Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by Jerry Horne »

thedougpa wrote:Am I the only one that thought the image on the playing card was an ant's head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first reaction was it's a reference to his 'Rabbits' project.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Has anyone developed a theory as to what the Log says is missing form the Palmer evidence file? Are we all convinced it is missing diary pages stating the Good Dale is trapped in the Lodge? (which of course, he isn't anymore- at least we think he isn't).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

I think the symbol was an Owl, not an Ant.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

thedougpa wrote:Am I the only one that thought the image on the playing card was an ant's head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought it was a reference to "touched by the devilish one".
douglasb
RR Diner Member

Post by douglasb »

BadCoop was in danger, but why did Dougie have assassins on his back too? His wife mentions being able to "pay off" someone.
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

douglasb wrote:BadCoop was in danger, but why did Dougie have assassins on his back too? His wife mentions being able to "pay off" someone.
From what I've inferred, those guys work for Evil Cob. They were supposed to take out Cooper, if he had materialized, so Cob would be the only Cooper left.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

mtwentz wrote:
Here Comes That Bob wrote:Does anyone have any clue on the significance of Richard and Linda? Are they someone Cooper used to know or maybe people involved in his previous cases? I really don't know.
Right now, I would consider that question to be one of the central mysteries, if not THE central mystery, of the series.

I have not heard of any theories so far.
The first thing I thought of was 'Richard and Linda Thompson' although no idea how they might connect to anything in Twin Peaks.

This might already have been mentioned, but the number given by the tree is 2-5-0 in the subtitles but 2-5-7 spoken.

Could the junkie saying 1-1-9 be a cry for help? 119 being 911 backwards...
Pöllö
RR Diner Member

Post by Pöllö »

Do anyone of you think that the show will become more grounded and have more scenes that are reminiscent of the old TP as it goes on, like some have suggested? Or do you think it will stay the same way stylistically.
The cow jumped over the moon.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There's nothing wrong with disagreement and vigorous discussion. Let's do it with common courtesy.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Dom834
Roadhouse Member

Post by Dom834 »

sneakydave wrote:Did folks spot the blue rose on the table in the non-existent place whilst Coop is talking to Not-Ronette?
Here it is
Attachments
ROSE.jpg
ROSE.jpg (64.54 KiB) Viewed 11499 times
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Jerry Horne wrote:There's nothing wrong with disagreement and vigorous discussion. Let's do it with common courtesy.
To whom is this referenced to ? Everyone are pretty civil and respectful in this thread.
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

yes i spotted the Blue Rose but i did forget about it. like about the Choco Bunnies.

The thing on the Card is the Owl Symbol! Of course!
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Dom834 wrote:
sneakydave wrote:Did folks spot the blue rose on the table in the non-existent place whilst Coop is talking to Not-Ronette?
Here it is
No way. Well spotted. Minutes after Major Garland Briggs' words. Is this the origin of the Blue Rose itself, have these been discovered or sighted before in connection to the Lodge worlds?
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

TweetPeak wrote:yes i spotted the Blue Rose but i did forget about it. like about the Choco Bunnies.

The thing on the Card is the Owl Symbol! Of course!
My goodness, you're right! IT's definitely an owl cave symbol. The only difference is that the rotated square is replaced with a black circle of an ace card. I think that's what make the most sense.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Pöllö wrote:Do anyone of you think that the show will become more grounded and have more scenes that are reminiscent of the old TP as it goes on, like some have suggested? Or do you think it will stay the same way stylistically.
I think people are exaggerating how different Twin Peaks is in this show vs. the old show. Truth be told, we just have not seen much of Twin Peaks at all, except for Hawk, Andy and Lucy.

Once we finally see the RR and the atmosphere there (and the Great Northern aside from Ben's office) then we can get a better appraisal of the town overall.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly