerprints are being compared? Are they the original Cooper's FBI prints on file being compared to BadCoop's fingerprints? Why would the outside edges of the ink be expected to match up anyway? Wouldn't they be different each time a person has their fingerprints taken based on the ink and how the finger is pressed down? It's really the pattern of the friction ridges that matter. I can't tell from the screen shot if those are even visible.

It seems for the show they just flipped the entire fingerprint smudge including the original text label which seems pretty sloppy.
wowdavidwow

Post by wowdavidwow »

The prints on screen left have a heading that says "COOPER, DALE," "FBI Central Division," an address in Harrisburg, PA, etc. We can assume those prints are original Cooper's FBI records. Tammy also has a paper copy of those prints in front of the iMac.

The prints on screen right seem to be an arrest record because that document says "SUSPECT IN MULTIPLE CRIMES."

I find it weird that most or all of the arrest record fingerprints look almost identical to prints that Cooper made 25+ years ago. The extra weird part is the backwards "4. L RING" print and label on the arrest record. This detail may be similar to Doppel-Cooper's saying the word "YREV" instead of "VERY." Perhaps his facade is slipping up in small doses.
Attachments
fingerprint_screen01.png
fingerprint_screen01.png (595.26 KiB) Viewed 10932 times
secretlettermkr
RR Diner Member

Post by secretlettermkr »

dkenny78 wrote:The MacLachlan/Silva face morph is subtle but effective and creepy as hell. Is anyone able to figure out what image/footage of Silva was used to create the effect? It's definitely not from Episode 14, when BOB kills Maddy. I think it comes from Episode 16 when Bob is chewing gum in the mirror.
BOB-.png
BOB-.png (926.57 KiB) Viewed 10929 times
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

secretlettermkr wrote:
dkenny78 wrote:The MacLachlan/Silva face morph is subtle but effective and creepy as hell. Is anyone able to figure out what image/footage of Silva was used to create the effect? It's definitely not from Episode 14, when BOB kills Maddy. I think it comes from Episode 16 when Bob is chewing gum in the mirror.
BOB-.png
As soon as I saw the morph I thought of this scene. Pretty sure this is the one.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

wowdavidwow wrote:And my face looked very similar to Tammy's, so her acting is definitely spot on.
Is that you Chrysta? :wink:
wowdavidwow

Post by wowdavidwow »

musicaddict wrote:
wowdavidwow wrote:And my face looked very similar to Tammy's, so her acting is definitely spot on.
Is that you Chrysta? :wink:

Nope.
wowdavidwow

Post by wowdavidwow »

I just noticed that I had the 777th reply on this topic. HELLO-O-O!!!!!
Xavi
RR Diner Member

Post by Xavi »

Of course you all know that Dougie stems from Douglas, but in case you don't or didn't, just surf the internet and maybe you will end up here, or somewhere near.

Dougie.
Origin of the name Douglas:

Transferred use of the surname derived from the Gaelic Dubhglas, a compounding of the elements dubh (black, dark) and glas (blue, green, gray). Dubhglas was a common Celtic river name, and the surname might have originated to denote one who lived near the river. Short: Doug. Pet: Dougie, Duggie.

http://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/boy/dougie

Then ... It's only a small step to arrive somewhere between those millions of millions of Douglas Firs ; - ) if the right one only receives the key.