Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Part 5 - Case files (SPOILERS)

Post by N. Needleman »

Edited for ep6 material-
mtwentz wrote:
Spoiler:
Red has the cover of a legit business and Shelly will have no idea what his 'real' business is.

It's gotten me to wondering: are the storylines of Red, Shelly, Becky, Richard and Coop all going to collide at some point?
That is my suspicion. Plus we of course have Bobby in the mix in some way as a deputy investigating the drug trade. (While his checkered past may come into play I don't think Bobby is on the take - I think he is a red herring given his background and it's all Chad)
Spoiler:
I can't help but wonder if Bad Coop and Red aren't connected somehow, though we've obviously seen no evidence of that as of yet.
Was the Bad Dale involved in moving product? Beyond the coke in his trunk I honestly can't remember. I don't know if we have the scope of his criminal empire but one could assume he or Jeffries(?) are tied to Duncan Todd/Patrick Fischler in Vegas. It would not shock me if
Spoiler:
Red
is connected to the doppelganger or Jeffries in some way.
Last edited by N. Needleman on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

I'm guessing Bobby's storyline will be to take down Chad.
BMS242
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 5 - Case files (SPOILERS)

Post by BMS242 »

N. Needleman wrote: Was the Bad Dale involved in moving product? Beyond the coke in his trunk I honestly can't remember. I don't know if we have the scope of his criminal empire but one could assume he or Jeffries(?) are tied to Duncan Todd/Patrick Fischler in Vegas. It would not shock me if Red is connected to the doppelganger or Jeffries in some way.
Other than what was in his car, I don't recall anything.

However, it's interesting to think that DoppleCoop could have used some of the knowledge of the drug trade in the area (through the border and a sleepy town like TP) that Dale picked up in the original series to help fund whatever it is that he's up to. Seems like a void would have been left there given that most of the key players were taken out of commission in the series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Was the Bad Dale involved in moving product? Beyond the coke in his trunk I honestly can't remember. I don't know if we have the scope of his criminal empire but one could assume he or Jeffries(?) are tied to Duncan Todd/Patrick Fischler in Vegas. It would not shock me if Red is connected to the doppelganger or Jeffries in some way.
i don't believe we know much about Bad Coop's involvement with drugs, except for the fact he was caught with the cocaine. However, there was the mention of the FBI man in Colombia that was killed after Albert gave the information to Jeffries.

Also, remember Bad Coop says he is working undercover. Could that undercover operation Bad Coop claims to be a part of include becoming involved with a drug mafia?

Somehow, I do not see Bad Coop as having a criminal empire, but maybe he's connected to the drug mafias in some way, maybe protecting them from the FBI/DEA by feeding them intelligence.

Which means he could be connected to Red in one of two ways (if they are connected at all): Red might be a business partner or Red might actually be part of a rival drug gang. We still do not know who is trying to kill Bad Coop.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

Some hint of what BadCoop has spent doing for 25 years would be good.
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

Creating and / or Collecting GARMONBOZIA for himself and/or Bob / the lodge denizens..... :-)
Qubism
Roadhouse Member
Location: Another Place - Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by Qubism »

kuprin82 wrote:
Qubism wrote:Anyone able to say more about the statue?

It really reminds me of a giant version of a 1 32nd scale green plastic soldier that I used to play with in the 1970s..... that exact pose...

The uniform seems to be the US army Vietnam era OG 107 Cotton Sateen Utility Uniform:
1496675373-new-twin-peaks-statue.jpg
OG 107 SATEEN suit 290113 01.JPG

I WISH OG 107 stood for Original Gangster, but in this context it is Olive Green!
So why is this seemingly Vietnam era statue at Dougie's workplace and why is Coop so struck by it?
Anyone remember anything about Coop's father from My Life My Tapes?
))))))) This is James Stewart from the movie "The FBI Story" (1959)!)
(John Michael ('Chip') Hardesty (James Stewart) narrates the story of a murder, which the viewer sees in a....(!)FLASHBACK(!). Young Jack Graham (Nick Adams), takes out life insurance on his mother and plants a bomb in her luggage for a flight that she was taking from Denver, Colorado, to Portland, Oregon, November 1, 1955)
P.S.:
The Autobiography - of - F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper My Life, My Tapes
As heard by Scott Frost
"...Above my bed on the wall is my most important personal item, a poster of.......(!) Jimmy Stewart......(!)... in the movie The FBI Story which only I can touch. I am talking into a Norelco B2000 reel-to-reel tape-playing recorder that I received as a Christmas present. I gave Dad a bottle of Old Spice and a pair of Totes, and Mom a nonstick spatula set..."
Wow! Thanks, I remember about the Poster for the film from MLMT, but I had no idea that was the statue!
OMG!

I have some great memories or Kyiv in the summertime...... how is the weather?
Also how are you watching Twin Peaks The Return, is it thru satellite or cable TV?

Cheers from Ye Olde Nottingham Town
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

There was a lot of talk earlier in this thread about Room 316 and what it will look like when we see it again. I just rewatched the European ending to the pilot and - We see Room 316 in it! I'd forgotten this. Our first proper time seeing Coop's room is Episode 1, Season 1 - on a different set I think? One that was built for the series? The one here looks a bit different. It's the same idea but the gun over the bed is at a different angle, its affixed to something different, and there's no lamps on the wall. The wooden headboard looks different too. And the bedside lamp is not the same. Wondering if this was an actual room in the Salish Lodge, circa 1989/1990 - or if they built this on a set, as most of the Pilot was shot on location. These sets weren't used or built until the series itself.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jonah wrote:There was a lot of talk earlier in this thread about Room 316 and what it will look like when we see it again. I just rewatched the European ending to the pilot and - We see Room 316 in it! I'd forgotten this. Our first proper time seeing Coop's room is Episode 1, Season 1 - on a different set I think? One that was built for the series? The one here looks a bit different. It's the same idea but the gun over the bed is at a different angle, its affixed to something different, and there's no lamps on the wall. The wooden headboard looks different too. And the bedside lamp is not the same. Wondering if this was an actual room in the Salish Lodge, circa 1989/1990 - or if they built this on a set, as most of the Pilot was shot on location. These sets weren't used or built until the series itself.
There are also many differences in the room and bathroom between episode 29 and Missing Pieces.
kuprin82

Post by kuprin82 »

Qubism wrote:
kuprin82 wrote:
Qubism wrote:Anyone able to say more about the statue?

It really reminds me of a giant version of a 1 32nd scale green plastic soldier that I used to play with in the 1970s..... that exact pose...

The uniform seems to be the US army Vietnam era OG 107 Cotton Sateen Utility Uniform:
1496675373-new-twin-peaks-statue.jpg
OG 107 SATEEN suit 290113 01.JPG

I WISH OG 107 stood for Original Gangster, but in this context it is Olive Green!
So why is this seemingly Vietnam era statue at Dougie's workplace and why is Coop so struck by it?
Anyone remember anything about Coop's father from My Life My Tapes?
))))))) This is James Stewart from the movie "The FBI Story" (1959)!)
(John Michael ('Chip') Hardesty (James Stewart) narrates the story of a murder, which the viewer sees in a....(!)FLASHBACK(!). Young Jack Graham (Nick Adams), takes out life insurance on his mother and plants a bomb in her luggage for a flight that she was taking from Denver, Colorado, to Portland, Oregon, November 1, 1955)
P.S.:
The Autobiography - of - F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper My Life, My Tapes
As heard by Scott Frost
"...Above my bed on the wall is my most important personal item, a poster of.......(!) Jimmy Stewart......(!)... in the movie The FBI Story which only I can touch. I am talking into a Norelco B2000 reel-to-reel tape-playing recorder that I received as a Christmas present. I gave Dad a bottle of Old Spice and a pair of Totes, and Mom a nonstick spatula set..."
Wow! Thanks, I remember about the Poster for the film from MLMT, but I had no idea that was the statue!
OMG!

I have some great memories or Kyiv in the summertime...... how is the weather?
Also how are you watching Twin Peaks The Return, is it thru satellite or cable TV?

Cheers from Ye Olde Nottingham Town
Thank you! Greetings from Kiev! The weather is excellent!) We look: sometimes on Showtime, but we have it at 4 am, or just on the Internet!
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

here are some behind-the-scenes pics
Spoiler:
nick1218
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 5 (SPOILERS)

Post by nick1218 »

madeleineferguson wrote:Also... Toad has been recast.
yeah that was really strange, why call him Toad at all?
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

nick1218 wrote:
Parallel universe/dimension, flickering like a hologram layered over this one. Things can be just slightly different. Like those customers in ep 7 changing, in the same moment in time. Any number of things could have led to Toad being a different man in this particular reality, even the Toad nickname bestowed on a different man-- though I was certain, being an unrepentant Toadfan, that when the preliminary cast was released that large #ToadClassic was on the list.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

nick1218 wrote:
You guys know this dates back to the FWWM script/shoot, right? The same actor/character appears there, and is named "Toad" in both the script and the credits for TMP. This is just the first time it's been canonized in the show's dialogue.

I really wonder if anyone will ever shed light on the story behind this. The best I can imagine is that Toad became a writers'/directors' running joke on the show that DKL was only half-aware of, and he misunderstood or wasn't aware that the character had actually appeared on the show? You'd think Engels would have set him straight, but it seems like he can be pretty loopy when it comes to memory...so who knows. Definitely pretty funky. In my head, I just assume they're father and son.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Isn't the original Toad actor on the cast list though? We might see them together?